BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 25, 14 8:43 AM
Feedback for the Devs.

I had a strange occurrence. After collecting 5 flowers, I usually watch the money go to the top before moving onto the next scene. Instead of adding 10 coins, it deducted 13,000. That's quite a chunk of change to lose when you're at level 19 and need every coin to open HO scenes and crafting items.

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Mar 25, 14 2:47 PM
Not getting what I need again! I have done the find for Mirror of Embarrassment several times and it has given me 3 Golem's heart and 4 Twilight Guides . I have used some of my diamonds and still the thing happens every time I do the cauldron. Almost everything leads back to the cauldron and if it keeps giving the same thing over and over what do you do I am going in circles please help.

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Mar 25, 14 5:03 PM
I am currently getting "unable to connect to server" message. This started just before midnight GMT. Is this a planned outage ?

[Post New]by Lisajune13 on Mar 25, 14 5:11 PM
breadbakingmum wrote:I am currently getting "unable to connect to server" message. This started just before midnight GMT. Is this a planned outage ?

me too i rebooted my connection but still getting the same message...man looks like I will not get to play tonight

jerrilou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jerrilou on Mar 25, 14 5:11 PM
Hello anyone... I'm having a internet problem... it says.. i'm unable to connect to the internet... I was on for a bit before it booted me off... but yet here i am... so... can someone please tell me what's up with that... I check to see if there was any updates to any game and there was not any... I'm also can't connect to dark manor at all either says the same thing... Please help a fellow player out and tell me something about this matter... thank you and happy gaming

qcbooks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by qcbooks on Mar 25, 14 5:25 PM
jerrilou wrote:Hello anyone... I'm having a internet problem... it says.. i'm unable to connect to the internet... I was on for a bit before it booted me off... but yet here i am... so... can someone please tell me what's up with that... I check to see if there was any updates to any game and there was not any... I'm also can't connect to dark manor at all either says the same thing... Please help a fellow player out and tell me something about this matter... thank you and happy gaming

Here too. These issues are getting really tiresome BFG. Why are these happening over and over. They've had more than enough time to iron out all their bugs. Get it together!!!!!

[Post New]by havlikp on Mar 26, 14 8:17 AM
I'm at level 20 and I can't play the HOS in the dungeon on the floor. When I open it, the background shows, none of the objects are there and the list to pick from is missing. The game freezes at this point. I can play all other HOS's without any trouble.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 26, 14 5:49 PM
I entered the lower scene in the Forbidden Tower, everything was cleared from the board. The timer was missing and the list was missing. I had to use the task manager to close the game. This is the 3rd scene that has happened on, only one time each so far.

[Post New]by suzi2014 on Mar 26, 14 7:25 PM
Was having trouble in level 18 and now again with 19. I'm not getting items that I'm searching for.
.Keeps giving me things that I don't need. Wait an hour and try again and still get something I don't need. I can't get what I need for the lady in the underworld. I finally got 4 things I needed to open something and it gave me something I don't need to move on. Now I have to gather those 4 things again. How can I get past this.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Mar 27, 14 12:44 AM
the glitch with the missing coins for the flower collecting is going worse again. Especially if you are at levels above 19 you badly need any coin you can get. Pls look into this matter again, thanks

Furthermore I realise that the HOS starting to cause problems, I do have more and more freezing and need to use the task manager more often than before

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 27, 14 3:24 AM
Hummel, Hummel... Gernespieler... I get the odd frozen HOS where no list can be found. You don't have to use the Task Manager to get out. Just click ALT+ENTER at the same time. That will turn the full screen into window mode, and then you just click on the little cross at the top right-hand corner to exit the game. I find this a much simpler way to get out of a frozen game.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Mar 27, 14 4:43 AM
Mors Mors Valdy

OK, will try your way the next time, tks for the tipp

[Post New]by ldowers on Mar 27, 14 8:29 AM
I recently bought a new computer and wish to transfer my profile from Midnight Castle to the new machine. I don't want to start over. Is there a way I can transfer files to do this?

[Post New]by ldowers on Mar 27, 14 11:13 AM
ldowers wrote:I recently bought a new computer and wish to transfer my profile from Midnight Castle to the new machine. I don't want to start over. Is there a way I can transfer files to do this?

Nevermind. I found the correct files to transfer. All is good! The adventure continues.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 27, 14 6:30 PM
derbyteam wrote:Not getting what I need again! I have done the find for Mirror of Embarrassment several times and it has given me 3 Golem's heart and 4 Twilight Guides . I have used some of my diamonds and still the thing happens every time I do the cauldron. Almost everything leads back to the cauldron and if it keeps giving the same thing over and over what do you do I am going in circles please help.

Having exactly the same problem!

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Mar 27, 14 10:42 PM
help get gift cards have lost 9 gift cards .please help i am trying to craft a pet . Been waiting for 10 days to get enought cards and just now helped friends 5 times and got 2 cards

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Mar 28, 14 9:18 AM
Are the tech crew on strike or holiday? Still no reply to my problem with "there was a problem with your save" - is there no way to fix this? (incidentally, while waiting for the fix I have tired a few other games, and can recommend Hidden Expedition 6 - it is not as good as MC is (or should I say "was") but one of the best HOG I have played)

[Post New]by MillyW on Mar 28, 14 1:52 PM
Chris_2_4 I think they must have left town. I contacted them 5 days ago and have heard nothing. I have not been able to get in to play the game since. Mine is an unable to connect issue. Would atleast be nice if they let you they were working on the problem. I am getting very frustrated and ready to quit Big Fish Games completely.

mynana33
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by mynana33 on Mar 28, 14 3:35 PM
mj14 wrote:Where others were having problems getting the riveted disk, I'm having a problem with a different item - the symbol of holy fire for the same challenge. I've opened the chest 4 or 5 times now and still cannot get that item. I've been working on that quest for over a week and cannot complete it.

I am having the same problem.

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cabogal on Mar 28, 14 5:47 PM
I have two continuing problems:
1. Purchases failing to be credited to the game. I buy coins and diamonds at least 1-2 times a week and every so often right after the transaction is processed and my in game account gets credited my game freezes up and I have to reboot the system. When I get back into the game the coins or diamonds I just purchased are missing and yet my credit card gets charged

2. Inability to reach customer service for a refund when purchases fail but my credit card is charged. Seems there are some incompatibility problems with your website and Internet Explorer. If I don't fill in my credit card billing information I can't submit the 'Contact Me' form. The only way around this is to select an alternate subject from the drop down box and fill in the info elsewhere on the form. That's where things go wrong because it seems that unless you fill in the information in the billing section it's not being sent to a customer service person. I don't know where it's going but 9 times out of 10 all I ever receive is an automated email response and no assistance.

I just now filled out your online form again after waiting a week and not getting any help. I submitted my billing problem 1 week ago today and received an automated reply telling me someone would contact me in 24-72 hours. Well, it's now been 172 hours and no response and I have charges on my VISA card that need to be refunded.

I am beyond frustration. This is the 3rd time I've spent weeks trying to get help from customer service. I like this game but it's not worth the stress I have to go through. I've had to use Moderators to get someone to contact me I've tried calling BFG but you don't offer phone support any more. I am truly at my wits end.

Will someone please help me reach a live person in customer service? Please don't suggest Firefox or Chrome. I'f I wanted them I'd be using them.

Go to: