bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

Blog walkthrough and strategy guide are now available for PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville!

[Post New]by bfgBering on Oct 1, 09 9:21 AM
Hi Fishies!

Just wanted to pop by and let you all know there is a blog walkthrough and a strategy guide available for PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville!

You can get to them by clicking below.

PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville walkthrough

PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville strategy guide

Happy gaming !

Edited on 09/01/2012 at 2:39:47 AM PST

Re:Blog walkthrough and strategy guide are now available for PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville!

[Post New]by Sansspina on Apr 24, 11 6:17 PM
This may work very well for the PC version of the game, and the detail on the walkthrough would be invaluable if it were not for one small problem: the IPad version is so abbreviated, and has so much missing from it that it is like a separate game entirely!

I wouldn't have minded so much but I wasted an entire afternoon going back and forth from game to walkthrough over and over again for parts of a game that simply don't exist, all the while convinced that I had made some major error, etc. It was only a stray thought and a very chance bit of info from another site that led me to an entire list of areas that are omitted in this version!

C'mon! If it's not there, if it's somehow different, at least have the courtesy to tell purchasers in advance, so we can set aside time for the massive headache that this has given me!

Re:Blog walkthrough and strategy guide are now available for PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville!

[Post New]by hummelspilut on May 14, 11 5:10 PM
I too am using an I pad. There is not a stained glass window in the puppet room behind the stage nor is the door in the hall available to go to the furnace room. The red rune is in the puppet's mouth instead of a puzzle piece that apparently is needed later. The walkthrough is nothing like what is on the screen. It is very frustrating. No strategy piece will change that.

[Post New]by sharon_leslie on May 16, 11 7:19 PM
From reading these posts, why would anyone pay anything! For a walkthrough or strategy guide that are not written for the iPad. If BF is going to market games redesigned, and edited, for the iPad then they should make sure that all the necessary bits to play on the iPad are available. Not just in the game itself but the walkthrough too. I'm now beginning to think that BF just took my money for several games which are now unable to be continued since a necessary item or place isn't there as it should be. What is going on here? Buy an expensive game, then find out it's abridged, and that clues and items aren't there or don't work? This is no way to keep players happy. I have at least five BF games that cant go further because it now appears that something is missing, and the hours I've spent trying to find a way to continue have been wasted. What can you do with a key when the love is missing, as it were. bF, do a better job for your iPad/iPhone customers! No more BF games until the iFamily devices are supported, not better, but supported at all!

[Post New]by ness49 on Jun 12, 11 12:18 PM
Quite agree. As new owner of an ipad2 and having been encouraged to try these games by my children, I find it most disheartening and frustrating. Back to solitaire I think!!!

[Post New]by Cyberant on Jun 21, 11 4:41 AM
I have downloaded this game to play on my iPod touch and I am extremely disappointed that I have paid money to be able to play the game to the end only to find that according to what I am reading here it is not possible to finish because bits are missing from the iPad iPod iPhone version. Why has no one from bf addressed this issue!!?? Very Very Very Frustrated!!
Is bf going to help us and fix this probelm?

Edited on 06/21/2011 at 4:43:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Cyberant on Jul 1, 11 6:13 PM
HI everyone,
Just a quick update! I have finished this game on my old iPod touch thanks to talking to Alex a moderator at bf. Apparently you ignore the bits that are missing and go on to the ones that are there. ie ignore:
• No boiler room scene
• No generator puzzle
• No door number puzzle in theater
• No stained glass puzzle in puppet workshop
• Puppet's mouth gives red rune & no letter key
• No barrel with hidden object scene
• Punch card is found behind slider/mask puzzle in bedroom and is already punched & ready to use
• No machine in desk drawer to punch at the card & no number keys found to use in said machine
• Acid bottle under blanket in bedroom is found already full
• No need to fill empty bottle later
• No hidden object scene in daughter's bedroom
• No rope ladder to create (so, you won't need to find the items for it)
• No dungeon
• No puzzle in prison scene
• No key found here
• No hidden object scene in the grotto
• You'll neither find nor need the blow torch
• No floor grate puzzle in laboratory
Mind you it would have been nice if someone had made a note for us on the walk through to let people know these differences.
Great game and have enjoyed playing it to the end!!
Happy now

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 6:14:07 PM PST

[Post New]by mstormy on Nov 22, 11 5:46 PM
Thank you cyberant. I was doing just that, lov my iPad and love these games!
Msstormy

[Post New]by Melodyann81 on Feb 2, 12 9:53 PM
Ok I wish I would of seen this before...I'm new to this just got my iPad and this game..I was wondering why it was different than the walk through..where do I find a strategy guide and or walk through that applies to my game?

[Post New]by Tell_t on Mar 14, 12 3:20 AM
Hi, I have this on my iPhone and don't get the coloured glass puzzle. Does anybody know how I get to the secret garden? Ta

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 14, 12 3:38 AM
Hi fishies,

I just wanted to pop in and clarify some of the differences between the iPad and PC/Mac walkthrough posted in this thread. The iPad version for this game was modified, so some parts in the game for iPad are not present even though the PC/Mac walkthrough does refer to them:

Here are some specific spots in the game where you will see differences; in the iPhone version, you will find:

• No boiler room scene
• No generator puzzle
• No door number puzzle in theater
• No stained glass puzzle in puppet workshop
• Puppet's mouth gives red rune & no letter key
• No barrel with hidden object scene
• Punch card is found behind slider/mask puzzle in bedroom and is already punched & ready to use
• No machine in desk drawer to punch at the card & no number keys found to use in said machine
• Acid bottle under blanket in bedroom is found already full
• No need to fill empty bottle later
• No hidden object scene in daughter's bedroom
• No rope ladder to create (so, you won't need to find the items for it)
• No dungeon
• No puzzle in prison scene
• No key found here
• No hidden object scene in the grotto
• You'll neither find nor need the blow torch
• No floor grate puzzle in laboratory

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Tell_t on Mar 14, 12 5:12 AM
Thanks, I have seen this but now I'm stuck because I can't get into the secret garden. Any ideas? Ta

[Post New]by IndigoNight_1351 on May 14, 12 4:06 AM
Is there any way to combine the game with the strategy guide? I keep having to exit the game to get to the strategy guide which I put on my task bar, but the task bar won't pop up while I am playing the game. I have to completely exit the game. Ugh. Is there a solution to this? Please help. Thanks..

[Post New]by earthmombarb on May 31, 12 3:30 PM
You can get into the secret garden by cutting down the vines in the dead end with the garden shears. You do still get the garden shears,

[Post New]by midnightor on Apr 2, 13 2:22 AM
Sorry, I don't possess an Ipad or Iphone regarding this particular game however, I did read through Margie B's walkthrough and found those excellent screenshots throughout. I was very fascinated by the highlighted objects in each HOS shot and am curious to know, if possible, what software can produce such selected highlights.
Any clue would be helpful or is this type of software exclusive to Big Fish.

[Post New]by Faeriegigi on Aug 4, 13 6:54 PM
I am trapped in the theater area....I need a fuse or a key to get anywhere....please help.

Go to: