bgirllui
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Tournament scores

[Post New]by bgirllui on Oct 24, 15 1:23 PM
Hi, everyone :-)

How can I get enough score to get a position in the first 100? I thought that if I used diamonds to play again, my scores would sum up, but it's always that the highest one remains. I tried very hard to be quick, not to misclick etc. and used the wheel to add some score but I ended up lower than 1000 (!) :-(

Any hints?

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Tournament scores

[Post New]by varetto123 on Oct 24, 15 1:31 PM
It's all down to the luck on the wheel at the end, and how many spins you can get. My average base score before spinning the wheel is over 135,000 but I still can't get into the top 100 because all I get on the wheel is 10% or 20% each time...you'd have to get 4 spins all at 40% or 50% to get anywhere near top place.

Pixie1313
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie1313 on Oct 24, 15 1:33 PM
I wish I knew bgirllui, it seems to me that, yes of course you need to get as good a score as possible to begin with but the most important part is to get all tokens so that you can get the maximum spins on the wheel. Without max spins you probably have no chance of entering the top places.

It's such a pity that the tournament is really based on chance and not based primarily on skill.

I have been playing the tournaments for nearly a year and got my highest place tonight, but still not in the top 100

Keep trying.
Love and Peace
Pixie xx

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Oct 24, 15 1:42 PM
And don't forget, not every round is equal. Some rounds you just don't have enough tokens available for 4 spins (sometimes not even for 3) even if you pick up every one.

Pixie, I agree - I'd love to see a tournament based on skill instead of chance. I understand that it's nice for the slower players to have a chance at winning something but it would be nice for those of us who can clear relatively quickly and accurately to have a fair chance at winning based on skill too.

Pixie1313
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie1313 on Oct 24, 15 1:52 PM
I think the game needs an addition varetto in that, I also agree that it's great for the players who for example might not be as fast as others or might not be able to see as well as other to be able to have a satisfying game. BF/Elephant could do this by giving an option of Easy, Medium, Hard for the HOS or game as a whole for example.

I challenge myself most games, monitor my scores and push for better but I also like a more casual approach sometimes.

MC is not all about rush rush rush, if all we want to do is rush then we miss what the developers/designers have done with the HOS and other parts of MC. It's a great game, but needs a little tweak so that more players of varying levels can be satisfied that they are playing with other players of similar skills/abilities.

I really hope the fishies can make a little tweak so that more can take advantage of MC.

Love and Peace
Pixie xx

MsMarmar
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by MsMarmar on Oct 24, 15 1:56 PM
Today was the first time I have never gotten any tokens in a room. That happened on more than one occasion. I did manage to get a score in the 240,000's, but still not in the top 100. I know that sounds like sour grapes, but it is discouraging. Spins on the wheel are either 10, 20 and even 0. It is a drag! JMO I don't like the three hour play either. They should spread it out so everyone in all time zones can play. Just saying.

M

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Oct 24, 15 2:05 PM
I also got a max score in the 240,000s even though I was getting what I reckon were fairly decent base scores. I was going fast enough that a couple of times out of the full 3 hours I actually lost 5% accuracy by clicking something in the order I knew it was going to come up in before it appeared in the list - I don't see how anyone can be clearing faster than that as the game just won't let you! As an experiment, I played pretty much the full 3 hours using diamonds (it's the weekend...nothing better to do) figuring that I should hit a decent set of wheel spins at least once that way - didn't happen. Loads of 0s and 10%, a few 20% and one 30%. And yes, it is discouraging to get fast times and good scores and not be able to get anywhere because of the randomness on the wheel.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Tournament scores

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Oct 24, 15 2:41 PM
bgirllui wrote:
I thought that if I used diamonds to play again, my scores would sum up, but it's always that the highest one remains.

Scores are not added together. Only the highest one counts.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 2:41:29 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 24, 15 5:31 PM
Was there another tournament run? what time was it PST please?

I am getting really peed off that they are run only for the US market and as a world wide game you would think to include those of us that are not anywhere near that time zone (asleep)

Not happy at all with BF, not fair to people in other counties, I want them to put them back to there old time slots so we all can participate

AG1

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 24, 15 5:37 PM
You're right, AG1...it's not fair at all. They ran from 11:00 to 2:00 PST.

I hope they will remedy this asap!

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 24, 15 5:48 PM
Thanks _G4il_,

Yet again it was at my 5am to 8am on a Sunday here, BF really needs to get it's act together, I haven't played in one since they were taken down,

Please BF do something about this, run tournaments for all

AG1

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 5:49:22 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Oct 24, 15 6:11 PM
Hi AG1! The tournament commenced at 4.00am (my time) so it would have been 5.00am for you. It went for 3 hours - all of it in our sleep time. _G4iL has the time in PST.

I was doing a last sweep of my game before heading to bed when I checked the tournament icon - it said tournament starting in 1 hour. Was really disappointed that again the tournament only catered for the US market & those in the northern hemisphere. Guess that Tournament Achievement is a no go again.

Edited on 10/24/2015 at 6:11:54 PM PST

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 24, 15 6:20 PM
That is such a letdown! I did get to play (USA...sorry), but I would feel exactly as you all do if I couldn't play. I'm sure they're going to make this right...I just hope it's soon.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 24, 15 6:25 PM
Hi Dot,

I am just really frustrated, all I want to do is play in one, it seams the BF are still testing, I do hope that they will start to get them back to their old time slots or near there soon, I miss playing and will be rusty at first but I will be an optimist and hope we will get to play soon,

Down under but not out, LOL

AG1

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 24, 15 6:31 PM
I surely understand your frustration!

I did notice all doors opened and it appears that all items are back on the lists. So, I do think they're about done with testing. Fingers crossed!

Go to: