Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 24, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 4:46:30 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 24, 15 4:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for European Mystery: Flowers of Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 24, 15 6:30 AM
Lot of black screens between sceneries.. But I can live with it, but it takes the pace out of the game.

mareflynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mareflynn on Oct 24, 15 9:40 AM
Good Morning!

I don't normally post BUT I ran into things I have never seen before!

I use Windows 7 and all of these issues were in the demo.

Started the demo with the "player" profile. When I hit play, the game started about 4 or 5 scenes in with the inventory half full. Went back, changed the profile and it started at the beginning.

Never saw a bonus button to hit to check for collections, achievements or morphing objects so I hit the guide button. The guide came up on what looked like this game's homepage on the BFG website. It was a small block on the right side. Then I happened to notice the review stars and they were different from the game's homepage also on the website. The reviews were horrible. Every one of them stated just how glitchy the game was. This matched up with the experiences I had just encountered.

i exited out of the game and went back to BFG website. All of the reviews were great. So then I went to the forums for reviews and tech issues. I didn't find anything like what I had seen during game play.

Just wondering what in the world I did I run into? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's a big game with gorgeous graphics and I would buy it for $9.99 but not until I know these weird things won't continue to happen.

Thanks for any help!!!

[Post New]by luv_my_bagel on Oct 24, 15 3:52 PM
I had a problem with the "painting." I used the guide to finish it and it looked 100% accurate, but it wouldn't progress. Finally, had to "skip" it to continue with the game. Checked numerous times and it looked correct.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 24, 15 4:41 PM
mareflynn wrote:Good Morning!

I don't normally post BUT I ran into things I have never seen before!

I use Windows 7 and all of these issues were in the demo.

Started the demo with the "player" profile. When I hit play, the game started about 4 or 5 scenes in with the inventory half full. Went back, changed the profile and it started at the beginning.

Never saw a bonus button to hit to check for collections, achievements or morphing objects so I hit the guide button. The guide came up on what looked like this game's homepage on the BFG website. It was a small block on the right side. Then I happened to notice the review stars and they were different from the game's homepage also on the website. The reviews were horrible. Every one of them stated just how glitchy the game was. This matched up with the experiences I had just encountered.

i exited out of the game and went back to BFG website. All of the reviews were great. So then I went to the forums for reviews and tech issues. I didn't find anything like what I had seen during game play.

Just wondering what in the world I did I run into? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's a big game with gorgeous graphics and I would buy it for $9.99 but not until I know these weird things won't continue to happen.

Thanks for any help!!!

WOW, Mareflynn, it looks like your demo took a step into the Twilight Zone!
Strange beginning and I have seen problems with the SG, but, nothing like yours! Sounds like maybe beta reviews?

I would uninstall the game, manually search and delete the extraneous files that are left on the hard drive after uninstalling the game through the bfg Game App. Then redownload the game and see what happens.

I am running W7 Home Prem. Ed 64 bit and I played almost the entire demo and experienced no Tech problems at all!

Hope this helps,
BK

mareflynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mareflynn on Oct 24, 15 6:55 PM
Thanks BK!

You are correct! Weird to the max! Will try your suggestion!

I believe you were right! Downloaded again and even had scenes that weren't in the first download. I bet it was the beta. Thank you again!

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 7:12:26 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 25, 15 12:08 AM
You are very welcome, mareflynn!
I am glad I could help.

Happy Gaming!

BK

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Oct 25, 15 2:07 PM
Chose custom mode with no sparkles for active areas or HOP. Some scenes still have sparkles.

Win 7

Edited on 10/25/2015 at 2:12:39 PM PST

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on Oct 26, 15 9:35 AM
CAN NOT FIND THE PIN. THIS IS ANOTHER IN WHAT SEEMS TO BE A LONG LINE OF BIG FISH GAMES THAT DO NOT WORK. I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS IN THE PAST AND HAVE BEEN A BIG FISH GAME MEMBER FOR YEARS.

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Oct 26, 15 10:25 AM
JRDALLAS wrote:CAN NOT FIND THE PIN. THIS IS ANOTHER IN WHAT SEEMS TO BE A LONG LINE OF BIG FISH GAMES THAT DO NOT WORK. I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS IN THE PAST AND HAVE BEEN A BIG FISH GAME MEMBER FOR YEARS.

Did you check the documents in the Collectors house to find which had been pinned?

[Post New]by Coffeeladysalem on Oct 26, 15 3:10 PM

Game freezes on level where I am in bank office and supposed to use herbicide on door at top of stairs. When I click on door game freezes and gives following error: Error access violation at 0x0040f730 (tried to read from 0x00000058) program terminated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Have tried to click on another area in same room with same results. HELP

M1shin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by M1shin on Oct 26, 15 6:37 PM
stupid question...how can i get past "enter player name" to create a profile if i am using a windows tablet? using the pc version without keyboard . kbd wont open while game is running

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Oct 26, 15 6:48 PM
There are technical problems inside the "morph" room we can access thru the map.

First, it is misnamed - it is the flower card and shoes collection room.

And it is broken. There are no rollover labels telling you where those shoes and that poster come from, before or after collection. The poster leaf pole is frozen at the last poster collected, and not only is there no rollover info, it is impossible to see how many still need to be collected.

Very disappointing, this dev is usually much better at quality control.

rayhnee
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by rayhnee on Oct 30, 15 12:07 PM
So I started to play the demo and the inventory is too low on the screen as to be off the screen and I can't access it.

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by lottelein on Nov 4, 15 5:03 PM
I'm playing on Windows 7. I decided to purchase game after completing demo; when I opened game after installing full version I was taken back to beginning again with the only option being to "create new profile" to re-play scenes already done in demo. I've never seen this happen before. When I press "Play" that's the only message I get -- there's no way to pick up where I left off in demo. I guess I'll have to replay all those scenes again under different profile? It's rather exasperating!

Edited on 11/04/2015 at 5:04:42 PM PST

cass254
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cass254 on Nov 27, 15 9:59 AM
I cannot get past the hatch cover in Daniels room. I have matched everything very carefully and re-aligned it, checked it against the guide and clicked on everything but nothing happens.

[Post New]by Chapperell on Dec 7, 15 2:41 PM
I went to the crypt and there was a paper inside that I believe has the numbers on it for the briefcase in the cellar. The paper closed so fast that all I could read was "my dear brother". I thought I had done something wrong so I restarted the game but the same thing happened, I was unable to read that whole paper. Please just tell me what the numbers are for the briefcase in the cellar as my game play is stopped at this point.
Thank you,
Linda Large Oh! I'm on a pc.

[Post New]by Jacoban55 on Dec 19, 15 7:09 AM
Jaguar2357 wrote:There are technical problems inside the "morph" room we can access thru the map.

First, it is misnamed - it is the flower card and shoes collection room.

And it is broken. There are no rollover labels telling you where those shoes and that poster come from, before or after collection. The poster leaf pole is frozen at the last poster collected, and not only is there no rollover info, it is impossible to see how many still need to be collected.

Very disappointing, this dev is usually much better at quality control.

I also experienced this, and I also couldn't finish the bonus game. When mixing the ingredients for the final potion, you have vinegar, fish oil, and alcohol. One of the bowls, however, calls for cinnabar which, of course, you don't have and cannot obtain. Thus, the bonus game is unfinishable. I checked the guide and there is no mention of cinnabar. I uninstalled and reinstalled thinking there might have been a update to fix this major flaw...but no. So, money wasted for a CE with no way to finish the bonus game. If I am missing something, please let me know. I did enjoy the game, but this is a HUGE mistake on the developers part.

Go to: