[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by fannysp on Jul 5, 17 11:56 PM

Edited on 07/06/2017 at 12:59:22 PM PST

christallh24
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by christallh24 on Jul 6, 17 4:43 AM
I've got a light throbbing or glowing mail icon that won't go away. Did all the usual things but it's still there when I start the game over and over and over, again.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 6, 17 1:07 PM
Hi christallh24,

Let's see what we can do to get this glowing mail icon fixed.

When a game isn't responding -- such as now, when an element can't be removed -- then it's always a good idea to check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. The driver controls how a game's graphics interact with the computer, and if there's an update available, it can often fix the issue. I've included a help page with those instructions below.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

Running the game with administrator permissions can also be useful. This can free up necessary resources so the game will operate more smoothly. The help page below contains further instructions.

Run as Administrator (Computer)

If those steps don't resolve the trouble with the icon, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team and include your Friend Code> with your inquiry. They'll be the best equipped to provide more assistance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by junegsykes on Jul 6, 17 11:57 PM

Edited on 07/08/2017 at 10:17:59 AM PST

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jul 7, 17 7:43 AM
Just bought 20.00 dollars worth of diamonds to play the puzzle game did not give me the squirrels egg(5000) or any of the prizes I won AGAIN!!! This game seems to have some issues......not happy

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jul 8, 17 10:20 AM
Hi rolldedice,

I'm sorry to hear the game didn't issue the rewards that were earned. To rectify this, I'd recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team. They're equipped with both the tools and the expertise to investigate what happened further. Please include your Friend Code> with your inquiry.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding. Should any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator. We're always happy to listen and to assist as best we can.

bfgBeruna

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jul 8, 17 12:47 PM
christallh24 wrote:I've got a light throbbing or glowing mail icon that won't go away. Did all the usual things but it's still there when I start the game over and over and over, again.

Take a look down the left side of your social page.
You may have a new friend invitation.

frineds and rooms

[Post New]by Vardia on Jul 8, 17 1:54 PM

I can only gift to the random friends that are on my first page. I do have other friends that are able to gift, but I am not able to gift them back, and I do know that they do keep things in their wishlist for people to gift back with. Also I am not able to access anyone else's room. It has been like this since I did the last update this month. I have done all the troubleshooting steps as provided, even uninstalled and reinstalled again and this did not work. My friend id is 379635. I am using a PC

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jul 9, 17 8:24 PM
One of my friends disappeared from the friends list but their private room remained available. I closed the game and they reappeared on the friends list only to disappear again about 30 minutes later. They reappeared only after reopening the game for the third time. It is always the same game.

ID 665523.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 10, 17 12:41 PM
Hello Vardia and mdpetdoc,

Thank you both for your patience and for reporting issues being encountered while playing the PC version of Midnight Castle. It sounds like there are some issues being reported with gifting other friends or visiting their private rooms, as well as how those friends in the game are displayed. This sounds like it has to do with a previous issue where players have been asked to make changes to both their personal wish lists and private rooms, so that other players may access them.

The first thing I recommend in this scenario is waiting a few days for other players on that friend's list to make those appropriate changes to their wish list and private rooms as this is the only way their wish lists and private rooms can be interacted with. If a player has not yet performed those actions, their private room will be unavailable and their wish list will not be able to be gifted to.

As a reiteration, players were asked to make changes to their personal private rooms and wish lists. This allows other players to access those, but does not necessarily make it possible for you to visit their wish list or private room in return. Those players also must make changes to those two parts of their profile before they are available for the social aspects of the game again. If a player is unable to access a friend's list or room, it's likely due to that friend having not taken these actions yet.

As for the display issue being seen mdpetdoc, I'm unsure why that particular friend is disappearing and reappearing. If this particular friend's entry in the game continues to do this, I recommend contacting our Support Team using the steps in my next post with some screenshots and a description of what you are experiencing. Our Reps will be sure to follow up and provide those details to the right teams for further investigation.

susiewastaken, thank you for taking the time to provide christallh24 that tip as well. That definitely might clear up that icon that isn't going away, and I hope it's just a new friend invitation that needs to be accepted or declined and not a technical issue. That said, christallh24, if you are still seeing trouble with that icon even after trying all these suggestions, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 10, 17 12:41 PM
If those suggestions don't seem to work, or if a player needs further assistance with their game or progress, do not hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what is happening. Our Reps will get back in touch as soon as possible to assist further with the tools they have available.

Just in case it's helpful, the following page contains steps for retrieving an in-game Friend Code for Midnight Castle:

What is my Friend Code?

If you are unable to retrieve your Friend Code, still be sure to contact our Support Team with as much detail about the situation as possible. Thanks in advance for your patience while working with our teams.

Thank you all as well for your time and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Jul 10, 17 8:08 PM
I sent airship once and was going to click to see how long until next one and I can't click on it. Nothing happens.

[Post New]by MegaOmaAussie on Jul 11, 17 2:55 AM
Hi, I seem to have a problem with the game shutting down sometimes when I go into my, or my friends rooms to collect the shards. It's happened at least 5 times in the last week which can be quite frustrating especially when I have been playing for hours and all that work was not saved. Having to collect over 30 of an item to pack for the ship and be 3 off when it shuts down and lose them all makes me want to give up. I am using an old ipad2 but that shouldn't make any difference should it? I do hope you can fix this as I love playing.
On ya
Mega Oma Aussie

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 11, 17 8:48 AM
Hi Howdah and MegaOmaAussie,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what technical issues are being experienced. We want to help get you back to playing your game.

Howdah, since it sounds like certain items don't want to respond after clicking on it, please try to run the game as an administrator. By doing this, it will help allow the game to obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below with these steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID. The Support Team can help look into this for you. Just in case it's needed, I'll include how to obtain your player ID before:

What is an in-game ID?

MegaOmaAussie, I'm sorry to hear that your game continues to shut down and progress isn't saved. It may be helpful to look at the following help page for troubleshooting steps:

iOS Midnight Castle

In regards to loss progress, the Midnight Castle Support Team can help look into this for you. Please provide details of what has been lost as well as your player ID.

Since you are on an iOS device MegaOmaAussie, please note that this thread is specifically for the PC platform. I'll include a link to the designated iOS thread below:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Jul 12, 17 4:00 AM
Hi, Mods! My game has failed to save several times over the last few days, resulting in the loss of game progress, gifts, coins, etc. The odd part of this is that sometimes not all progress of a session is lost: apparently the game saves at some point during play. This first started happening on July 10, and has occurred at least three times since then. (Windows did an automatic update last night, but the problem has occurred both before and after that update.) I have taken to leaving the game open for up to half an hour without playing, hoping it will save, which seems to work, but is a pain in the neck. Anything else I can do? Thank you!

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Jul 12, 17 10:17 AM
Hey bfg!

About half the times I exit out of a game, it freezes and does not exit all the way to the bfg manager. Just now it did this but I waited a few minutes and it exited to bfg. Sometimes waiting a few minutes does not help. I have to sign out of windows if I want to reload my game.

The game also freezes at the BF logo when I am loading. I cannot get to my taskbar from the windows key on my keyboard so have to ctrl alt del and select sign out as my cursor will not work after selecting task manager.

Whassup with that?

datsalotta / piesy

Edited on 07/12/2017 at 11:07:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Mulder99 on Jul 12, 17 12:49 PM
Game crashes (frequently) and I lose game progress.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 12, 17 1:29 PM
Hello LillieCat55, datsalotta, and Mulder99,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues that have occurred in the PC version of Midnight Castle. We definitely want players to be able to pick up from where they last played and also to be able to play without crashing or freezing, so I wanted to swim by to provide some suggestions as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance become necessary.

LillieCat55, I'm sorry to hear that the game doesn't appear to be noting your progress as it should be. We definitely don't want players to have to wait for an inordinate amount of time to ensure their progress is saved, although this is an effective method to ensure that your current progress was saved to the server.

What I want to recommend is seeing if providing the game further permissions is able to help get the game to save that progress more effectively and quickly as sometimes this can help when there's some trouble with the game communicating save states to our server. If you'd like to try these steps, please see the following guide:

Run Game as Administrator

datsalotta and Mulder99, since it sounds like the game is crashing or freezing, what I recommend is seeing if the steps on the following page can help quickly resolve that issue:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)

For players that try those suggested steps and are unable to resolve the issue they are experiencing, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Jul 12, 17 2:49 PM
Thank you, bfgIlinalta, for the quick response and the advice. I did as you suggested, (run as administrator) then went back into the game, made a few quick changes and exited immediately. The game saved the changes, so perhaps this is all it took. Thanks again!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 12, 17 5:34 PM
Hello again LillieCat55,

Thank you for writing back to let us know that was able to help, at least in that one test. That's awesome news, and I hope that your progress continues to be saved from this point forward now.

Also, just in case, we definitely want to make sure that a player doesn't miss out on their progress, so if you see a loss of progress, do not hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what occurred and what was lost. Our Reps will be sure to follow up to help with the tools they have available.

Thank you so much for your patience, and I wish you happy gaming! Don't hesitate to contact any of the active Moderators should there be further questions about the game or the forums in general. We're all glad to be able to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: