Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

[Post New]by l3roken on Nov 13, 17 2:55 PM
There is no exit to leave the game now. I have to close out the game by bringing up windows and closing out the tab or by bringing up the task manager and killing the game there.

So the change has now made loading each city annoyingly slow and it has taken away the ability to easily close out a game session.

You've added more annoyance and apparently no benefit to the players or to the gameplay itself.

newmangame
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by newmangame on Nov 13, 17 4:11 PM
I agree with the above statement. I'm running Windows 10 on a PC, and there is now no way to exit the game except through Task Manager. Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks.

Dan of DannPat

[Post New]by phlomis on Nov 14, 17 4:19 AM
Hello
The update looks good, the cities are nice but...
like the others already wrote...no way out!!!
I hope that someone can "repair" this!

Greetings phlomis

PS: I now found a "little" door; just press the 'escape' button on the keybord and you open the ' Leave the game' window....I prefer a door in the game!

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 4:58:22 AM PST

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on Nov 14, 17 6:55 AM
Downloaded the update to Gummy Drop. Works fine except I cannot find an exit button when I want to leave the game. Where is the Exit???

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 14, 17 8:12 AM
Forum moderator bfgllinata responded.........

1. Press the Escape Key. This will return you either until the city map or the globe, depending on if you are playing a level or exploring a city. In either case, press escape until you see the globe.
2. Press Escape again while seeing the globe. This will bring up the prompt "Are you sure you want to leave the game?"
3. Press the green check mark button to exit or the Red X to go back to playing. Pressing Escape at this prompt will close it and allow you to continue playing.

Best regards
Glitter

[Post New]by midorijama on Nov 14, 17 12:02 PM
Sorry, I just figured out how to do it.

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 12:08:03 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 14, 17 4:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that there was trouble exiting the game after the update. It appears that the recent update also changed how to exit the game. It appears that glitter2goldfish was able to provide my previous suggested steps, and I just wanted to quickly state them below, just in case.

Players can use the Escape key to exit the game. This will either exit the level you are currently playing, exit from the city map to the globe, or bring up a confirmation on whether you would like to exit the game. Clicking the green checkmark to confirm will allow players to exit the PC version of the game after updating.

Thank you for your patience everyone. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 4:40:07 PM PST

[Post New]by footballfishfan on Nov 15, 17 6:10 AM
Just downloaded the latest updates and like it alot. However, how do you CLOSE the game? Before there was an "X" on the opening screen, now I cant find it anywhere and have to start my Task Manager to shut down the game. What am I missing? Please help, I love playing the game but have to stop if I cant close it. I must be crazy but I simply cannot find how to close the game. thanks!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 7:10 AM

1. Press the Escape Key. This will return you either until the city map or the globe, depending on if you are playing a level or exploring a city. In either case, press escape until you see the globe.
2. Press Escape again while seeing the globe. This will bring up the prompt "Are you sure you want to leave the game?"
3. Press the green check mark button to exit or the Red X to go back to playing. Pressing Escape at this prompt will close it and allow you to continue playing.

Best regards
Glitter

[Post New]by kathy_j on Nov 15, 17 10:55 AM
Hi, I updated Gummy Drop today and now it won;t start. There are loads of messages starting with Lime/Exception:'TapToGummy' of SimpleText not found for DialogFrame, "". WindowWidget]/DialogFrame] ($Dialog_MainMenu] at Lime.Node.Find[T](String path). I am running Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 15, 17 12:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you, glitter2goldfish, for providing footballfishfan with instructions about how to close the game. The Moderation Team appreciates everyone's patience with this change, too.

Now, on to help kathy_j!

I'm really sorry your Gummy Drop! game won't start. I'd recommend reaching out to our Gummy Drop! Support Team and including both the game's User ID and a screenshot of the error message that appears. The following help pages will walk you through taking a screenshot and attaching it to an email.

How do I take a screenshot? (Computer)
How do I attach a file to my email?

Thank you for your patience. Please PM me or another moderator if further questions arise. We'll be happy to provide answers and help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Krisbygrace on Nov 15, 17 2:33 PM
I am in San Francisco and I just bought the building for level 11-20. But the numbers won't come up. I'm stuck at level 10. I can't go any further. Help

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 15, 17 2:46 PM
Hello Krisbygrace,

I'm sorry there's been trouble unlocking the next zone of levels. Our Gummy Drop! Support Team will be able to provide the best troubleshooting guidance. Please contact them, and include a screenshot of the area surrounding the building that you built. Please also include your User ID.

These help pages explain how to take a screenshot and attach it to an email.

How do I take a screenshot? (Computer)
How do I attach a file to my email?

Thank you for your patience, and please PM me or another moderator if any more questions come up. We'll provide all of the information and help we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by soundsofvictory on Nov 15, 17 3:49 PM
After the last upgrade there isn't a close button . When I minimize game and close window he game continues to run in background and will not allow me to open another game without totally restarting my PC

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 3:56 PM

Best regards
Glitter

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 15, 17 5:10 PM
Howdy soundsofvictory,

Welcome to the forums! Sorry about that sudden change to how to exit the game, and I'm glad that glitter2goldfish was able to swim by with those steps. Using the Escape (Esc) key located to the top left of most keyboards will allow players to reach the confirmation window asking whether a player would like to exit the game or not.

Thanks for your time and thanks glitter2goldfish for helping out players seeking how to exit the game so quickly! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

grannigin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by grannigin on Nov 17, 17 2:23 AM
Have had the same problem and issues but my workaround is going to options, changing from full screen to windowed version then you can hit the X upper right hand corner nd close out of the game.

bfgBeruna
1,350 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 17, 17 2:31 PM
Hello grannigin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this alternate workaround to using the ESC key to exit the game. If players prefer, they can absolutely switch from full screen to windowed mode, which will allow them to exit Gummy Drop! by clicking the X in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Happy gaming to all!

bfgBeruna

Go to: