bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Hotel Pablo Desk Problem

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 29, 09 2:47 AM
I completed this scene in the Demo. After my purchase, the game started here again. Well, that's OK I thought so I played again. The clerk speaks of fixing the clock. The first time through, I never had to do that even though the clerk mentioned it. I did have to play a minigame by clicking on the key board. I skipped that mini and moved on to the next thing.

Now that I have to replay this scene, I have found all of the objects. That key board is sparkling but this time no mini. it wants me to use an inventory item. I assume this has something to do with fixing the clock. In inventory I have money, an awl, a hammer, a lamp, a clock pendulum (I think that's it). Not one of these items works on the key board nor can I find any other item to pick up. The pendulum (which came from the clock) will not go back in the clock. the clock seems to be missing part of its face but I have not found that. I cannot move on and I cannot skip this inventory problem. The Hint tells me to use an inventory item on that key board. None of them work there. Is this a glitch? Am I missing something? Help!

Edited on 09/29/2009 at 8:10:02 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Hotel Desk Problem

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 29, 09 3:49 AM
I replayed the game under a different name and got past that desk. I found the the following scene was also one I had completed so I have no idea why, upon returning to the game, it started at that desk scene unless it has something to do with skipping that mini. I did play it once. I just chose not to play again after I lost. This time I played that mini, lost it again and elected to quit again. I then went on to play about 3 more scenes. I wonder if when I play next the game will begin at the desk? if so, i will not replay a third time.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Hotel Desk Problem

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 29, 09 4:07 AM
I had a knife in my inventory, and as the game doesn't tell you what the inventory items are, I started with the knife and it worked?? I did not realise that the speech bar at the bottom needed to be used up and found several items were underneath it!! Hope this helps...

Burgy
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Hotel Pablo Desk Problem

[Post New]by Burgy on Sep 29, 09 9:39 AM
keyboard...use knife....which opens "fishing" mini game..catch one certain room number which was given , I believe, in the conversation bar at the bottom of your screen. My room number was "75". Don't know if that's consistent or if it changes, since I only played it once.
Don't think I'll be buying this one. Too buggy..and a bit boring.

Edited on 09/29/2009 at 9:39:58 AM PST

lfburns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lfburns on Sep 29, 09 11:36 AM
Hi,

When you get to the hotel desk the first time, use the knife on the Key Board, play that game or Skip it. Finish picking up the rest of the objects, if any. Do no try to fix the clock. You don't have all the parts. Those will be picked up a little later in the game and it will return you to the hotel lobby. Then you can fix the clock.

I haven't found any bugs in the game so far. Some of the objects are a little hard to see, but thanks to the quick Hints, you can find them.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 29, 09 6:20 PM
Thank you! Some of you did not understand me. When I first got to Hotel Pablo I did find all of the objects and I did play the fishing game. I lost the fishing game and, as I hate that kind of game, chose not to "try again". I also took note of the clerk mentioning that the clock needed to be fixed.

I then went on and played the next two scenes. After that I quit playing and my game supposedly was saved.

Later I returned to the game and instead of starting where I left off, it was back at Hotel Pablo (the first instance, NOT the 2nd). and the key board was sparkling. I clicked on it assuming I would have to play that game again but instead the inventory sparkled. A click on the Hint alerted me that I needed to use an inventory item on that key board. None of the inventory items worked, there was nothing else to do in the scene and I could not advance.

I had to start over from the beginning with a new ID. I completed that Pablo scene and played about 3 or 4 more. I then quit again. When I returned I was able to take up where I left off. Later I returned to the 2nd visit to Pablo and fixed the clock.

In short, the game had a slight glitch at Pablo for some reason even though I had played two scenes beyound that before quitting and supposedly saving the game.

Go to: