Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 22, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/22/2015 at 5:47:04 AM PST

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by oasis53 on Oct 22, 15 2:55 AM
I can not get it to download

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 22, 15 3:13 AM
I cannot get the game to play. I enter my name and click ok and i bunch of program language pops up had to force quit the game. Anyone have any issue like this one????

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 22, 15 5:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

vanwyck
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by vanwyck on Oct 22, 15 8:04 AM
I am having the same issue as Kayen59. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the same issue. Program code appears and after I enter my name, it just freezes. I rarely have issues downloading with BF Games.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 22, 15 9:00 AM
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having some issues with this game.

Kayden59 and vanwyck, we've gone ahead and looked into the issue that you are experiencing with a program code appearing. If you could please create a username WITHOUT the letter "T" in it, you should be able to access the game. An example would be the word 'puppy' instead of 'kitty'. At the moment the Big Fish Games team is working on this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Once we hear of any additional information, we will update the forums.

oasis53, the following help article may contain hints regarding the issue you are experiencing:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you find that you are still having issues, please contat our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help to further troubleshoot.

bfgBellerophon

vanwyck
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by vanwyck on Oct 22, 15 9:11 AM
I'm in. In my toolbar on my home page, 2 images appear - one a blue circle and one a black rectangle with a small blue circle. If I click on the bigger blue circle, I got in.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Oct 22, 15 10:36 AM
And yet another problem game so a no buy. Got the film reel from the statue but can't get back to the projector to use it so can't go on. Tried it with 2 different profiles and same problem. What good are beta games if they can't get the final one right. : (

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Oct 22, 15 6:26 PM
I am just wandering why the scenes in this game take an eternity to load, It's a good game but it is very slow. I have Windows 8.1on a 64 bit computer. Can anyone let me know if they are having this problem?

[Post New]by MiniHooves on Oct 24, 15 2:23 PM
Downloaded demo with no problem. Played demo and loved it. Purchased and now it won't download. I've checked my Norton Firewall, and all the other steps you suggest for downloading problems. NO LUCK.

I did just send an trouble report with a Dr. Felix zip file on it.

This is REALLY getting old Big Fish - with games not working or not loading after purchase. I've been with you since 2006 and only recently having problems with games after purchasing.

Thanks.
Sally .

[Post New]by NancySusan on Oct 25, 15 5:17 AM
I had no trouble downloading or playing except for the map, which refuses to budge half the time and I have to fool around with my cursor, trying to tempt it to move up (i.e., activate), so that I can click on it to open it. Since I do use the map a lot, and this map is nice, with info. as to not only active areas but also whether you've found all the morphing objects and collectibles in the scene, it's pretty useful. It would be nice if this were checked out and fixed.

[Post New]by Huey41Blackcat on Oct 25, 15 2:06 PM
Got to the main hall in the theater and cannot use fan blade on fan. Scene will not zoom. Hint button flags the table, but still will not zoom. Cannot proceed. Windows 10 64bit w/ NVidia vid card.

Edited on 10/25/2015 at 2:14:33 PM PST

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Oct 25, 15 2:45 PM
This game froze on me twice, once in the main game, which I exited and played later, and then again in the bonus chapter, which I exited again, and now I have to start the game from the beginning!!!!
What is it, with Fear for Sale games? I like them but encounter these problems every time I buy one.
I really don't see the need to get Dr Felix involved, because Im always told to update my drivers, but they are updated, and I don't have problems with other games.
This really isn't good enough, I do not pay my subscription every month to purchase duff games that haven't been tested properly!

Doll Puzzle

[Post New]by Braves1lady on Oct 26, 15 7:07 AM
I have played the game twice and the chest below the dolls will not open even though I used the guide to be sure I got the shapes on the right dolls. Please help.

[Post New]by ziggy007 on Oct 26, 15 12:18 PM
Having trouble inbetween the school yard and street help button is no help

[Post New]by oldred13 on Oct 27, 15 9:53 AM
Have the same exact problem as "ziggy"....cannot go on, because I have no wire to open the machine in the school yard. WOW, looks like this game is full of bugs...what a shame...was such a good game too.
P.S. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit....and everything is up to date! No problems playing anything else. This game needs a complete redo.

[Post New]by mcleansd on Oct 28, 15 10:33 AM
PLease let me know what the fix is for not getting the wire and being totally stuck. Frustrated!!!!!

[Post New]by darrenpaulson on Oct 28, 15 6:24 PM
Same issue as other people -- cannot get back to the mailboxes in order to get wire. Keeps wanting to move me (arrow) into schoolyard and will not allow me to click on mailboxes.

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Oct 29, 15 12:55 AM
And me...no wire, no solution.Frustrating!

valjoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by valjoy on Oct 29, 15 1:51 AM
As has been said, the only solution to the missing wire seems to be to do the game again with a new profile and make sure you take the wire as soon as you open the post box, before opening the gate. But it's a bad glitch, BF!

Go to: