Please Help.

TrickC56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Please Help.

[Post New]by TrickC56 on Oct 22, 15 1:53 PM
I know most of you folks play games all the time, and are very good at them. I do play them, but not so good sometimes.
My problem is that I was supposed to collect a wire from the mailbox, along with the firefly. Got the firefly, but not the wire. Now it wants me to use the wire to jimmy the lock on the compressor. How do I go back to get the wire. It won't let me go to the mailbox anymore. So I have no wire. Please help this not such a good player. I am an old lady (just turned 70), so have some compassion for me please. Thanks.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Please Help.

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 22, 15 5:59 PM
I hope someone will be able to help you. I don't have the game or else I would try to help out.

[Post New]by sueannmc on Oct 23, 15 2:51 AM
I am having the same problem. Will probably just start game over.

chaela1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by chaela1 on Oct 23, 15 7:58 AM
I have the same proplem

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Oct 23, 15 8:46 AM
same problem here I am sure I took every thing from the mail box and there was no wire.

britta76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by britta76 on Oct 23, 15 8:55 AM
Having same problem. Can't find wire! Paid full price for this game. Why aren't they tested better?

spamala
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by spamala on Oct 23, 15 10:16 AM
I'm having the same problem. No wire.

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Oct 24, 15 1:23 AM
hi same problem,no wire.i seem to be able to go back to the beginning of the game,but cant find where to get the wire from,where was the mailbox.cheers.

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Oct 24, 15 3:01 AM
ok,found it.looks like uninstall and try again.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Oct 24, 15 9:01 AM
Same here, no wire.

[Post New]by rewdew on Oct 24, 15 7:37 PM
I am having the same problem. If anyone comes up with an answer please post it.

[Post New]by lgwlinda on Oct 24, 15 8:32 PM
Same here.

[Post New]by lorraine2215 on Oct 24, 15 9:14 PM
no wire

[Post New]by jake8jazz on Oct 25, 15 8:50 AM
so you have to uninstall and start over? I'm having the same issue where the map wants to check out the mailbox but now that the gate to the school is open I can't get there.

Edit - didn't need to uninstall, just add a new player and you can start over. Lesson learned - don't close windows, if the scene is finished they will close themselves.

Edited on 10/25/2015 at 1:28:26 PM PST

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Oct 26, 15 4:37 AM
Same here

[Post New]by wstetson17 on Oct 27, 15 7:45 AM
Doesn't anybody from management read thees posts? There are several issues that several people are struggling with. "a wire", "a leaf", "a drawing" and a "nutcracker". People keep posting here but none answers their post. Very very frustrating. Something is wrong with customer support!!!!!!!!!!!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 27, 15 9:43 PM
wstetson17 said,

Doesn't anybody from management read thees posts? There are several issues that several people are struggling with. "a wire", "a leaf", "a drawing" and a "nutcracker". People keep posting here but none answers their post. Very very frustrating. Something is wrong with customer support!!!!!!!!!!!

When a problem advancing in a game is posted in the forums, it is the OTHER players who come to the rescue, NOT customer service.

If there is NO answer to a post, it probably means that somebody "in the know" just hasn't seen it.

I read the other posts in this thread and noticed that it was suggested that you start with a new profile, if you are having "wire" issues.

If there are many people with the same problem, it COULD be a tech issue. If that is the case, the problem should be listed in the Tech Issues thread.

READING the tech issues thread can be helpful because you can see if YOUR problem has come up with other gamers. At times, other people with the same issue will have found a work-around.

Hope this eases your frustration a bit.

[Post New]by Sparkmeister on Oct 28, 15 3:29 PM
First timer at this. Seem to be in a vicious circle early on in the game while I'm at the guy turning to stone in a courtyard. Hint always sends me to the same place, lady with crayons on the cobblestone. Can't find my way out of this since it's just a circle that won't let me out. Can anyone help me with this, please?
Sparky

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 29, 15 11:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues with the wire in this particular game.

Oftentimes, issues like this can be resolved by starting a new profile. It was also mentioned to take the wire as soon as you open the post box, before opening the gate. If you would rather not start over, you are welcome to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help troubleshoot.

If you do experience technical issues, we do recommend that they be placed in the following designated thread as 9otters had mentioned:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition here

By consolidating these issues in the technical thread, it helps the Moderation Team look at any trends that players are experiencing. We do apologize for the delay in response in this thread. The Moderation Team oversees thousands of game forums and will pass the information presented in this thread to the appropriate team. It is always recommended to contact our Support Team as they have the tools to keep track of and report these issues as well.

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

ruth67
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ruth67 on Oct 31, 15 2:03 PM
I got the wire and the firefly from the mailbox. I'm not sure if there was anything else or not. When you get everything out, the window will close.

Ruth

Go to: