myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

the painting

[Post New]by myshania on Oct 24, 15 2:39 PM
did anyone have trouble with the painting ?? I mean I would select the parts to paint then press the right color but nothing would paint or it would just go all yellow or something??

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:the painting

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 24, 15 2:47 PM
Yes, I also was not able to paint the porcelain. I tried many combinations, but nothing seemed to work and I had to skip it.

[Post New]by luv_my_bagel on Oct 24, 15 3:49 PM
I used the guide to finish the painting, but it still didn't "work." Everything looked exactly right, but it didn't recognize the painting was "finished." Had to skip it to continue with the game.

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Oct 24, 15 3:58 PM
thank you!! LOL thought it was just me. I also looked at the guide and tried several times. It must be a glitch

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Oct 25, 15 6:52 AM
Same here. I thought maybe I had to select all the pieces of the same color then push the paint color but that didn't work either.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Oct 25, 15 7:51 AM
The paint has to flow from one area to another. You press all the areas to be yellow and then press areas from yellow bottle to them. Once painted do a different color etc. Several areas will be painted over until all are as should be. Too much trouble for me. Skipped

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 25, 15 3:11 PM
fluffyalso wrote:The paint has to flow from one area to another. You press all the areas to be yellow and then press areas from yellow bottle to them. Once painted do a different color etc. Several areas will be painted over until all are as should be. Too much trouble for me. Skipped

Thanks for figuring it out and letting us know.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 26, 15 4:20 AM
I had the same problem, tried and tried, I skipped it! Overall the game is interesting and well done, but I wonder if will I encounter other tech problems during the rest of the game? Let us know , please, if it's worth the play!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 26, 15 7:23 PM
I figured it out. You have place the hand in the middle of the paintbrush and put the middle (not the brush) on the middle of the plate.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 1, 15 5:58 AM
abarrett wrote:
fluffyalso wrote:The paint has to flow from one area to another. You press all the areas to be yellow and then press areas from yellow bottle to them. Once painted do a different color etc. Several areas will be painted over until all are as should be. Too much trouble for me. Skipped

Thanks for figuring it out and letting us know.

I got that part figured out, what is stumping me is where the yellow
paint is located, that is where the color blue goes (for the bottom
of the dress), so to get the outer part yellow, you have to push
down the blue dress part.
SG guide makes it look like you do not have to push that part, but then'
the yellow will not flow.
I hate skipping, but might not have any choice.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 1, 15 10:04 PM
I just followed the steps shown in the SG and didn't have to skip at all.

I have played this sort of puzzle successfully before, but this one, I think was the hardest I have come across.

Thank heavens the SG showed a several step solution.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Nov 5, 15 7:34 AM
tookat wrote:I just followed the steps shown in the SG and didn't have to skip at all.

I have played this sort of puzzle successfully before, but this one, I think was the hardest I have come across.

Thank heavens the SG showed a several step solution.

I've skipped it too but thanks to you tookat when I play again I will pay close attention to the SG !

Go to: