Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Lisa #2884 is no longer playing

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Oct 26, 15 4:00 PM
Hey guys: My computer crashed big time due to a bug that got in. Lost my game save. Have decided it is not worth it to start over - too much money, diamonds and inventory to make up. Please delete me from your friends list so you do not waste your inventory sending gifts.

UPDATE: BFG Tech staff restored my game progress and my new friend code is: 506016

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 11:14:29 PM PST

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Lisa #2448 is no longer playing

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Oct 26, 15 4:17 PM
You don't have to start over. If you get your PC fixed, you just need to reinstall the game then send a ticket to customer support with your old and new ID numbers and they will restore it for you. The only thing they can't transfer are your friends.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Lisa #2448 is no longer playing

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 26, 15 4:19 PM
Hi Lestat195,

I'm sorry to hear that your computer crashed and your progress alone with in game currency is lost. I definitely understand not wanting to start over. If you would like to troubleshoot, our Technical Support Team can definitely help to look into this for you. They have the tools to help manually move over progress in certain situations. If you are seeing a new player ID number, please contact the Technical Support Team with that number as well as your original player ID. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Lisa #2884 is no longer playing

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Oct 26, 15 9:39 PM
Wow, I did not know that Tech Support might be able to help with this! Thanks, Jackie and Belle. I will re-download the game and send a ticket and hope for the best!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Oct 26, 15 10:38 PM
Hi Lisa,

Before you do that, make a note of your friend's id if you can. When they restore your game you could find you have lost your friends.

You will need your old ID and new ID to tell the techies, Sorry if I am telling you what you already know.

Cheers,

Trixie

ETA, just re-read Jackie34918's post. I have pumpkin brain at present.

Edited on 10/26/2015 at 10:39:16 PM PST

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Nov 8, 15 7:19 AM
Okay so I submitted a Dr. Felix report along with a summary of the PC crash and received a reply, the context was the standard list of tech issues and how to fix them - none of which apply to my situation. Tech did not address my specific issue nor did they respond to my second request for help. If they are unable to help me with this, the least they could do is respond with an explanation of why they are unable to do so. It would be the polite thing to do!

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 7:20:54 AM PST

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Nov 8, 15 7:26 AM
Lestat, have you replied to that standard mail ????? If not yet done, please do so and tell them that it did not help at all. Keep replying to that kind of mail until you get a reply from a real person.

MsMarmar
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by MsMarmar on Nov 8, 15 10:28 AM
Lestat195 wrote:Okay so I submitted a Dr. Felix report along with a summary of the PC crash and received a reply, the context was the standard list of tech issues and how to fix them - none of which apply to my situation. Tech did not address my specific issue nor did they respond to my second request for help. If they are unable to help me with this, the least they could do is respond with an explanation of why they are unable to do so. It would be the polite thing to do!

Sorry for your trouble with your computer, and gernespieler is right, keep replying to that response you got, it has a work number on it. I do know from recent experience that they are busy, but someone will contact you, sometimes takes a week. I know your frustration, but be patient. If you don't hear back be the squeaky wheel.

M

Go to: