A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/19/2015 at 6:41:31 AM PST

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident here

[Post New]by greenshade on Oct 19, 15 4:03 AM
Of all the betas in all of betadom we have a game that I uninstalled the beta within the first 5 minutes.

It took only 2 for me to uninstall the demo..........

This is a VERY old school game trying to be current but in a very bad way.

Not bad enough we hit 2 hidden objects in the first scene but in the 2nd we have to turn the object to fit the silhouette once we find it. tedious at best for me.

Re: inventory items.... we have to DRAG them to place where we want them??????

Oh please..... c'mon!

Usually want to support developers I've never heard of but just can't do it.

This month has been a real money saving month for me.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident here

[Post New]by baglady159 on Oct 19, 15 6:33 AM
I totally agree with greenshade. Very old school. It didn't fill my screen, not even close. I had big black bars on the top and bottom. There is no custom mode, which we have come to expect. I lasted about ten minutes, only because I wanted to give it a chance. But I just couldn't do it.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 19, 15 6:42 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 10/19/2015 at 8:58:40 AM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Oct 19, 15 6:47 AM
Based on completed Beta Test

I got a beta invite for this one and so felt compelled to play it through and send in my thoughts on it.

Unless it has been incredibly improved since the beta, this game has some flaws. It's low budget and so does not have the bells and whistles of the developers with deeper pockets.

The story is completely silly. You fall asleep during a movie, but supposedly wake up in the movie, but you really wake up behind the scenes of the movie so in essence you time traveled to the production set in your sleep? See what I mean? Story silliness galore. The game description says the developers were going for a B-movie atmosphere and so I suppose that explains it. They were not trying to take themselves seriously and so implicitly ask that we do not either.

It might have been just how I set my game options, but I remember little to no instructions and there was a point or two in the beta that I got myself stuck. One was a mini-game I couldn't figure out and the other I had to backtrack around to find what I had missed to be able to move forward. Now, for me, that is a very good sign in a game. When I get stuck and want to hit the hint button but don't because I can't let myself hit the hint button when I know the answer is out there and I just need to try a bit harder or look a little closer, then I can live with story silliness and less than state of the art graphics and game controls.

In the end, I know that this game is far from perfect, but I actually had a bit of fun with it and so bought it with a coupon today to take advantage of bonus punch Monday

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 19, 15 7:25 AM
Bartsister wrote:
In the end, I know that this game is far from perfect, but I actually had a bit of fun with it and so bought it with a coupon today to take advantage of bonus punch Monday

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/19/2015 at 9:34:44 AM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Oct 19, 15 7:27 AM
shelterhill wrote:
Bartsister wrote:

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/19/2015 at 9:40:25 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 19, 15 9:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and remind users of the following guidelines and Forum Rules,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Showing Tonight: Mindhunters Incident.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We really appreciate players taking the time to post their reviews for this particular game. Please keep in mind that this thread is designated for Reviews Only. You are more than welcome to create a new discussion with your questions and concerns.

Thank you for your understanding. Reach out to a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 19, 15 12:00 PM
Hello friends! OMG, where is the exit button...I just couldn't go on with this demo! The colors are very bright and true, which is nice. Game play was very good and fit my large screen very well. Voice overs were very nice, but then I like a good accent. I'm not familiar with this dev, so I don't know if they are new or what. The game seemed very old school, with a hint penalty, and "flat" graphics. The music was quite annoying and I could not wait to turn it completely off!

HOPs were lists and silhouettes and were a little different, but not really in a good way. The turning items to fit a silhouette puzzle was quite boring and nerve racking at the same time. Did not care for this at all. There are HOPs at every turn. Hint system was helpful, but took an unusually long time to recharge.

Just everything about this game made me anxious. The 4 cords of music, the annoying, high pitched ding every time you found an item, the "water" ripples around HOPs and other areas. The game moved quite slowly and was very boring to me. This is a painfully simple game. I'm sorry to say that this is one of the very few where I could not finish out the demo. I try to find something positive in every game I personally don't care for, but I couldn't wait to get out of this one. I'm not even sure this one would appeal to a beginner without a lot of frustration. No, there will be no purchase by me on this one.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 19, 15 1:07 PM
I agree with all the other fishies..........................................boring game way to slow..................................................the hint button in way to slow, The game is way to slow , navigation into scenes way to slow and lastly exit way to slow.

I WOULDN'T EXCEPT THIS GAME FOR FREE
only my opinion (even uninstall way to slow )

woemwoem
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by woemwoem on Oct 19, 15 1:56 PM
Very choppy, silly game! I uninstalled it! Waste of time!

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

So Bad it is Almost Great!

[Post New]by kandinsky on Oct 21, 15 8:33 AM
I do not know if it is intentional but this game has the possibility of being for HOPAs what campy midnight cult films are for the movies. One sits back with perhaps some liquid refreshment and jeers at the plot and interaction of the characters and has a great time.
Intentional or not, and fueled by slivoitz (a spirit local to the developers)in the studio or not... I found it great fun. far more than the imaginatively impoverished games some main studios are tossing out at us.
but also very exasperating with its failed hints system, however now there is a walk through from the developer which we have linked here on the forum and with that all problems would appear to be resolved.
so if is your sort of thing, and you know who you are!, go for it!

[Post New]by phimestudio on Oct 21, 15 11:07 AM

Edited on 10/22/2015 at 2:58:38 PM PST

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

WONDERFUL! ( to phimestudios)

[Post New]by kandinsky on Oct 21, 15 11:39 AM
If I would have been sure it was intentional I would have sent in a five star review instead of the four stars I gave!
Libarce! WONDERFUL!
and slivovitz is the only useful thing to do with plums.
thank you for this relief from the boring stuff the big guys are making!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 22, 15 3:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and one again remind players of the Forum Rules and Review Guidelines when posting, specifically,

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We ask that this thread be specifically for reviews only. Thank you for your understanding. Please note that in order for this thread to continue, the Review Guidelines must be adhered to when posting. Reach out to a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 14, 15 1:40 PM
Trying to find the forum for this game and cannot find a forum. I am stuck on the chess game and the hint button doesn't help. Was wanting to know if anyone else had this problem and how they solved it. Thank you.

Go to: