Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 17, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/17/2015 at 7:52:03 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 17, 15 1:55 AM
Playing on Macbook Pro OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Game cursor changes to system cursor when moving it to the right or to the inventory. Not had this issue before. Game very slow to respond to cursor when closing a box or taking an inventory item also.

I looked at settings and there's no widescreen option only full screen. Won't let me click on wide screen, yet my Mac is widescreen. Wondering if this is the issue?

Liked the game, but won't buy until there's a fix or a way around it. Don't want to play without system cursor as can't see it, nor are the needed actions displayed.

Any ideas anyone please?

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ElderJen on Oct 17, 15 2:38 AM
Playing on Windows 7 and I have a similar problem... it does not fit my screen.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Oct 17, 15 3:12 AM
i`m playing on XP game to big for my screen cant see hint button in right hand corner or map i think it is to the left no option to change game size to fit screen

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 17, 15 5:44 AM
The left and right side of the screen is not to be seen, I've changed resolution, didn't help.
This way I can't reach the hint button or go the strategy guide or even go the menu.
Even the inventory is cut off..

And it took ages to load after filling in profile and settings..

PC, Windows 7 Home pro, 64 bit

Yuk, I'll try the SE maybe that is a better choice...

Edited on 10/17/2015 at 3:03:02 PM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 17, 15 5:47 AM
Had issues with animation skipping and a jerky cursor. I disabled the special effects, but the problems were still there.

No problem with display.

PC, Windows 7 Home pro, 64 bit

edit: Ok. This is weird. Got the game. Throughout the ENTIRE game, anything that involved fire was invisible. The sound effect was there...just no fire. Every torch, candle flame, campfire for a pot, even the FIREFLIES, were invisible.

Background fires were there. Just nothing interactive.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 3:01:02 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 17, 15 6:16 AM
i am using windows 10 i have the same problems my screen isnt big enough
Cisca

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 17, 15 7:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

pmax7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance 3: The Swan Sonata Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pmax7 on Oct 17, 15 2:59 PM
iMac
OS X 10.9.5

Game, [graphics, video, display, etc.] ran seamlessly until Bonus Game Play, specifically: At The Castle where game decelerates lower than "painful". [Although game is still responding, force quit is best option, as navigation is near to impossible. ]

Trouble-shooting:

• Uninstalled game and any/all associated files [i.e., ~/library/application support/dark romance, ~/downloads, etal]
• Re-install [/applications]
• Replay game -- same issue, same place

• Installed Game Manager [~/applications], downloaded game and played in another [admin] user account : issue occurs both user directories

Please Note: Game does not crash and played exceptionally well up until specific location.

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

tsj1769
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tsj1769 on Oct 17, 15 6:07 PM
I'm in the bonus chapter can't get through gates...I have basket of apples and checked the guide I have done everything...is this a glitch ? I cant finish the game..

[Post New]by tigerlily142 on Oct 17, 15 7:51 PM
I had the same issue about the screen being to wide and not getting the strategy guide, hint button and etc. so e-mailed big fish games about this issue and they told me to change my screen resolution.. I had it on 1280x1024 but put it on a different screen resolution but then I put it back to the one I had it on and for some reason it is working fine. Its just weird it didn't work on the screen resolution at first. Hope this helps some people out because for some strange reason it helped me out. Like I said, now it is working fine.

Edited on 10/17/2015 at 7:53:23 PM PST

nefra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nefra on Oct 17, 15 9:35 PM
Game doesn't fit the screen. Can't play. Wide screen button needs to be fixed. Not happy with this. Please fix asap. Thanks

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Oct 17, 15 11:50 PM
pmax7 wrote:iMac
OS X 10.9.5

Game, [graphics, video, display, etc.] ran seamlessly until Bonus Game Play, specifically: At The Castle where game decelerates lower than "painful". [Although game is still responding, force quit is best option, as navigation is near to impossible. ]

Trouble-shooting:

• Uninstalled game and any/all associated files [i.e., ~/library/application support/dark romance, ~/downloads, etal]

• Installed Game Manager [~/applications], downloaded game and played in another [admin] user account : issue occurs both user directories

Please Note: Game does not crash and played exceptionally well up until specific location.

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

Same problem. MacPro Yosemite: 10.10.5. This is not the first time that these kind of glitches are occurring with Domini Games. BFG please expedite a de bug! Really tired of buying games and encountering these problems.

[Post New]by Opattylmy on Oct 18, 15 6:38 AM
Running Windows 10 Pro.
Same problems...game goes beyond screen sides, and cannot play because cannot see all "buttons". PLEASE FIX. It looks like a delightful game.

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Oct 18, 15 10:18 AM
I also have the problem in the bonus chapter (Castle Gates) when the game almost stops responding. The only thing the works fast is when you click on Menu.

The cursor has been annoying throughout the whole game either showing both the system and the custom cursor or turning into the system cursor on the right side of the screen.

Please fix asap, thank you!

Using a Mac Pro running Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11)

[Post New]by littleone_1 on Oct 18, 15 12:21 PM
pmax7 wrote:iMac
OS X 10.9.5

Trouble-shooting:

Any advice is welcome.

thank you

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Oct 18, 15 12:54 PM
I haven't played a HO game for quite a while now, they have gotten too boring. But, since this one isn't from eipix or elephant games, I decided to try it . I was enjoying it and I'm very close to the end of the main game.

I played a hidden object scene in the Bailey. After I found all of the items, 5 orange pieces appeared. Maybe puzzle pieces ? Nothing happens when I click on them . The hint button tells me there is nothing to do . I leave the HO scene, and the hint button tells me to go to the HO scene.

Has anybody else had this problem ?

I uninstalled and reinstalled .

Looks like I'll have to file this under 'another game I can't finish.'

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 18, 15 1:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game.

It is highly recommended to look at the following help article to ensure that everything is up to date with your video card driver for players that experiencing progression and display issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Adjusting the resolution on the screen may also be helpful. I'll include a help article below:

Screen Resolution

If you are still having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They contain the tools to not only further troubleshoot, but to keep track of and report this to the appropriate team.

bfgBellerophon

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Oct 18, 15 7:38 PM
I cannot get through the gates,(Bonus Chapter). I have my basket of apples and the hint only tells me that there is nothing to do here. According to the strategy guide, I have done everything. I need to find another way into the castle. I am using Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

[Post New]by Duztoff on Oct 18, 15 7:58 PM
Dito on not being able to get through the gates even though I have the apples. For all the good posting it here will do.

Go to: