SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 27, 12 12:55 AM
tonguetied wrote:Hey. I can't unlock the carnival wagon. I may have did something that triggered the bug. I have the clue in the mirror, but I can't still unlock it. What should I do?
Try reversing the clue in the mirror - for some reason that worked for others. Meaning, click on all the buttons on the lock so the ones that were up are now down and the ones that were down are now up.

My Inventory Items disappeared-no feather to tickle Abigails Foot

[Post New]by Abelarde on Dec 1, 12 10:11 AM
Wow, I love this game. It is totally weird and I love weird, but this one is almost too weird for me! Who but Adrian could access the deep psychological fears in one's mind in abused children, or a pregnant mannequin shrieking and tossing her head at intervals while you are trying to figure out dial settings that don't have any numbers! After trying to set the dials, get Baby Charles delivered through the metal tube and trying to cut the wire umbilical cord, I about went crazy listeneing to her shriek and had to take a break. Same in the house with the kid sobbing in the background. EEEEEK! When is the movie coming out?
]PROBLEM: When I went to get the feather (what the heck could that be used for?) to tickle obese Abigail's foot to make her laugh, all my inventory items were gone!!
OH NO!! Do I have to start over? [/b]
In the meantime I started Dark Parables which is pretty tame and lame compared to Escape from Ravenhearst. Sure it has puzzles, etc., but nothing, nothing like the psychological twists and terror induced by MCF: EFR
THanks, Adrian you are a genius, not sure I want to meet you though. FREAKOUT>

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

My Inventory Items disappeared-no feather to tickle Abigails Foot

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 2, 12 2:05 AM
Abelarde wrote:
]PROBLEM: When I went to get the feather (what the heck could that be used for?) to tickle obese Abigail's foot to make her laugh, all my inventory items were gone!!
OH NO!! Do I have to start over? [/b]
In the meantime I started Dark Parables which is pretty tame and lame compared to Escape from Ravenhearst. Sure it has puzzles, etc., but nothing, nothing like the psychological twists and terror induced by MCF: EFR
THanks, Adrian you are a genius, not sure I want to meet you though. FREAKOUT>

You can try going back into the game after you exited to see if your missing items returned. If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling, you shouldn't lose your game progress. And if none of that helps, you should get in touch with tech support. Good luck, Abelarde!

INVENTORY DISAPPEARED! WHAT NOW? THX

[Post New]by Abelarde on Dec 3, 12 8:27 PM
six inventory items disappeared. Can't go on or back. What do you do in a case like this? How do you start over? Do you have to buy the game again? I have yet to finish one game completely because of a technical glitch.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

INVENTORY DISAPPEARED! WHAT NOW? THX

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 3, 12 11:26 PM
Abelarde wrote:six inventory items disappeared. Can't go on or back. What do you do in a case like this? How do you start over? Do you have to buy the game again? I have yet to finish one game completely because of a technical glitch.
I've not heard of a glitch that makes inventory items disappear. Are you sure they're not in a different part of the inventory wheel? Click on the little arrows on either side of the inventory to scroll to a different section. Alternatively, sometimes shutting down and restarting helps.

If you want to start over, you can do so by starting a new user profile in the opening menu. You definitely don't need to re-buy or even reinstall the game.

If none of that works, contact tech support by clicking on the green envelope on the right hand side of your screen.

Edited on 12/03/2012 at 11:27:55 PM PST

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by vickyshag on Dec 4, 12 6:14 PM
I have owned this game for several months and never had any problems playing it when I first got it. Now, however, when I try to play, the graphics from the falling rain are all screwed up. I can play like normal and see the screens but the falling rain graphics are like geometrical-shaped lights flashing across the screen and extremely distracting that I can't even bear to play anymore. Is this something that can be fixed?

lorelei25
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by lorelei25 on Dec 8, 12 10:10 PM
It's been a year since BFG broke it with the update with the Casual Setting - I want to ask before I go through the mess of uninstalling and reinstalling this game (again):
Did they ever fix the last morphing journal object and the final pages of the diary?

When I first bought the game (pre casual setting) there was a morphing object game in the journal to play through - that led to two extra HOS drawings on the ground to work through that then became part of the diary at page 40. You could only get to those by re-entering the game and clicking on one final morphing object (in the tree behind the ladies) on page 39.

After they added the casual setting - the two drawings became page 39, no HOS.

Is this fixed yet?

[Post New]by ldg_07 on Dec 25, 12 5:29 PM
On Emma's door puzzle, I can't get one of the door tokens to activate. I hold it over the picture (the musician's arm) and click, but it won't accept it. It's not a puzzle you can skip, so I'm kind of stuck for now. Help!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 26, 12 2:36 AM
ldg_07 wrote:On Emma's door puzzle, I can't get one of the door tokens to activate. I hold it over the picture (the musician's arm) and click, but it won't accept it. It's not a puzzle you can skip, so I'm kind of stuck for now. Help!
I think his arm may be moving, so you need to click when it's in the right position!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 26, 12 3:52 AM
lorelei25 wrote:After they added the casual setting - the two drawings became page 39, no HOS.
Is this fixed yet?
No, this has never been fixed.

ETA If you want to get your hands dirty doing elementary coding, there is a workaround -

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/193447.page

Edited on 12/27/2012 at 2:12:12 AM PST

[Post New]by rochass on Feb 7, 13 11:45 PM
i have a serious problem with my game. My game was closed suddenly and after i reopen it, message read "Invalid Profile Detected - The profile for (Master Detective) contains invalid data and could not be processed. This profile will not be loaded."
I've restarted my game with same name but it always stuck in the beginning. so my profile has LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP ME

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 8, 13 1:49 AM
rochass wrote:i have a serious problem with my game. My game was closed suddenly and after i reopen it, message read "Invalid Profile Detected - The profile for (Master Detective) contains invalid data and could not be processed. This profile will not be loaded."
I've restarted my game with same name but it always stuck in the beginning. so my profile has LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP ME

Hi rochass! Welcome to the forums!! I think you would get better help if you contact tech support directly.
To reach tech support:
You can click on the green envelope to the right of these posts. When you get to the next page, look in the left column for "Still need Help? Contact us" and click on that to get to the report page. Remember to send in a Dr. Felix, the instructions (or a link to them) are on the report page. Good luck!

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Feb 16, 13 7:19 PM
The 'HINT' button on the game is inactive at all times. Any suggestions or updates available?

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Feb 18, 13 7:47 PM
I'm near the end of the asylum chapter, and I'm getting red screens, and alternating pages from the strategy guide have disappeared.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 18, 13 11:56 PM
darkhalf01 wrote:I'm near the end of the asylum chapter, and I'm getting red screens, and alternating pages from the strategy guide have disappeared.
I had that with my old computer. I think it had to do with my graphics card. Usually it'd be ok again after I quit and restarted the game.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Mar 6, 13 8:43 PM
elldee2728 wrote:I got a snarky message that I need a new video card! While I admit that the game's video memory requirement exceeds my system's capability, I've had no problems playing virtually dozens of other non-BFG-produced games that sport the same requirements.

Instead of advising those of us with somewhat older machines that we need new, costly hardware, why not just let us attempt the demo (like ALL other developers probably do) to see if it works? I think has severely limited the market for this particular "flagship" offering!

Oh, BTW--nearly six hours after the release of such a much-hyped "whopper," and a mere 32 Reviews? Not a good sign. And when the Tech Issues outnumber the Reviews? Not a good sign, either. Good luck with this one--I'll bet some Techies will be munching on turkey at BFG HQs instead of at home!

Regards (and disappointment), elldee

I am in the same fishbowl with elldee! Ibought this game when it came out, but just now had time to play it believe it or not. Then it said I need a new graphics card, although my graphics card is already 128mb. I know my system is an older model , but I did just updated the graphics card (not upgraded). This isn't the only prolblem or game I have had problems with lately. Also Royal Detective: Lord of Statues is now crashing every time I try to even open it! Crazy! Can someone PLEASE tell me what kind of graphics card I need so I can go get one? Sorry about your problems too elldee! I suppose I need to have someone put it in too because I surely won't be able to do so! ESTO! Equipment Smarter Than Operator! LOL
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
~miern

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 6, 13 9:09 PM
Since this game is an older one, the mods don't pop in as often. You might want to go ahead and get in touch with tech support if you want to figure this out in a timely manner!

Edited on 03/06/2013 at 9:09:31 PM PST

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Mar 17, 13 4:42 PM
Well, I did post to the mods; they haven't answered yet. I also posted to them about my game Royal Detective: Lord of Statues crashing every time I try tio open it now, and I was halfway through it. I deleted it and redownloaded it, but since it was in a group of five I bought at the same time, every time I download it, I have to download the other four as well. Sometimes, something happens to them in the new downloads. Like today, when I did it. it said I had -1 minute left of Elixir of Immortality left and I could either Try or Buy it! What's up with that? I already OWN it! Geeeesh! A lot of errors with BFG lately!
~Miern

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 26, 13 11:57 AM
Hi Miern,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your games crashing on you. That usually does mean that something is going on with the video card or graphics drivers. And this game in particular does require a lot or resources.

Getting in touch with our Tech Support Team is definitely best, as they'll be able to take a look at how the games are running on your particular system and then will work with you to get things resolved from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by MikeBeachBum on Apr 26, 13 10:27 AM
Ipad version, I cannot go up the ladder in the lighthouse after I unlocked it. Strategy guide says this is next. Hint tells me to back up one step, the go forward again. Any ideas? Thanks!

Go to: