Anyone having problems with Buku Kakuro?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 29, 09 7:06 AM
I downloaded this game since it is the Deal of the Day and I like playing Buku Sudoku but I've used up almost 1/2 hour and still haven't played the first game. At one point the scroll-over option had all the numbers filled in. But I went back to the instructions and when I came back, the scroll-over does not work, the HELP does not put the combos at the bottom, and changing to PANEL does not work either. I may pass on this one even tho it's $2.99. Too bad because I do like these types of games.

EDIT: My mistake. I tried again and realized that I have to click the PLAY button to actually play the board presented. Sorry.

Edited on 09/29/2009 at 7:25:38 AM PST

Re:Anyone having problems with Buku Kakuro?

[Post New]by TampaSara on Sep 29, 09 8:37 AM
I had a lot of problems also with this rendition of Kakuro. It is very unfriendly. The only way to play the game is with a pencil and paper as it does not allow for conditional numbers in the boxes -- leaving all the decision making off of the board. If I wanted to use a pencil and paper I'd buy a game book at the grocery store. Nice backgrounds do not make a good game or a game good.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 29, 09 10:03 AM
I had to read the instructions several times to understand how to play this game. Instructions are very confusing... at least for me! This is how I have mine set up and it makes it a lot easier than using pencil and paper. On the OPTIONS menu, I have SCROLL-OVER checked. After the game starts, I selected HELP and set AUTO-PENCIL to THOROUGH (may try SIMPLE later to see if it works better) and COMBOS to SHOW POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS. Once back in the game, I can right-click to "scratch-off" a number in the scroll-over box if I see that it will not work. Also, you can scroll over the TOTAL box to see all possible combos at the bottom. I haven't finished the first one in easy mode but this makes it a LOT easier than without help!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Sep 29, 09 10:17 AM
I was hoping it was like world mosaic - and I just downloaded it ... if it is too mathy, I will never get it, lol.

Anyone having problems with Buku Kakuro?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 29, 09 1:51 PM
auntann11 wrote:
TopazMystique wrote:
EDIT: My mistake. I tried again and realized that I have to click the PLAY button to actually play the board presented. Sorry.

Sometimes it's the simplist things that stop us dead in our tracks. Glad you were able to figure it out.

Ain't it the truth (and pardon my English! )

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 29, 09 1:55 PM
Now that I have the OPTIONS and HELP set up, I'm finding that this game is very addictive! Having a blast with it! Probably will never leave EASY mode but sometimes I just need a little brain exercise and this is a great game for it!

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Sep 29, 09 2:33 PM
it was too mathy for me - I will stick to world mosaic - which I still like better than gemsweeper - mostly because that little guy gets on my nerves, and I cant' make gem sweeper in window mode.
Glad you are enjoying it though, topaz. Isn't it nice when you can find a game that fits a particular 'mood' niche??

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 29, 09 5:16 PM
I bought Gemsweeper but have World Mosaics 1 & 2 on my BUY list. I liked it better than the those mosaics games and it plays fine for me in windowed mode. And it is nice to find a game for that special "mood"!

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Sep 29, 09 9:06 PM
Get your moneys worth here....taken me 40minutes and I have played 2 games....at least this game doesnt FREEZE.

[Post New]by wonderwoman4ever on Apr 8, 10 4:55 PM
TopazMystique wrote:I have SCROLL-OVER checked. After the game starts, I selected HELP and set AUTO-PENCIL to THOROUGH (may try SIMPLE later to see if it works better) and COMBOS to SHOW POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS. Once back in the game, I can right-click to "scratch-off" a number in the scroll-over box if I see that it will not work. Also, you can scroll over the TOTAL box to see all possible combos at the bottom.

I bought this game on a cd-rom from a store and it has been sitting in a closet for about a year now. I did not like it. After reading your post, I decided to give it another try. I put in your settings and now I can't stop playing. Thank you so much. I love this game now.

Go to: