SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

*Spoiler Alert* Assorted Puzzle Solutions

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 7:49 PM
I'm very late to this game, but did figure out the puzzles - that was the most challenging part of playing the adventure mode to me but I quite enjoyed having the extra "strategy" element included in the game.

General puzzle tips:

-Often it's not possible to do the entire puzzle at one time because you need to put a few pieces into the puzzle to get a key or two for the M3 board before the requisite areas will unlock so you can get the rest of the puzzle items.

-Mouse over the puzzle scene to see if the cursor changes to a spinning gears shape. That's a tip-off to place objects there or click on something.

-The HO scenes can contain items you need to find for the puzzles. Also look for any green or blue glow in a HO scene because that indicates a bonus hidden mana bottle for the M3 board.

-It's possible to have the tile counter read zero in the M3 board and the level not completing. This is because you need to solve or skip the puzzles available (check the sidebar on the left for available puzzles or HO scenes left).

-Depending on what mode you're playing or how much you do in the levels (?) the puzzles appear at different levels, particularly after you've gone along a couple dozen levels.

The following posts are solutions for various puzzles. If you're stuck elsewhere feel free to post.

Edited on 10/21/2015 at 7:53:06 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:*Spoiler Alert* Assorted Puzzle Solutions

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 7:52 PM
Lighthouse rope and key puzzle:

You need the rope and grappling hook (I think you find these in 2 different HO scenes). When you're in the lighthouse scene, click on either the rope or the hook so you get a + sign on the cursor. Then click on the other item so the two combine. Then click near the red key.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 7:55 PM
Treasure chest on the beach scene (the first time I did this, I think I did try to "dig up the whole beach" ROTFL )

Click on the treasure map to get it out of the way. Then pick up the shovel and mouse over the sand in about the location of where the X was on the treasure map until the cursor changes to the spinning gears one. Where the cursor changes, click there with the shovel and the treasure chest should appear. Then use the crowbar on the lock.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:02 PM
Broken plate puzzle (if I'm so "clumsy that I spill glue all over the carpet", how do I still have 6 glue pots left LOL )

The pieces you need to use the glue on are mostly on the outside edges of the puzzle. The pieces of the shattered plate more in the middle is the unfinished plate waiting for pieces. Pick up the glue and click onto a plate piece somewhere not in the middle of the scene. If you got it correct, a line of glue appears on the plate piece. Then drag a plate piece from your collection on the left that fits that piece in the scene. If it fits, the two will join and the larger piece will slide off the screen back into the spot on the left and "gray out". Glue and join 6 pairs of pieces, then drag the larger pieces from the grayed out circles back into the puzzle where they fit into the broken plate in the center.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:08 PM
Spinning wheel puzzle:

The two small L shaped pieces go into the thing on the left at the empty slots and the two small wooden peg-like pieces need to be combined together first to form a crank, then the crank goes onto the left side of the item you placed the 2 L shaped pieces into (aim for a pin or peg like object on the side of the item to position the crank). To assemble the spinning wheel part, look for the 2 large uprights pieces with pegs on them and match up the pegs with the holes on the spinning wheel platform. There's a small piece with tiny uprights that goes onto the left side of the wheel, on top of a little platform. Then the wheel piece needs to be put in - aim for the gap in the uprights on the right side (look for a little peg in the uprights to center the wheel upon). Finally, the lower flat part can be assembled on the right side just under the wheel.

[update]: Upon a replay I noticed this puzzle takes at least two levels to complete because it takes that long to find all the pieces needed.

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 10:47:07 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:12 PM
Getting the caterpillar silk flying machine to fly (Thank you Aphrala for the tip on how to charge the crystal - that was the only thing I had to check the forum on earlier to solve this one!)

If you number the levers on the front row from left to right 1, 2, 3, 4, click on the levers in the order 3, 4, 2, 1 to charge the crystal. Then use the sledgehammer on the wooden thingy in front of the flying machine to push it down. Then the machine will take off.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:18 PM
Lighting up the crystal room puzzle:

Click on the 2 levers that have keys hanging on them so you can unlock 2 M3 scroll arrows. Then go back to the M3 board for the ropes. The first 3 ropes aren't hard to get. The 4th rope is off in a "locked" section of a room in a puzzle piece that's floating in the air with some wood boxes holding it up. Either find a mana bottle somewhere, charge your spells and use either the bomb or bog blaster spells to break out the wood boxes, or use the wizard that removes wood boxes to get rid of the boxes until the puzzle piece falls all the way down. Then go back to the crystal room and tie down all 4 levers. Go back to the M3 board and play until you get a HO scene piece. Play the HO scene for the large crystal. Put the large crystal onto the large stand in the crystal room. Then mouse over the gears until the cursor changes and click on the gears until enough of the crystals light up where there is a light beam pointing at the back of the room. Put the mirror in the path of the light beam on the table. Spin the gears some more until all the crystals are lit.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:24 PM
Final puzzle (getting Luna's balloon repaired):

This takes at least 2 levels to complete. You first need to find the missing sandbags to attach to the basket, the kerosene, and a lighter. After attaching all the sandbags, put the kerosene in the holder below the balloon and use the lighter to light the kerosene. You then need to find an unlit torch and a gunpowder barrel. Put the gunpowder into the cannon first, then pick up the torch and light it by moving it over the flame in the balloon. Then move the lit torch to the back of the cannon to light it and wait a bit for the cannon to go off. The birds will fly away and then you can put the balloon fabric pieces on over the scratches.

Edited on 11/11/2015 at 1:01:17 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:33 PM
Catching the crab puzzle:

You need to do the "catch fish" scene with the fishing net first so you get a full bucket of fish. Then put the bucket of fish into the cage. The crab will walk into the cage. Go back to the M3 board and play until you get a gate piece (you should have already found a padlock earlier). Put the gate onto the front of the cage and install the padlock.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 8:54 PM
Repairing the watermill:

I think you have to assemble a piece or two into the wheel first. Then use the rake to scrape off all the green "seaweed" on various parts of the wheel. Then it will let you put the final wooden pieces into the wheel to fix it.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 21, 15 9:03 PM
Beating the creepy critters puzzles -

Piles of snakes in the flying machine room: You need a stick, cloth, matches, and the magic dust. Combine the stick and cloth first to make an unlit torch. Then "add" the matches to light the torch, then add the magic dust. Then you can use the magic torch to click on all the snakes.

Giant spider on windmill: This is easiest solved by clicking on the web the spider is sitting on first, but you still have to click pretty fast to clear out all the webs.

Edited on 11/02/2015 at 8:02:59 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 9, 15 8:18 AM
Repairing the broken lighthouse window and light bulb:

You need to find the matches, firecrackers (they are called "petards" in the game), the light bulb which looks like a grenade, and gloves. Combine the matches and firecrackers first, then put the lit firecrackers into the scene and wait for the birds to fly away after the firecrackers explode. Then you should be able to pick up the gloves and click on all the glass shards in the broken windows. Finally place the light bulb onto the stand inside the lighthouse.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 9, 15 8:24 AM
Repairing the boiler:

This is one of the first puzzles you have to go back and forth between the M3 boards and HO scenes in order to get all the parts needed and it takes more than one level to get everything. You start by finding the assorted boiler parts in HOS in the level prior to actually getting the boiler puzzle. When you can get the boiler puzzle scene, snap all the boiler parts into place. The knobs go onto the boiler itself on the color coded screws. Then go back and play the M3 board until you get coal and matches. Put the coal into the boiler and use the matches to light it. I think you get a key for the M3 board at this point which unlocks another section of the M3 board. Go back and play until you get the gloves. Use the gloves to turn the red knob on the boiler to shut off the leaking steam.

Edited on 01/31/2016 at 6:25:32 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 9, 15 8:29 AM
Building the bridge to the lighthouse scene:

You need the rocks, bucket of sand with water, trowel, and a pile of wood planks which you'll get from either the M3 board or HO scenes. Combine the rocks, sand, and trowel and the bridge form should appear on the left. Drag the bridge into the spot over the little inlet leading to the lighthouse and it will snap into place. Then pick up the wood planks and click on the bridge form to complete the bridge.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 9, 15 8:32 AM
If you need more help I've found the developer has an official JM website with a walkthrough for the game. Can't post the URL here but it should come up on Google.

Go to: