bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of Steve the Sheriff for the Mac available now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 2, 09 5:42 PM
We now have an updated version of Steve the Sheriff for the Mac available now. This new version of the game should correct the error of the game skipping to the end.

To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to reinstall the game, click on the link below that will take you to a help article that gives you step by step information:

Reinstall a Mac Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

Re:New version of Steve the Sheriff for the Mac available now

[Post New]by Felinda on Oct 2, 09 7:25 PM
wow! That was fast! Thanks!

A little too fast I guess. It still does not work.

Edited on 10/03/2009 at 2:08:49 PM PST

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Oct 2, 09 9:52 PM
Mine still does not save correctly. It went back to the last scene that I played and finished. Demo time is being swiftly used up and if it doesn't get fixed before that's gone - no sale here.

dady45
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dady45 on Oct 3, 09 12:36 AM

werdeee
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by werdeee on Oct 3, 09 12:57 AM
I reinstalled and everything worked great until I had to quit the game for a bit. When I came back, there was no saved game, no continue -- only starting over from the beginning yet again.

I bought the game thinking it was fixed. I don't want to have to play the whole thing in one sitting (and I'm not looking forward to replaying everything I just did since the list never changes). Very frustrating.

ccb508
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ccb508 on Oct 3, 09 10:37 AM
I'm having the same problem as Werdeee.... So happy the skip to the end was fixed, and played several locations last night. Now, I'm back to where I was when I did the install of the new version... no save from after the install.

On the positive side, now that I've done the early locations multiple times, I'm getting outrageous speed bonuses and can solve all the minigames in seconds! But I would like to move on to the other locations... ;-)

I realize it's the weekend, BFG, hoping for a suggestion before Monday....

stargirld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by stargirld on Oct 4, 09 4:02 AM
This "patched" version now doesn't save the game at all. Way to go BFG! As I said in the message I sent to Customer Service, please fix the game (properly this time) or refund my purchase price ASAP.

[Post New]by filigree06 on Oct 4, 09 10:15 AM
Same problem here - suddenly playing the end of the game and it's all over and I've only been playing for 33 minutes. Thought this was surely the shortest, least satisfying game out there, till I realised there were places on the map I hadn't been to yet and came to the forum. This seems to happen a lot with Mac versions of games. Surely there's enough of us Mac users out there to make it worthwhile a) having more games avaialable for us (rather paltry amount compared to PC users) and b) when a game does come out, making sure it actually works?

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 4, 09 1:02 PM
Yep, add me to the list. I waited until today to download it....still starts over every time. Apparently mac users are still last on the priority list....

[Post New]by antigriz on Oct 4, 09 2:30 PM
Same saving problem here. OS x.6.1

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Oct 4, 09 3:32 PM
Same problem, not saving. Add me to the list

[Post New]by brameldon on Oct 4, 09 7:25 PM
I'm having two problems...

1. The hints don't work...

2. The game does not save. It will always take you to the beginning and you must play all over again.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 4, 09 7:35 PM
I am sorry to hear that people are having trouble saving their game with this new build of Steve the Sheriff, we will have someone look into this as soon as possible. Hopefully, this will be correct very soon.

[Post New]by mlrexx on Oct 5, 09 4:10 AM
Thank you for checking into saving the game bfgErie. Enjoy playing it just don't want to keep restarting it. Only good thing is I know where everything is and I get through areas faster.

stargirld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by stargirld on Oct 5, 09 4:22 AM
bfgErie wrote:I am sorry to hear that people are having trouble saving their game with this new build of Steve the Sheriff, we will have someone look into this as soon as possible. Hopefully, this will be correct very soon.

Great! Do you think you could convince them to actually test it this time?

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Oct 5, 09 9:58 AM
As with the others my game now starts over at the beginning instead of saving. I really think you ought to offer a completely new version of the game when you get this fixed.

I'd love to buy the game, but I won't buy it unless I can test it on my computer ahead of time, and due to the bugs I now no longer have any free time left.

My Mac info:

iMac 24"
2.14 Ghz
OSX 10.5.8
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

[Post New]by duckgirl65 on Oct 5, 09 10:33 AM
I have the "new" version, and every time I quit, when I play again, it says my previous game has been saved and do I want to resume my game, but it starts all over from the beginning. This is not fun anymore, even though I can get some great scores since I have the game memorized. I actually like the game, but I do not plan to keep it, even though it is paid for.

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Oct 5, 09 7:28 PM
It seems obvious that no one tested either version before BigFish released them to the Mac community. I can't believe there would be so many of us otherwise that are having the same problems.

[Post New]by TheFatLadySings on Oct 5, 09 7:35 PM
I got stuck on the first screen.... when the magnifier spins, directions say to open drawer, click on item and bring it to the spinning area. Nothing happens. Tried it with new player name, tried it untimed, tried on different day....stuck there. Btw, the only item in the drawer was a towel. Liked pics but no sale with that glitch.

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Oct 6, 09 9:47 AM
Why is no one giving us updates to when this will be fixed. I bought this thinking that everything would work correctly

Go to: