What happened to the update?

[Post New]by sltahoemiss on Jun 30, 14 9:17 AM
What happened to the update? A few weeks ago I received notice that an update was available. I downloaded the update only to receive an error code. I followed the instructions as to how to report the error and I received an autobot reply. I have not seen any notice of the update and I am out of quests. I really enjoy this game; but without an update, I am pretty much lost in the shire.

Re:Post your Awakening Kingdoms Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Pastaqueen on Jun 30, 14 3:27 PM
Hi guys, first off - LOVE the game!! and have had not technical issues up until now - and it was my fault!! I logged on this morning and hit play, then noticed the update. So I hit that as well (sorry). When the game was loading it told me that there was an update and I could go back and do it. I went back to the game manager and it had gone. I think I was too keen to install. Is there anyway you can get the update back - I am on version 1.78 at the moment. If not, I'll just have to miss out, as it was a stupid thing for me to do. I am on a PC with windows.
Thanks

Edited on 06/30/2014 at 3:42:17 PM PST

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Jun 30, 14 4:01 PM
I use PC Windows and since I've updated just a half hour ago I can't play anymore.
I've startet my PC again but that doesn't help.

I've updated to version 1.81

1 hour ago I played with version 1.78 and everything was fine
like always before..

[Post New]by elfmellon on Jun 30, 14 5:13 PM
Just downloaded today's update 06/30/14 - and I have weirdness to report. First of all, over 200,000 experience points to next level-up??? I was halfway to the next level before the update at about 35,000. Really hoping that's a mistake soon to be rectified.

Also, anybody else finding tea packets and other Gnome Village items at the new Stone Circle location, randomly it seems? Once I got to Apprentice Rank there, a tea packet dropped, and I thought I was going crazy. Then I noticed on the next visit that the "to find here" list at Stone Circle showed flowers, tea packets, etc. in other words all the items usually found at Gnome Village. Weird glitch indeed! Don't know if it's just me.

Otherwise really loving the new update. Great to have new locations to search in and the quests are fun (and not impossible) so far. Thanks much!

[Post New]by sashaofvashon on Jun 30, 14 6:44 PM
The meter says I need 488,880 points to level up? What is going on with this update. Don't they check it for bugs before releasing it?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 30, 14 6:55 PM
I'm having same issue with stone circle randomly changing one round with it's normal collectibles to it's next with gnome village collectibles in the find here section and in drops. Kinda hard to get items for quests when half the time you getting completely different collectibles!
My experience meter has also changed, one minute I was half way to 96,000 points on level 93, now it wants 550,000 or something near that in order to get to next level.... WHAT! this better be a fixable glitch.

[Post New]by jeanieweanie on Jun 30, 14 7:18 PM
elfmellon wrote:Just downloaded today's update 06/30/14 - and I have weirdness to report. First of all, over 200,000 experience points to next level-up??? I was halfway to the next level before the update at about 35,000. Really hoping that's a mistake soon to be rectified.

Also, anybody else finding tea packets and other Gnome Village items at the new Stone Circle location, randomly it seems? Once I got to Apprentice Rank there, a tea packet dropped, and I thought I was going crazy. Then I noticed on the next visit that the "to find here" list at Stone Circle showed flowers, tea packets, etc. in other words all the items usually found at Gnome Village. Weird glitch indeed! Don't know if it's just me.

Otherwise really loving the new update. Great to have new locations to search in and the quests are fun (and not impossible) so far. Thanks much!

Yes same thing happened with me.

lev614
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lev614 on Jun 30, 14 9:33 PM
I am having trouble with buying crystals. I went to the screen, picked the amount I wanted and then a black screen appears. It's just a little smaller than the purchase menu, but it doesn't let me get out of the screen.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jun 30, 14 10:23 PM
Gnome Village and Stone Circle are showing the same items. When I first played after the update, got some new items from Stone Circle; now it's just showing Gnome Village items.

plduncan
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by plduncan on Jun 30, 14 11:57 PM
I am having trouble with a quest in the new updates. In Fahleed's Mural Story we need to give 15 mini centaurs, I have 22 and the quest shows I have 15/15 but when I click to give the 15 mini centaurs, I get a message that I do not have the resources and need to continue playing the scenes to get more. Please fix this since I can not complete the quest without being able to give them.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jul 1, 14 12:33 AM
plduncan wrote:I am having trouble with a quest in the new updates. In Fahleed's Mural Story we need to give 15 mini centaurs, I have 22 and the quest shows I have 15/15 but when I click to give the 15 mini centaurs, I get a message that I do not have the resources and need to continue playing the scenes to get more. Please fix this since I can not complete the quest without being able to give them.

Me, too, plducan! I have 64 Lone Centaur Books and Fahleed is asking for 20 of them. I can't continue until the devs fix this!
Edit to post: are you having troubles with the Stone Circle and Gnome Village having the same items? I can't advance on that quest, either.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 12:37:22 AM PST

Huggs24
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Huggs24 on Jul 1, 14 6:13 AM
I haven't been able to get onto AK today at all keeps saying connecting at the bottom of the first screen for AK any ideas?
thanks

UPDATE
I've been able to access on laptop just not my PC!

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 7:55:07 AM PST

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Jul 1, 14 7:21 AM
The latest release which includes the Stone Circle has a troublesome flaw (assuming it is not intentional) that wastes expensive energy. Half the time (or more) it presents and awards objects from the Gnome Village instead of the objects it should be offering. You can even see them in the Items To Find before entering that area when you select it on the map.

Irmalover
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Irmalover on Jul 1, 14 9:23 AM
When I started the recent version it didn't connect with the server. After a while I decided to break off the process. This repeats all times I try to play it. The problem can't be my router, for i'm playing a few DRM games which work perfectly.

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by drkgordon on Jul 1, 14 9:28 AM
I also have this same problem. Downloaded the update on my laptop and it works just fine. Downloaded on my PC and it just stays on the screen saying connecting.
I've tried reinstalling the game but still have the same problem.
Huggs24 wrote:I haven't been able to get onto AK today at all keeps saying connecting at the bottom of the first screen for AK any ideas?
thanks

UPDATE

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Jul 1, 14 9:31 AM
A couple of things with the new update...in the area that opens up in the Stone Circle (behind the big mushroom), the list in the HOS requires you to find a hummingbird. It's not a hummingbird, it's the woodpecker you need to click on!
Also, when the lad Quinn asks you to find glue to fix the item to give to the centaur, it says you can find it at Mystic Copse, when it's actually Forgotten Glen.
I too had the issue of collecting Gnome Village items at Stone Circle (was kind of nice though, I needed more bloody Moon Tea and found more at the Circle than I did at the Village...those gnomes are stingy, lol!)

mammaw_1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mammaw_1 on Jul 1, 14 10:17 AM
Got the June 30 update while I was on level 62. First shock was that the experience level required to achieve the next level jumped from 62+ to well over 230+ thousand!
Is it supposed to do that? Seems awfully unfair to those of us who did not make it to level 75 before the update.

I also cannot complete the quest for figurines because it refuses to accept the 15 mini centaurs. The quest screen shows 15/15 but when I click the give button, I get the message saying I need more collectibles. I already have 17 mini centaurs in my collection.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 10:19:28 AM PST

[Post New]by aretha45 on Jul 1, 14 11:32 AM
drkgordon wrote:I also have this same problem. Downloaded the update on my laptop and it works just fine. Downloaded on my PC and it just stays on the screen saying connecting.
I've tried reinstalling the game but still have the same problem.
Huggs24 wrote:I haven't been able to get onto AK today at all keeps saying connecting at the bottom of the first screen for AK any ideas?
thanks

UPDATE

Hi!
I am playing on laptop and having the same connecting issue. If anyone finds out how to fix it, it would be very appreciated.
Tried: reinstall, disconected background process, etc... nothing.

Thanks to all

Problems with the new update

[Post New]by Anclamell on Jul 1, 14 12:17 PM
I installed the new update (June,30), but there's still a message telling me to update to the new version when I open the game. How can I reinstall the update?

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Jul 1, 14 1:16 PM
I just noticed another problem with the latest version.

The total points required now says I need 2,119,270 points to get to level 90, whereas I only needed maybe around 180,000 before the version update.

I don't think I will be wasting time trying to get there.

Go to: