bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville technical issues

[Post New]by bfgBering on Oct 1, 09 9:20 AM
Most technical problems with our games are resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we will do our best to help in the forums, the best way to get technical issues resolved is through our Help pages.

Happy gaming !

Re:PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville technical issues

[Post New]by ppowell on Oct 3, 09 7:44 AM
I really like the game and especially the graphics. My problem is that I can't figure how to get out of the 1st two rooms. I found all the hidden objects, checked out all the sparkles, unlocked the chest and all I seem to do is go bac and forth between the 2 rooms. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by Mountaindog on Oct 3, 09 12:53 PM
After you are done in the hotel lobby and the next room, picked up all the needed items and are done there, you need to go back out to the street and go to the house across the street. There are single sparkles to let you know where you need to go if you haven't already visited there. There are times you need to re-visit an area. Hope this helps. THE GAME IS WONDERFUL! Mountaindog.

[Post New]by frankie035 on Oct 3, 09 1:01 PM
I scraped some shingles off of the shed, did I miss something?

[Post New]by Mountaindog on Oct 3, 09 3:44 PM
I don't remember that they had anything to do with anything--If I remember correctly, I couldn't pick them up or do anything else with them--just keep going. If you miss something, it will tell you what you need to do. For instance, if you try to leave a "room" and you aren't finished with everything, it will give you hints. Hope this helps!

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Oct 3, 09 4:34 PM
ppowell wrote:I really like the game and especially the graphics. My problem is that I can't figure how to get out of the 1st two rooms. I found all the hidden objects, checked out all the sparkles, unlocked the chest and all I seem to do is go bac and forth between the 2 rooms. What am I doing wrong?
Did you put arm on the puppet by the piano?

[Post New]by litlwhiskey on Oct 3, 09 6:33 PM
I cannot get out of the masters house, I have gone back and forth between the two rooms, found the punchcard, opened the door to the bedroom, and it still wont let me leave the backyard of the masters house. I have the ropeladder, the glass container and the punchcard in my tools. What am I missing?

[Post New]by Krizzy1_ on Oct 3, 09 6:43 PM
I really enjoyed this game its just a shame its not longer.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Oct 4, 09 8:40 AM
I am at the end where Simon is released and I have gotten off the roof but can't get out to the Grotto. Tried all your walk-thru hints and know it is the end but would love to finish it. It is a great game, really loved it.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Oct 4, 09 2:17 PM
I did find it. Great game

[Post New]by emrldj on Oct 4, 09 3:24 PM
I also have Vista. Loving the game. I have run into a snag though. It will not let me click on the barrel in the backyard so I can get the red rune. Needless to say, without that, i cannot move forward in the game. Anyone else have this little prob?

WhipFish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by WhipFish on Oct 4, 09 3:45 PM
emerld: the red rune is on the upper left corner of the window in the drapes if I remember correctly. I NEVER would have found it without using the walkthrough and I think that was the first one that sent me looking for a walkthrough

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Oct 5, 09 5:03 AM
I played the game twice to finish -- about halfway through my second session the game started moving very slowly. I'd click and it would take several moments to move on. I was able to finish, and had no other technical problems, but I think I'll delete the game for now in case it's creating some kind of lag.

Mike4463
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mike4463 on Oct 5, 09 11:54 AM
I can't find the red ruin, and just keep going back and forth- once you have missed picking it up are you done for ???

[Post New]by BooZinn on Oct 5, 09 12:08 PM
I have had problems with the game slowing and movements becoming jerky. I really like the game and would like to continue but getting through with the game freezing and slowing is almost impossible. Any advice ?

[Post New]by adammcclenney on Oct 6, 09 12:12 PM
I am in the house where there is a punchcard machine... I have punched the card, but the machine still sparkles along with the bookcase and the game won't let me go any farther, can anyone help me?

dw6t
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dw6t on Oct 6, 09 12:35 PM
this is about return to ravenherst i need help im stuck trying to turn on all the lights in a celler help

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Oct 6, 09 1:26 PM

This game keeps giving me the message: The saved game file was corrupted. Please create a new profile.

I have replayed it twice from the beginning, but am getting really frustrated and don't think I will be able to play it from the beginning again! Great game! Wish I could have played. it.

Anyone else having this problem?

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Oct 6, 09 2:37 PM
Hi LostForever.
Yes I'm having the same problem..I find the items without looking at the lists now !!
I too wish I could have played it.
I might try again when I've forgotten where everything is !

I've found a similar game on another site.It's called "The Conjuror" and it's very good.Hope BigFish gets it.

lostforever.I have a link which may help,do you want it ?

Edited on 10/07/2009 at 11:43:02 AM PST

[Post New]by toomanyhorses_65 on Oct 9, 09 5:32 PM
My mouse will not show up in the second room, I clicked all over and it finally let me into the fireplace. I cannot get out of the room or find anything else I am supposed to have. I have not bought the game yet and if I can't move on I won't. Looks like a cool game, shame if I can't play.

Go to: