bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Disappointment

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 13, 08 9:55 AM
I love these games, especially the mysteries so that makes this game doubly disappointing. First, I seem to wait so long for a HOG and second, when it comes the items are just too tiny to find. Also, in this game, you have a given number of Hints but after using one you must wait 2 min. to use another.

I wanted very much to buy and play this one but I will not because of the tiny objects and the long wait between Hints.

Nothing can be done about the object sizes, but the Hints should be modified so they can either be used as needed or, if a timer is on their use (and the objects being so small) then the Hints should either be unlimited ot the wait shortened to no more than one minute.

I no longer purchase HOGs with "microscopic" objects. I am tired of having to use a magnifying glass and I am tired of twiddling my thumbs while waiting for a Hint meter to "recharge".

Sorry Big Fish! I really do love you and have posted this in hopes that it will spur game designers to take these points into consideration. I am eagerly looking forward to the next HOG!

tjmuse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Disappointment

[Post New]by tjmuse on Sep 13, 08 11:13 AM
I must agree with you 100% on this. When you put a little tiny horse shoe print on the same color of back ground it is impossible to find. And the 2 minute wait it way to long. I own many of these HOG games but I sure will not be buying this one.

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Sep 13, 08 11:58 AM
Thank you for letting me know, because after buying Hidden Mysteries/Civil War I wanted to scream and scream and scream!!! I won't be buying this one for sure! Many thanks again!

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Sep 13, 08 12:10 PM
Hi just to let you knbow you can download the untimed mode, which lts you take as long as you want, I loved the game, and admit some of the items were very small, but on the untimed mode you can take as long as you want, Whilst I was waiting for the hint recharge, I made myself , or two, so I eventually finished it, although I skipped some of the mini games. you just have to uninstall, and then re install, hope this helps.

cb977
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by cb977 on Sep 13, 08 12:45 PM
I enjoyed this game...the graphics were beautifully done but...I agree with what's been said about how tiny some of the items were and the very long wait for the hint to recharge. That's actually not why I'm disappointed though There are only 6 chapters and then POOF, it's done! Maybe they made the recharge time longer so you wouldn't realize what a short game it really is

Go to: