Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

windows 10

[Post New]by 1319 on Oct 25, 15 2:55 PM
played this game on both of my computers, but I can't play it on either one since I put windows 10 on them, I can still play the other royal envoy games on both of my computers

boozysoozy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:windows 10

[Post New]by boozysoozy on Nov 7, 15 7:23 AM
I received an error on both this and collectors if anyone is listening and I have windows 10. As well it came up unknown error.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

Re:windows 10

[Post New]by plat1098 on Dec 23, 15 9:11 AM
Me neither, no can do. Had to revert to Windows 8.1 recently, could play just fine. Back to Windows 10: initially a 806700 error (fixed), then a D3DERR NOT AVAILABLE--? I have latest Direct X, but maybe this game is not compatible? Any help or ideas? Love this game and all the Royal Envoys, shame I can't play this one.

Edit to add info: After exhausting every possibility, including buying the game from the developer's site, I successfully installed and ran the game. I did so by going to another site altogether and buying it using updated and therefore different purchasing information than I had used with BFG and the developer's site. It's bad coding somewhere, the game runs fine on Windows 10 without using any kind of compatibility mode. Wish I could get my $$ back from someone somewhere, grrrrr. Oh well.

Furthermore, it seems if you had this game installed and on your desktop like I did, and then did the "upgrade" (yeah, right) to Windows 10, you may have encountered this serious problem. Like I said, it ultimately runs fine on W10.

Edited on 06/02/2016 at 4:13:59 PM PST

windows 10

[Post New]by GardenMan99 on Jul 5, 16 2:37 PM
1319 wrote:played this game on both of my computers, but I can't play it on either one since I put windows 10 on them, I can still play the other royal envoy games on both of my computers

Same here. Have both RE and RE Campaign. Both worked in Win7. Upgraded to Win10 and RE doesn't work. Campaign does.

In RE I get the error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE. I have the latest driver for my GTX 770 Video card. It's a stable driver and all other games work, just not RE.

I highly believe this is an RE bug.

EDIT: The Win10 Anniversary update fixed the game for me.

Edited on 08/07/2016 at 8:59:50 AM PST

Go to: