Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 24, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 4:46:38 AM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by 9otters on Oct 24, 15 2:30 AM
Being a lover of all things garden and flower related, I found some fun in this demo. You'll have to go to the main game page for the story.

Graphics were excellent. Voice-overs had lip movement. Music was orchestral and mood appropriate.

The game gimmick is a "florist's kit" where samples of pollen are collected in a jar and analyzed. A pair-matching mini-game is played for each sample to determine what type of flower needs to be re-created to neutralize the "bad" pollen.

We gather 3 ingredients during gameplay that are used, on a trial and error basis, to match the picture of the flower produced from the pollen. That might sound complicated, but it really isn't. Do it once and you'll get the idea. In the end, we receive a spray to clear the pollen that is keeping us from exploring different areas.

The collectibles are morphing flower cards and shoes...15 of each. Why shoes? It is a mystery to me. Even though the part of the strategy guide that is on display for the demo had scenes with shoes, the demo ended before I reached any of them. We also do not find the morphs in EVERY scene. Makes the hunt a bit more interesting...although I found the flower cards to be very obvious.

I found more HOPs than mini-games in the demo, but I saw ONLY mini-games to be re-played in the extras. UNLESS...finding all the morphs gives us access to re-play of HOPs. The game page said something about the morphs unlocking a "secret room". I hope the HOPs ARE there because they were varied and good, imo.

I did not see anything that indicated that we can go back for morphs that we might miss. It might be something I missed, but I don't THINK so...

The mini-games I saw were not brain benders and had re-set buttons. A couple of them LOOKED harder than they were.

Fourteen game and performance related achievements, NO alternate game for the HOPs, jump map, four difficulty levels, locking inventory, and an "evidence board" that is essentially a journal.

This game is far from being a trend setter, but will surely provide a few hours of entertainment on a rainy fall day. I'll probably wait for the SE because I thought the CE extras were a bit slim. Plus, today's sale wasn't very good for Game Club members.

Happy gaming to all who choose to play!

edit: No more mystery. Found out the shoes are WOODEN shoes. The game is set in the Netherlands so...wooden shoes make better sense.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 4:38:05 PM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Oct 24, 15 2:55 AM
Thanks for the great review. Sounds like fun and I'm downloading as we speak.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 24, 15 3:54 AM
Yes, thank you for the great review. Much appreciated!! Sounds great. Looking forward to playing it, especially now that I know what to do.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Oct 24, 15 4:45 AM
I too may wait on buying game.I fine sale not good for members it's a sale for anyone.Not sure if it's good enough to buy CE.Enjoy to those that do like

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 24, 15 4:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 24, 15 6:29 AM
Don't know, i was really looking forward to this game, as it is set in my country, which is a nice surprise. But only the canals do resemble, and of course there are tulips

But the story was beyond me, scenes loaded pretty slow.. annoying.
Didn't look at the strategy guide for answers, so can live without that.

HOS were nice enough!!
Minigames nice, not too difficult.
Collectables, not so much.. and easy to find.. Morps?? I never saw any..

But the changes in scenery, they resemble walking, I never like this feature, my eyes can't handle this, but that is my problem, and has nothing to do with the game. But it kinda puts me off.
It doesn't live up to the first one which i adored!!

I have a free coupon to spent, but i think I'll think about it for a few days.. See what next week brings.....

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Oct 24, 15 7:41 AM
I have never done a "review" on a game before, I usually read what others have to say, however today I can say FINALLY a game by a producer that gives us a little substance to play with. Graphics are fantastic and I love it. I wish Blam games would come up with a few more!! Very happy with this game!!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Oct 24, 15 2:43 PM
The graphics and music were beautiful in this game and I was prepared to be very pleased with it. That did not prove to be true. This is an OK game. I did like the morphing aspect to one of the hidden object areas. I appreciate innovations like that, but I felt the flower kit to be gimmicky and very repetitive. I also felt like the transitions between scenes to be painfully slow. I will definitely wait for the SE if I decide to buy this game.

Q

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Oct 24, 15 10:47 PM
So Over this game and it's black screens. I could take it if it was for 1 or 2 seconds but it is from 10 to 30 seconds, so it is a no buy for me until that is fixed. Shame because it looks like a good game.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 10:47:37 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 25, 15 7:10 AM
annetterider so sorry you are having black screens.

I'm not having any problems with this game so far and am really loving it. Lots of variety in the hos and puzzles and they're fun to do and there is lots to do and pick up. I'm even enjoying doing the Florist box though some might call it gimmicky.

Collecting the cards for me is fun as they look just like the cards that my mom collected during her early years living in France and Holland.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Oct 26, 15 3:22 PM
I had no tech issues while playing the demo. But it was just so very BORING! This is the first time that I didn't buy a CE that had no issues, and only on the premise that I was bored during the whole demo. No excitement in the game. No buy for me.

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Oct 27, 15 1:25 PM
I truly LOVE this game. I do not post reviews unless I love a game, so I don't post often.

I love the whole poisonous flower angle. The locations are stunning. The artwork is beautiful. I also like the lab on the bottom of the page to make antidotes for the room that have the poisonous mist.

Old houses, gardens, flowers, gravesites, and a band of corruption and greed that led to the town being exposed to this flower. This is a great game.

rogert87
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by rogert87 on Oct 28, 15 11:33 AM
i will not be buying this game. I could not find the pin, and so had to restart the game using a different name. After I found the pin, I could not go any further in the game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 28, 15 2:13 PM
Hello friends! Well, we have #3 in this series...yes, I have the other two. This game seemed very familiar to me, but I didn't have it on my beta list. I'm sure I did test it, but forgot to write it down. The graphics are very well done, very clear. Colors are quite nice, clear and we don't have blue all over the place! Game play was very good, no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen quite well. Voice overs and animation are very nice as well, even though the voices and the mouth movements did not sync. Music was not constant, but played the same few notes each time it played. It was okay, but got old quickly. Inventory items seem a bit small for my old eyes, but you can still identify what they are. Yikes, there is a click penalty!

HOPs are a combination of silhouettes, a certain number of each; straight lists and morphing item lists with a fast morph, so watch for them. I didn't see that you could switch to a game or puzzle. The HOPs are fairly clean and items are not hard to find, although they may take you a few seconds to find the morph items. There is a story board that opens after a few HOPs/puzzles, which gives you more insight into what is happening and why. Puzzles have been very easy and took no time to complete. Hint system is very helpful and you do have the transport feature in this game. I much prefer this over the jump map, which is a bit messy. You don't have a lot of back tracking, but enough to be glad you have the transport.

Collectibles: all I found so far are flower cards, which are quite large and very easy to spot. The SG shows shoes as well, but during the demo, I did not find any shoes. Not sure what these items do for you. A little disappointed in this.

I like the evidence board, must be the "detective" in me, although I don't see what it does for the game yet. This game is not all that challenging, has little sound FX and seldom plays music during game play, but the story just seemed to grab me from the opening scene and I find the need to play it out and see what is happening. It is a little different story than what we have been getting lately. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players. Yes, I am adding it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 29, 15 8:33 PM
Isn't it strange that there was such an outcry in the "Chimeras" forum because the German characters didn't speak with a German accent, but an American accent?

And here we are, in the Netherlands, and I don't hear a peep about the characters in this game not speaking with a Dutch accent but, again, with an American accent.

--- --- ---

About the gameplay: boring, tedious, dead. I enjoyed playing the previous "European Mystery" games, but not this one. The demo part is fun and entertaining, but after that it just goes downhill.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 2, 15 11:31 AM
I have only today tried the demo of this game and enjoyed it very much. Lovely graphics, interesting story, good puzzles and varied HOS. It's not hugely challenging but I want to get to the end of the story.

So it's a buy for me in spite of the lack of a Dutch accent, which I didn't comment on before now as I've only just played the demo. But it is ridiculous to set a game in a particular country and then have everyone speak with an American accent.

Why not just set the game in 'Anytown, USA'? Perhaps the developers are merely pandering to BFG as they are based in America, despite the fact that so many of their members are not.

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 11/02/2015 at 11:38:26 AM PST

[Post New]by DiiDii on Nov 9, 15 6:09 PM
I am feeling like a stupid old lady..I have looked and looked for the "simple pin " and can not find it. I have even went in as another name to see where I may have missed it ? I just do not see it ??? HELP PLEASE !!!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Nov 20, 15 10:05 PM
This is one of the few times when I played a game just to finish it. I found it boring and repetitive. The storyline was dull and the collectables almost impossible to find - squinting and magnifying glass required - that I gave up.

A game I regret buying.

Go to: