siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Pet Count

[Post New]by siberlene on Oct 26, 15 8:59 AM
Working towards the Pet Achievement I was finally able to craft the Turkey Pilgrim. However, he didn't show up in my Pet Count. I had 17 in the Achievement section before I crafted him and had 17 after I crafted him. So I counted all my pets. I have 20 in total so not counting the one that came with the game I've crafted 19. I even exited the game but still it only shows 17. Anyone else with this problem?

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

Re:Pet Count

[Post New]by wishtar on Oct 26, 15 2:45 PM
You should bring this to the tech thread. See many people have read this and not responded and am guessing its because they already had the 20 pets prior to this. That's the case with me but it is possible that that it wasn't connected. Let them know and good luck!!

FionaN
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by FionaN on Oct 26, 15 2:53 PM
Hi Siberlene

I'm probably going way off tack here, but i think the Halloween pets don't count because they are not hatched from eggs.
Just a thought!

Fiona

Edited on 10/26/2015 at 2:54:27 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 26, 15 3:03 PM
Well, if it is in the inventory section under "pets" -- I would assume it is considered a pet regardless of where it came from.

Of course, a Jack-in-the-Box and an Pumpkin are quite unusual pets, IMHO....

So, I would suggest as wishtar did, that you contact Tech Support. If they tell you that only pets from eggs count toward the achievement, please post in this chat to let the rest of us know.

If they say they don't count --- most of us in the game would most definitely disagree to that decision!

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 26, 15 3:07 PM
Yes, many of haven't had a problem because we already had the achievement. BUT, the Halloween pets SHOULD count as most of them have had to be crafted.
Many months ago, I did have this problem..think it was after the level 18 lockout when no pets I had done had counted but thankfully that was resolved and plus after that there are so many pets it can be done.
But do please post in the tech thread and also write to CS because it was a crafted pet and should have been counted

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Oct 26, 15 7:01 PM
Thanks, all. I'm not going to contact tech support right now about this because they are working on a much bigger issue for me right now. I've been stuck on one task since October 11th because I can't enter the Grand Alter in the Chapel. The Keeper of the Castle wants me to examine the Grand Alter (the 2nd task of 7 that he requires) I'd rather have that fixed first so I can progress in the game. I can't move on until I can go in there. I'm completely stalled.

Once that is resolved I'll ask about the pet count. My other Halloween pets added to the pet count so I think this might be a glitch. And I'm *this* close to the achievement. I joined the game too late for the Christmas pets and was too new to know what the game wanted to realize I should have been crafting Spring pets instead of gifting everything away.

I'm close to crafting another pet and if it doesn't add to the count either I'll post here.

Go to: