edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Advice: "X" out of bad screens!

[Post New]by edp1730 on Oct 23, 15 10:44 PM
Many of you may already know this. It took me several days to figure it out, so I'll share it in hopes it will help someone.

If the screen that displays is "bad" when you select a level, DON'T play it! Hit the "Pause" button (||), then use the red "X" to close it, and try again. You have to do this BEFORE making any moves, or you lose a life. On the timed levels it will ask you "Are you sure...". Just click "Yes". The game will also let you know if you are about to lose a life if you have made a move.

For me examples of "bad screens" include: 1) ones that have only 1 or 2 moves; 2) have moves that are in remote parts of the screen and appear to be of little help in solving the level; and my "favorite" 3) screens that have the colored "bombs", and there are few or NO gummies of that color on the screen. UUUGGHH

I've "X-ed" out of some levels more than 10 times before I got one I liked, and even that doesn't always work. PLEASE add your own "bad screen" examples to this post if you have any.

Major_Mom
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Advice: "X" out of bad screens!

[Post New]by Major_Mom on Oct 24, 15 3:17 AM
I did not know this. Thanks!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Advice: "X" out of bad screens!

[Post New]by edp1730 on Oct 24, 15 5:16 PM
You're welcome! I lost a BUNCH of lives playing "bad screens" - hope you fare better!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Advice: "X" out of bad screens! Barcelona 34

[Post New]by edp1730 on Nov 20, 15 11:46 PM
I had to X-out of the Architect level of Barc 34 at LEAST 15 times before I got a screen that was "winnable". The key was/is to be able to get a "lightning bolt" with the first move. Otherwise, for me at least, the stickies regenerate too fast. A properly placed Line Boost" may also work, but not nearly as likely because of all the walls.

Go to: