bfgBellerophon
7,760 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 22, 15 11:24 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,599 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Oct 28, 15 3:54 PM
I am using Windows 10. This game will only download to my task bar and I cannot open it. I have sent 5 DR Felix reports to Tech Support and there has been no explanation as to why it won't open or if there will be a fix...instead I was given a credit to choose a different CE game (I want to play this one!) All of the other MCF games have played fine...very confusing.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by barnegat917 on Oct 30, 15 6:35 AM
I am having the same issue and would please like an answer.

[Post New]by conlikelike on Oct 31, 15 9:49 AM
Me too...this one has always been one of my all time favorite games.....very upsetting Mine won't open either....downloaded several times too has anyone offered any help with this problem?

[Post New]by jassmoo on Nov 7, 15 8:17 AM
Same as the rest, windows 10, opens to the task bar..... Disappointed

[Post New]by the1trafficman on Nov 11, 15 5:40 PM
I am having the same problem as well. At first I thought it was my Big Fish downloader so I uninstalled and reinstalled that but the problem persists. I downloaded other games in the interim so I know the installer is not the problem. I am running windows 10 as well and have had no problem with any of my other 80 plus games that I have purchased in the past and present. Thanks!!

[Post New]by Doctor9fan on Nov 18, 15 11:51 AM
Add me to the list of Win 10 users who can't play this game due to it only opening to the task bar.
This is the disc version & not downloaded from BF but I even downloaded the free trial & that was the same.
No problems with other BF games.

bfgBellerophon
7,760 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 19, 15 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues with this particular game specifically on Windows 10.

If you are running on Windows 10, please ensure that you have the most current version since an update was recently released. Manually running Windows Update is a helpful step to take since it will ensure that your computer has the latest critical updates installed.

1) Press the buttons "Home (Windows symbol)"+ "x" on your keyboard at the same time, or hover over the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click
2) Select Control Panel then System and Security
3) Click on ‘Windows Update’ and check for updates, installing anything on offer

If any updates were found and installed, please restart the computer to make sure they've been applied properly, then try playing your game again.

For more information, please take a look at the following article provided by Microsoft as well as the help article below:

Microsoft Windows Updated

Windows 10

Luckystar18, it looks like you have been in touch with a Customer Support Representative. It is highly recommended that if you feel the issue wasn't resolved, to reply directly to that email. The representative can then work with you more to investigate the matter.

If players are still experiencing issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Lorikeet_Fagin on Nov 26, 15 6:51 AM
Same problem as the rest of you. The game won't run in Windows 10. And yes, my version of 10 is fully updated.
Please BFG, issue a fix for this!!!

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Dec 5, 15 4:45 AM
I have gone back to windows 7 (prefer it anyway) now I can play Dire Grove.

Try everything to get it to work on Windows 10, impossible.

Peace in our household now.

[Post New]by gooddragon38 on Dec 10, 15 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if the issues with running Dire Grove on Windows 10 were resolved? I'm having the same problem with playing it on Windows 10, my version is up to date.

bfgWaimea
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 11, 15 2:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

We've passed along the report of issues with Windows 10 to the appropriate team. However, in the meantime, we've noticed that the steps in the Windows 10 help article in bfgBellerophon's post have provided resolution for many players who were experiencing those issues.

As bfgBellerophon mentioned, contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if those steps haven't worked for you.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by gooddragon38 on Dec 12, 15 4:50 AM
I did supply my DRFelix report to the technical team. They sent me a coupon for a free game, which is nice, but I want to play the game I purchased and enjoyed previously prior to windows 10. Hopefully they can find an answer soon...

[Post New]by gnadenlos_GER on Dec 27, 15 5:25 PM
bfgWaimea: Why do you think the post by bfgBellerophon has provided a solution? Noone was reporting the problem fixed after that post. The only solution seams to be a refund. Many users would prefer a patch instead.

[Post New]by alexissbell on Jan 1, 16 4:25 AM
Hiya,
I've been through the game twice and was stuck. In the hunting lodge at the point that you can fill the kerosene and there was no hidden object sparkle sparkle in which I could procure the packet'o'chips.

Can you patch me please?

[Post New]by Doctor9fan on Jan 2, 16 11:59 AM
Add me to the list of Win 10 users who can't play this game, I have the disc version but have also downloaded the trial version with the same outcome, Win 10 fully upto date.

[Post New]by susifish on Jan 9, 16 2:55 PM
I have now tried everything suggested by bfgBellerophon and Microsoft and still cannot play MCF Dire Grove CE. Please resolve this issue - this is a fav game for many of us.

cleric
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by cleric on Jan 13, 16 1:01 PM
I am also unable to play dire grove on my win10 computer which has all the latest win updates. I would prefer a fix rather than a refund also. Its my fav game.

[Post New]by Zenai1 on Jan 15, 16 11:35 PM
Ok followed all the prompts, guides and FAQs in all the links and so far nothing has worked. I am thoroughly not in the mood to go through anything else at this point. Now this site specifies that Windows 10 is a fully supported OS. I bought MCF Dire Grove CE and this is the game I wish to play. Whatever can be done to get this fixed asap would be greatly appreciated.

On a completely unrelated note: MANY years as a member and I STILL don't have a plushy Felix......I feel cheated! :-P

[Post New]by ldykes71 on Jan 16, 16 10:49 AM
Add me to the list! I am having the same issues as stated above. I have contacted tech support twice about not being able to play this game on Windows 10. Both times, I've sent the Dr. Felix Report. The first reply I got from them was "we haven't had the time to read your e-mail but here is a coupon!" Last week, I resent another tech support request and they still haven't replied. What's wrong with you BigFish?

Go to: