bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 1, 09 12:03 AM
The puppet show in Joyville was once a wondrous attraction until the great fire. Now, rusted gears and dark mysteries lay within strange machinations and disheveled puppets. A young boy, Simon, is the most recent in a long line of missing people. In PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville, you are tasked with solving nefarious puzzles, finding hidden clues, and uncovering the dark secrets of a town that is anything but joyful. WARNING: May contain disturbing imagery and themes.

Charkbite
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™

[Post New]by Charkbite on Oct 1, 09 12:22 AM
I can't play, I keep getting an error message

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Oct 1, 09 12:34 AM
I am also getting an error when I try to play. The "Error: Access code violation" box pops up, and I can't even get the game to start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but that hasn't seemed to help. All of my drivers are up to date and I can't think of anything else that would cause the error. I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone else has this problem, too!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 1, 09 12:44 AM
Hi,
Mine is playing fine. When I read your posts thought I'd better have a look. I have Vista. Looks to be a great game, so hope you can sort your error messages out.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 1, 09 12:52 AM
I just wanted to say thank you big Fish, this game is the best game since Return to Ravenhurst. It is awesome.

[Post New]by MystikalRose on Oct 1, 09 1:15 AM
I am getting the same error code message also on my Vista machine and XP machine. So I am awaiting an answer also before I buy the full version.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Oct 1, 09 1:17 AM
A successor to Ravenhearst,brilliant game !!! Objects not too hard to find,hint refills
quite quickly,and mini-games seem to be skippable.Wonderful spooky graphics.
Tried demo for half an hour before deciding to buy !
I have Vista and encountered no problems downloading demo.

Edited on 10/01/2009 at 1:46:05 AM PST

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Oct 1, 09 1:40 AM
Have played game for 20 minutes now with no problems (I have Vista) and will definitely be buying this one. Graphics are great and hidden objects aren't impossible to find. It reminds me of Return to Ravenhearst as well. Thanks Big Fish.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 1, 09 1:47 AM
Error message:

"Access violation at 0x00562458 (tried to read from 0x0000068), program terminated"

I have already seen "The Terminator" - Schwarzenegger plays very good...

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 1, 09 1:55 AM
whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa me to error, i was so hyped for this game

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville & trade;

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 1, 09 1:59 AM
Great Game! I like it so much I decided to buy it. I quit playing before the hour ran out and clicked the BUY button. After a few seconds I got the "Access Error" message. When that closed, I looked in the Game Manager to press the BUY button there but the game was not listed! I didn't give up! I went to the Download page and clicked the BUY button. I was told that I already owned it! it said if I need to DL it again I should go to my "Purchase History". The game is not in that list. There is an icon for the game on my desktop but it is not in my Game Manager (very odd!). I played most of the Demo. I have no evidence that I paid for this game even though it seems to think I have.

I have never encountered this odd situation. i will wait and try again later. After a while I may either be able to buy the game or find that I do, indeed, own it. If neither of those occurs, I will DL it again.

EDIT: Another bit of oddness - Note that the Thread Title is different on my reply! Yes, this is most definitely October! Spooky game,weird DL and pay and even a quirky Thread error!

Edited on 10/01/2009 at 2:02:21 AM PST

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Oct 1, 09 2:00 AM
No errors so far (fingers crossed, touch wood) and I have XP.

Looks like a fantastic game. I'm going slow, trying not to use hints, as I know I'm going to buy this one.

Dreading next month's credit card statement, as we've had so many great games lately!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 1, 09 2:01 AM
The reason for "access violation error" can be save files from the beta build you played on your pc. You can go to:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\ERS G-Studio and delete Puppet Show folder. Than start the game again. I did it and it helped

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Oct 1, 09 2:06 AM
I have XP and it runs just fine, no errors and no problems.

Looks great.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Oct 1, 09 2:08 AM
Had no problems downloading have vista played for 20 mins and liked it already, will play the rest later if it still good most likely buy this one.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Oct 1, 09 2:15 AM
I am totally jammed at the door gears. Stopped completely. Ugh, I hate when games ice up. Seems like this one needs a little more debugging. Think I will wait a few days to make the buy decision.

Edited on 10/01/2009 at 2:20:30 AM PST

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Oct 1, 09 2:42 AM
oh my goodness another great game from i willbuy this one all i done latly is buy buy buy lol the games have been so good and this one is as you all say like rtr keep them comeing we them and this looks like a long play also replayable like thr ravenhusrts and madam fate and many more to you all besstan

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Oct 1, 09 3:07 AM
Hi All!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have a walkthrough for PuppetShow:Mystery of Joyville on the BFG blog. You can access it by copying and pasting the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/puppetshow-mystery-of-joyville-walkthrough

Thanks,

Margie B

Edited on 10/01/2009 at 3:10:26 AM PST

JJ99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JJ99 on Oct 1, 09 3:58 AM
I'm getting the "access violation error" too!!

I uninstalled both the beta version and this version and deleted everything on the computer I could find with Puppet Show in the name (thanks for the tip zorroback2). Then I downloaded the game again and lo and behold - "access violation error".

Very upsetting as everyone who is able to play the game seems to love it! Has anyone else got any suggestions?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 1, 09 4:11 AM
I didn't Beta test this game but I still got the error. No, I haven't forgotten the Beta. I have not tested anything but Faunasphere since about 2004!

It has finally showed in my GM and I do own it!

Edited on 10/01/2009 at 4:13:53 AM PST

Go to: