bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Legends of the Wild West: Golden Hill forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 29, 09 12:03 AM
Welcome to Legends of the Wild West: Golden Hill forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Legends of the Wild West: Golden Hill players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Welcome to Legends of the Wild West: Golden Hill forum

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 29, 09 1:31 AM
I am having trouble with the game playing in full screen mode. When I select it, it fills up about 3/4 of my screen in the left hand corner only. When I change the screen mode it is centered, but it is still on only about 3/4 of my screen. It looks like a great game, but for me this is a real problem. Items are small enough to find, I prefer to play a game that takes up all of my screen. Please help. I have never had this type of problem with any of Big Fish games. Whats up with that?

Edited on 09/29/2009 at 10:41:52 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 29, 09 1:44 AM
Do you have a wide screen? If so, it could be that the game cannot accomodate that.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Sep 29, 09 4:41 AM
I tried to download the trial for Legends of the Wild West: Golden Hill but after it downloaded it will not play...there is a box that pops up saying that the adobe flash player failed to install...did this happen to anyone else?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 29, 09 5:01 AM
Yes I got that Adobe Flash player failed too after install, so I uninstalled the game. I opened Adobe to see if there was an update, there is, v9, but then in my tray was an update notification which I clicked and it installed v8(?) I'm sure I had the latest already. I've got Vista on this laptop and updates happen every time I turn it on.

Reinstalled the game, played demo awhile but stuck on about the 3rd scene, train station. I think someone also posted about this, asked for hint and keeps showing my inventory, neither of which work on anything in this scene, money and key. I think I'm supposed to find a wrench and hammer but hint doesn't show where they are. My time has probably expired or I'd start over with different name and see if that works. Don't know if this has anything to do with Adobe update, but see if you need a later version of Flash player. Good luck.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Sep 29, 09 5:33 AM
I wil do that right now...thank you so much for your help!

[Post New]by venusshines2000 on Sep 29, 09 7:15 AM
Robilyn wrote:I am having trouble with the game playing in full screen mode. When I select it, it fills up about 3/4 of my screen in the left hand corner only. When I change the screen mode it is centered, but it is still on only about 3/4 of my screen. It looks like a great game, but for me this is a real problem. Items are small enough to find, I prefer to play a game that takes up all of my screen. Please help.

Hi Robilyn..You might want to try and adjust your screen resolution to 1024x768..I've had to do this with several games on BF even tho my screen calls for 1400x900. I have had the same issue as you with some other games..that should fix it..I usually just change the resolution before I play..and then when I'm finised with the game..I just switch it back..good luck to you and have a great day!!

[Post New]by feacher on Sep 29, 09 2:25 PM
This game came up full screen for me, however I can only sign my name at the player prompt and could not go any further. It seem as if it was blowed up to big to hit ok or enter, therefore I was unable to play the game.

meeda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by meeda on Sep 29, 09 10:37 PM
expected bfg usual excellence; found way too many glitches the least of which was the adobe player "failure to load" will look forward to the "FIXED" version, but will be slower to buy just from "looking" at the display come on page .

[Post New]by Slonina on Sep 30, 09 9:00 AM
Did NOT care for this game! Boring and the music just keeps repeating over and over. Graphics aren't bad but I uninstalled 20 min into the game.

[Post New]by 3406ron on Sep 30, 09 11:17 AM
Hello
Can anyone tell me how to get through the level where you have to fix the clock

[Post New]by taylormaid on Sep 30, 09 2:18 PM
Robilyn wrote:I am having trouble with the game playing in full screen mode. When I select it, it fills up about 3/4 of my screen in the left hand corner only. When I change the screen mode it is centered, but it is still on only about 3/4 of my screen. It looks like a great game, but for me this is a real problem. Items are small enough to find, I prefer to play a game that takes up all of my screen. Please help. I have never had this type of problem with any of Big Fish games. Whats up with that?

I to am having trouble with 3/4 screen, some things are in the bottom righthand corner and I can't click on whatever it is.
What can we do to fix this??
Taylormaid

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Sep 30, 09 3:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you're having any issues with the game not loading up properly within your screen, then I agree with venusshines2000 that you should go ahead and change your resolution to 1024 x 768. If you need any help changing those settings, you can click here to see an article from our help pages.

For anyone else that is having an issue with their Flash Player, we also have a help page article to correct that issue. To get to that article easily, you can simply click here.

If any of you have further issues though, the best way to get those resolved is to write into our Customer Support team. Please just go ahead and continue past those help articles to contact them from the link on the left side of the page. They'll respond to your help request as quickly as they can and be more than happy to help!

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by agtempe on Oct 6, 09 6:28 AM
Why is it when I click on the hint button, nothing happens.

[Post New]by wranglerpeg on Oct 6, 09 1:55 PM
Hi, My problem with the game is this, I've downloaded the game, tried to play it, it goes to the big fish big screen, and then all I have is a black screen. The time is running, as when I hit the escape button, it shows that time has elapsed. But never got to the game itself. Any ideas as to what to do?? I've updated flash, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still doesn't load up. Thanks for any and all advice.

[Post New]by theald on Oct 15, 09 6:36 PM
why when i go to new scene does my inventory disappear? Am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by bert512 on Nov 25, 09 11:32 PM
I need insructions how to get past a section of the game

[Post New]by duchess78 on Apr 28, 10 8:35 PM
when i get to the train station i cannot get the hint to work so cannot find the hammer and wrench.i have uninstalled the game and re-installed, i have changed the players name. i have done everything and cannot figure out what is wrong. please let me know what to do.

[Post New]by libra_1 on May 3, 10 12:04 AM
having trouble in train station and at the circus tent when clicking on the antique camera nothing happens and a hint doesn't work any suggestions on how to get to the camera i have changed names but eventually it comes back on either one of those screens and i can't continue

floanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by floanne on Jan 15, 11 6:54 AM
I am stuck in the lobby trying to find the correct inventory tool to find the hammer and the wrench

Go to: