Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Starting to hate this game

[Post New]by Capatin on Oct 25, 15 10:41 PM
I am glad it a free to play and sorry for the money wasted on this thing it very frustrating when you still have moves you can make and it goes you have no moves left and takes your life should have put the money into nightfall instead of this waste of time

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Starting to hate this game

[Post New]by luvmigame on Oct 26, 15 4:16 AM
Good morning. Some of the levels have a limited number of moves you can make. Even though you may still be able to see moves you can make, you have run out of the number of moves allowed.

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Oct 26, 15 2:27 PM
Still makes it frustrating yet thanks

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Nov 13, 15 5:56 PM
There is a special place in Hell for whoever came up with level 3 on Paris 85! I was almost through the board when that nasty little tornado wiped out my move! Oh, how I hate that thing!

[Post New]by linnybopeep on Dec 4, 15 4:21 PM
I can totally relate to the disgust for that tornado! It's one of a few things about this game that makes me want to quit. But I love the game so I keep going back for more torture. I've quit a couple times and keep going back. Maybe next time I'll quit for good.
Hate the 1. Tornados
2. No/very little help when you can't figure out what to do
3. Shuffles more than once when I obliviously see I had good moves to make
4. Not enough opportunities to generate coins
5. No way to find other players to add
6. Certain levels have no moves starting early on and even after 1st move

I think that is the complete list of things I wish would improve on this game so I won't keep quitting. Might need to add to it later though. I hope the right people see this thread.

[Post New]by Chesai70 on Dec 6, 15 5:08 AM
linnybopeep wrote:I can totally relate to the disgust for that tornado! It's one of a few things about this game that makes me want to quit. But I love the game so I keep going back for more torture. I've quit a couple times and keep going back. Maybe next time I'll quit for good.
Hate the 1. Tornados

I think that is the complete list of things I wish would improve on this game so I won't keep quitting. Might need to add to it later though. I hope the right people see this thread.

To generate coins I do all the side games to the three levels. I've got 11500 coins saved up so it's definitely a good way to make them. I don't use boosts unless it's absolutely necessary. Maybe one in every 8 games I might need a shovel or extra turn.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 6, 15 5:56 AM
Chesai70 wrote:
linnybopeep wrote:I can totally relate to the disgust for that tornado! It's one of a few things about this game that makes me want to quit. But I love the game so I keep going back for more torture. I've quit a couple times and keep going back. Maybe next time I'll quit for good.
Hate the 1. Tornados

To generate coins I do all the side games to the three levels. I've got 11500 coins saved up so it's definitely a good way to make them. I don't use boosts unless it's absolutely necessary. Maybe one in every 8 games I might need a shovel or extra turn.

Well I don't think this is the point. I fully agree and have posted about it elsewhere that there is not enough gold in the game- what bothers me most is that, except for meagre amounts to be won during Gold Fever and the occasional lottery wins, the amount you can get is FIXED! Once you get to master, that's it. We should be able to get more for replaying after Master. It's only fair to be paid in currency and not only in kind for our hard work!

I too only use extra moves and shovels, but am always broke! To use them so sparingly and amass 11k, I would have to play each level at least 20 times! I wouldn't mind that either, if lives weren't replenished so slowly.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Dec 6, 15 9:49 AM
Chesai70...
You don't say what country you are in but you have to be the exemplarily Gummy Dropper!, if you truly have change like that I need to bow down.... I also feel some games have better "odds"... mine totally blows! Just like the fellow whose game was extremely generous in the slots/Japan.... Definitely not the norm.... Enjoy it while it lasts.....

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 6, 15 7:04 PM
Can you explain what you mean by "side games to the three levels"?
Thanks. I am in Seoul but could use a hint on getting coins. Maybe I missed something.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Dec 6, 15 9:29 PM
[Removed by Moderator] Unless you've spent lots of your own real money, there's no way you've amassed 11,500 coins in this game.

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 2:08:06 PM PST

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Dec 6, 15 11:48 PM
snowmanvt wrote:Can you explain what you mean by "side games to the three levels"?
Thanks. I am in Seoul but could use a hint on getting coins. Maybe I missed something.

SF 112-1 and 112-2 are examples of "side games". He's talking about beating all three levels (Intern, Arch, & Master Builder). I do the same thing when I'm running low on gold. That saves the "regular" levels for the Daily Deals & Gold Fever. To amass 11,500 coins, you'd have to beat all three levels on 115 side games, without spending any. I can see how that's possible - if a person has been playing long enough.

Edited on 12/06/2015 at 11:51:45 PM PST

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Dec 7, 15 4:54 AM
Capedcat wrote:[Removed by Moderator] Unless you've spent lots of your own real money, there's no way you've amassed 11,500 coins in this game.

Uhm, well, didnt want to put this on here but i have 23.273 goldcoins saved. And i didnt spend any real money. Í'm in paris now, and only use a shovel and sometimes an extra 5 turns but only in a masterlevel.
I dont use those helping hand cards, but ship alot.
Sell my bricks in Sidney, hats in tokyo, and pink gems in NewYork.

Funny that you react that way, because i really thought i s*cked at this game!haha
Didnt realizes that gold was an issue for some players in this game.
I play all the levels and only skip the timed levels if possible. And when i lost all three lives i'm out and come back an hour later. I guess the luxury of time gives me an advange?

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 2:10:40 PM PST

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Dec 7, 15 9:33 PM
Having time to let the lives regenerate is a HUGE advantage for me. I'm retired, so I can go do something else, and just come back in an hour and have 3 + more lives to use. My problem is PATIENCE! LOL It's pretty common for me, after several failed attempts, to use 1 or more boosts to get past a level.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Dec 7, 15 10:39 PM
Chelsai: I dare say the "coin issue" is the number one complaint from many, many players....there's simply just not enough! Woe is me....
Capatin: I feel your Pain! I'm right there with you... cannot offer coin but am languishing with you..
Caped:

[Post New]by Chesai70 on Dec 8, 15 5:25 AM
sanzi19 wrote:
Capedcat wrote:[Removed by Moderator] Unless you've spent lots of your own real money, there's no way you've amassed 11,500 coins in this game.

Uhm, well, didnt want to put this on here but i have 23.273 goldcoins saved. And i didnt spend any real money. Í'm in paris now, and only use a shovel and sometimes an extra 5 turns but only in a masterlevel.
I dont use those helping hand cards, but ship alot.
Sell my bricks in Sidney, hats in tokyo, and pink gems in NewYork.

Funny that you react that way, because i really thought i s*cked at this game!haha
Didnt realizes that gold was an issue for some players in this game.
I play all the levels and only skip the timed levels if possible. And when i lost all three lives i'm out and come back an hour later. I guess the luxury of time gives me an advange?

Thanks for stepping in, nice to see I'm not the only one with spare change for the bus. ;-) For the person/s that asked, I've finished Cairo and am just going back through doing the side games til,the next city opens up. The last five cities were pretty easy so that's something for people to look forward to. I wasn't looking for arguments and would happily post a screen shot if I could but I can't see where I can add pics. Have spent money in the past for extra lives etc but haven't needed to for a long time.

No point in being a stress head over a game. If it's fun, play. If it's not, don't. If you get stuck ask for help. I love the game. It's been helping me avoid work for a while now. :-D

Edited on 12/11/2015 at 2:11:13 PM PST

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Dec 9, 15 12:45 PM
Well, I am only in NYC (level 40, difficulty 3, grmbl!!) and have about 26'000 coins. I never used real money, never bought a life, never sold any resources (never thought about it actually, great idea!) and never played slots (well I did when it opened but lost everything I had planned to play in a tic anyway). I play all daily quests or almost (even though I know it is not really interesting apart from the gold ones). And never needed to replay a level unless it was part of a daily quest. Oh and I never open a chest unless it is free. And I've stopped using helping hands unless I really need them now (green gems). I've also stopped buying resource marts (?) when I reached SF. I can only play in the evening and during the weekend and not all the time. I guess what you need is play every difficulty of every level and ... be patient! :-) Maybe I'll need to spend more coins when I reach other cities though, time will tell!

I totally agree that we should get coins when replaying levels, at least when it is part of a daily quest or when you beat a record for example. Not getting anything but resources is definitely frustrating.

But all in all, I am having fun so far! <little happy dance>
Happy gaming and good luck!

P.S. Haha after 2 days of fighting, I just got past that level right after having posted. I should come in here and post more often!! ;-)

Edited on 12/09/2015 at 1:05:22 PM PST

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Dec 10, 15 9:44 AM
I get it, Theorem. I had about the same amount of coins when I was in NY. I can't begin to think about catching up with the game (I'm in Seoul now) but enjoy playing and chilling. Play the master levels, major coin there. A lot of the time master is easier than arch, and it always seems easier to go back to past cities master levels. I would only suggest buying the resource selling thing, and the 5 lives thing is nice as well. I've never bought coins. (Well, I did buy 500 coins that one time when they were 99 cents.)

Go to: