dukielass
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Day 3

[Post New]by dukielass on Oct 26, 15 5:53 PM
Off to Romania again, cannot remember which mode, I am feeling rather airsick, it is a bumpy ride with the fuel not dropping as much

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Day 3

[Post New]by lpcb on Oct 26, 15 9:46 PM
That's how it goes, by the end of this it will al but dry up, or it will be costing us.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Oct 27, 15 2:34 AM
My fuel is getting low also. Back to the IEI routine. lol.

I refuse, on principle, to spend GOLD on fuel.

Wish I could gift some of my Fort Knox of GOLD to those who need it. Hmm - is there a roundabout way?

Cheers

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 27, 15 3:50 AM
I have not gotten through my store of Italy collections I had tucked away yet. Reckon tomorrow I will start getting into Egypt. My goal was to get through this quest series using the cheapest to attain collections and then finish up what I have left to build the AES compound.

I do see that it would have been better to pay to open Romania early - would not have been such a struggle for screws on all those builds. The cookie jars would have replaced what it cost (not that I did not believe this in the first place, because I did, but wanted to see how it would play out). Next time I play through I will do Romania before opening Spain, keep that one for the finishing up.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Oct 27, 15 4:27 AM
Oddly- I opened Spain and Romania as soon as I could with GOLD. They have paid me back with GOLD and FUEL.

Never regretted opening early. Now I am GURUed in both and that helped for Halloween.

But my one and only game has so many glitches (time machine is glaring white space, can't do the last jewel for the crown, etc).

Where to go from here?

Perhaps start a second game. At least Game 1 could help out new game and I could hope for avoiding glitches in new game.

So close, yet so far away (AES compound built, dresses in Pirate garb, yet no Achievement).

My game has been a wonderful pastime for me for more than 2 years, only to fail because of the dam PIRATES.

Cheers

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 27, 15 4:37 AM
I figured they all had it right but wanted to play it straight through. Now I see how easy it would have made things, wish I had too. After all, good use for gold.

With the new game three - it is on a different laptop so it will be transferring coins from other games. I don't think I will play the countries again so I might restart that one, once I finish the Missing Paintings.

I try other games and they bore me witless from the get go. So I will just play the first part of this one over and over and take my time about it. I had thought about not transferring coins from the other game to it and then it took four days to get to the auction. Once there, the poor new old puter just could not keep up and boy, with only 1 MG of RAM did it get the fade to black quickly and more often. New old puter is going to 2 MG of Ram and I am going to have someone I know work on drivers and such and see if it can be speeded up. <chuckling at self> Now that I think about it, this is all rather silly - buying new batteries, power cords, and having a ten year old lap top souped up to play ART. But I do love the game.

Edited on 10/27/2015 at 4:38:37 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Oct 27, 15 5:06 AM
I was pleasantly surprised today by the good drop rate of fuel in Romania - reported elsewhere as well. But as always, that could just be the (random) luck of the draw! But we are also getting the medieval Rams with the payout in gold, to buy more fuel, which is helpful.
I am assuming that as with Pirates Day, we probably need to hold back on claiming the Halloween jar collection until it appears as a quest.....
In the meantime, there does not seem much else to do. But hey, I guess we were not expecting anything spectacular!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 27, 15 5:28 AM
Agreed, we weren't expecting much. But I find it pleasant and have not been annoyed once yet. Wish I could say the same for Pirate's Day. I like the spooky mansion. All of the art work on the countries is beautiful but Spain and Romania are particularly nice, I think.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Oct 27, 15 7:35 AM
mpendo wrote: I refuse, on principle, to spend GOLD on fuel.

But why? There is no possibility to use the gold - or did I miss something? I had Romania open (since long) and I possess the truck, the cat and so on. I've over 600 gold left still - and so I use it for fuel sometimes. IEI is so boring after some month....

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 27, 15 11:44 AM
barbarasofie wrote:

But why? There is no possibility to use the gold - or did I miss something? I had Romania open (since long) and I possess the truck, the cat and so on. I've over 600 gold left still - and so I use it for fuel sometimes. IEI is so boring after some month....

I agree with you! I have no problem spending gold on fuel. After the announcement, there's no reason to hoard it. The game is over as far as needing gold for anything.. once you have all the items required..

Makes it a lot saner than repeatedly going to the early countries and putting together collections.. I'm actually enjoying Halloween because of it.

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on Oct 27, 15 11:51 AM
barbarasofie wrote:

I can see why some refuse to spend their gold, I'm one of them. lol I have upgraded and bought everything I could and still have 5000 gold. lol I'm hoping to take it with me when I start a new game, I do not relish the idea of shoveling snow to get enough money to play. I started during Val day and didn't complete any of it so no rewards, so it's been pretty harsh. Now that I'm loaded the whole game is so simple. You can buy what you want, upgrade, when ever, so simple. I will do my very best to take it with me. Yes playing IEI is boring but I seem to notice that the faster you play them the more fuel you get. Maybe I lost it somewhere on the wharf, but that how it seems to me. If you do a little every day, it's not so bad. But NO I won't spend my gold.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 27, 15 11:55 AM
lpcb wrote:
barbarasofie wrote:

I can see why some refuse to spend their gold, I'm one of them. lol I have upgraded and bought everything I could and still have 5000 gold. lol I'm hoping to take it with me when I start a new game, I do not relish the idea of shoveling snow to get enough money to play. I started during Val day and didn't complete any of it so no rewards, so it's been pretty harsh. Now that I'm loaded the whole game is so simple. You can buy what you want, upgrade, when ever, so simple. I will do my very best to take it with me. Yes playing IEI is boring but I seem to notice that the faster you play them the more fuel you get. Maybe I lost it somewhere on the wharf, but that how it seems to me. If you do a little every day, it's not so bad. But NO I won't spend my gold.

That's one aspect that I like about this game.. everyone has a different strategy.. and no one way is correct or the best..

** except my way.. which is to spend that gold

ALFHUG
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ALFHUG on Oct 27, 15 12:02 PM
You can spend gold earn more gold I spend 100 on fuel and after I had traveled to Romania 10 times I cashed in on the Halloween and Medievil Ran Cookie Jar collections and gained 140 gold and still had 9 of the 20 fuel left

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Oct 27, 15 4:57 PM
ALFHUG - you are right - any way you look at it, opening Spain and Romania early - you win anyway.

It's not that I'm a miser that I don't spend GOLD on fuel - it's just that I don't need to.

I'm thinking that there may be a way to use my GOLD to help out others.

I do IEI every morning as I wake up and drink my Java. It is still enjoyable, I could almost do it blindfolded.

I don't hoard anything. I just find a way to share.

Cheers

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 27, 15 5:34 PM
While I never intend on playing the country based second part of the game again; if I had the gold from the glitch I so would have bought my way out of it. I can see a couple variations of replaying game, through the Fixing the Plane (which I actually liked) or maybe, just maybe through the blue prints. Don't care about AES building or exhibits (despite how pretty they are).

There is no point in hoarding anything any more.... there is nothing else to spend it on. But you can't even give the gold away.

OOOO, there is another approach to replaying the game.... Prove how long it takes to play the game from start to finish, by buying your way out of every quest, opening of a site, or quest. <thinking about this> Heh. Nah.

Go to: