Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Ashley Clark: The Secrets of the Ancient Temple here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 20, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 6:31:33 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Ashley Clark: The Secrets of the Ancient Temple here

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 20, 15 2:04 AM
Looks like the second "Ashley Clark" game from these Devs. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but I didn't expect them in a SE. Graphics were fine...a bit dark, but fitting for the story. Voiceovers and music were ok...all conversations were "boxed" with no lip movement. I, personally, prefer "boxed" over "bad". The story description can be found on the game page, of course.

The HOPs in the demo were all were interactive lists, visited a second time to find object silhouettes.

Plenty of mini-games of varying difficulty...some I haven't seen before. There were a couple lacking clear instructions. Probably not a big deal for those who like to figure things out on their own.

Collectible batteries to be found (one in each scene?) that add to available hints. The first one we pick up starts us off with 22 hints. One extra hint for each additional battery found. Not hard to find if you are looking for them. Plus, the Devs give us "a hand" when the cursor passes over them. They work in the HOPs as well as for getting directions, if you don't want to use the map.

There is a jump map that can be used by clicking on the circle with a wind rose, by the hint/battery button. A journal is available for holding clues, etc., although anything needed for solving the mini-games automatically shows up when you need it, once you have found the clue. Four levels of difficulty to choose from.

There were a couple of rather gruesome scenes...no blood and guts, but they might be off-putting for some. There were the usual minor translation errors and lack of logic at times, but I found them easy to ignore.

For me, the gameplay was smooth with no tech issues. There are many items to be picked up along the way, some not so obvious. We use them all within two or three scenes.

The dreaded "choose your conversation" feature shows up. It isn't used excessively, so it was tolerable. I will be one happy gamer when this game trend falls out of fashion.

I found the game to be interesting enough that I will probably pick this one up on a Bonus Punch Day to find out where the story goes...and to play the puzzles/mini-games at my leisure.

Happy gaming, for those who choose to play.

Edited on 10/20/2015 at 2:44:08 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Ashley Clark: The Secrets of the Ancient Temple here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 20, 15 6:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Ashley Clark: The Secrets of the Ancient Temple here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Ashley Clark: The Secrets of the Ancient Temple.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 21, 15 3:57 PM
I almost always read the Reviews' on the game title page, in order to get other members opinions before I play. I always assumed they were genuine reviews by other members, so I was a bit perturbed to note that the first two were very similar (and exactly the same in some respects) .. but by two different contributers.

Was I being naïve to expect honest reviews on this site?
I'd hate to think so. Not when I've purchased games on the strength of them.

Jo

[Post New]by hersheychapman on Oct 24, 15 1:59 PM
I am a big fan of HOG and BF but I have to say this was one of the worst games I have ever played. I found it that it was freezing up on me and slow as though my mouse was sticky. Besides that, I did not enjoy that a great many of the puzzles were seriously lacking in explanation as to what it was that they wanted. I am not one of those people that likes to "struggle through" and figure it out, tell me what you want and I'll do it but don't make me guess, because my interpretation of how the game might go could and did vary from what they actually wanted and I found I skipped alot of puzzles because of this. On the other hand, some of the puzzles were so simple it was ridiculous. There were also alot of things that had to be done in a particular order, not really a big deal but when I can see a puzzle piece, why not let me pick it up? what difference does it make if it sits in my inventory? Anyhow, hated this game and am sorry I bought it :-(, one of my few disappointments after having bought a game, I usually can catch the bad ones in the demo. Thumbs down, I do not recommend this game.

Go to: