Game reset?????

[Post New]by peachers on Oct 5, 09 12:55 PM
Ok, so I bought this game 2 days ago and when I went on to play it, it exited out once I opened it. When I opened it again, the whole game completely reset O.o Is there any way that I can recover what I had already done in the game???

Re:Game reset?????

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Oct 24, 09 8:02 PM
I'm having a similar issue. I'm playing on a Macintosh. Every time I've been made a master chocolatier (that is, fulfilled all the quests etc and made my way through the entire recipe book), it resets me. I've saved and reopened the game, and I'm back at square one. It doesn't save my 'old' game, it doesn't list me in the local high scores and I have to start all over again. It's aggravating because I'd amassed a 100 million dollar empire and then *poof* it was gone

If anyone knows wth is happening, please let us know!

Corythosaur
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Game crashing on a Macintosh

[Post New]by Corythosaur on Jan 15, 10 11:49 PM
I had the game crash on a Macintosh. Just started playing today.

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Jan 18, 10 4:54 PM
well, I've played and played and played this game, and I've noticed that if I change player (I've saved one in the roster as just a placeholder) and then save and quit, if I go back in and change player from the placeholder back to my current player, it doesn't lose my information anymore . Now, I'm just replaying and replaying to better my previous scores.

I ran disk utility and repaired the permissions and directories and it's running at optimum now.

[Post New]by webs88 on Jun 24, 10 12:04 PM
@swisscheese1
Could you explain a bit more what you did to not loose the game. I just lost everything yesterday and that after almost a night session ;-) with a lot of chocolate ...
Why to run disk utility and which permissions needed to be repaired?
Sorry, if question´s too stupid - I am Mac and Game beginner.
Thanks

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Jun 24, 10 2:41 PM
sorry--the running the disk permissions had nothing to do with my saved games. I did that because everything on my Mac was running really choppy. (That happens when you leave tons of windows open all the time, like i tend to do)

As for saving the game, when you have the main menu, you can change player. I do that before I quit the game. Whatever player I'm currently playing (especially once I've become a Master Chocolatier) I save, then I change player to a blank file I've just called 'dummy placeholder' and *then* I quit the application. Next time I play, I click on the Chocolatier icon in my games folder, and once it opens, I click on 'change player' and then I select whatever game file I'm currently working on. That way I am never opening or closing my current game file with the opening and closing of the actual game application. I don't know why that works, but it does.

nancy3636
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by nancy3636 on Dec 23, 10 3:34 PM
swisscheese1, thank you, thank you, thank you! How did you ever figure that one out? It works!

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on Dec 24, 10 12:52 PM
lol... you're welcome Nancy....

I wouldn't so much say 'figured out' as I would say 'stumbled upon'.....

My husband suggested that when I told him what had happened cause something similar happened to him at one point while playing one of his games. He thinks it had something to do with an automatic Mac system update (you know, when 'software update' informs you to update something or other).... I lost my progress a couple of times and then did as above, and everything's been fine since then.
weirdness

[Post New]by 1cokeboy on Jan 3, 11 4:03 PM
My game not only resets on mac but it also unlocks all the ports and has no recipes. Please help!!!

[Post New]by spere96 on Jan 16, 11 7:17 PM
1cokeboy wrote:My game not only resets on mac but it also unlocks all the ports and has no recipes. Please help!!!

[b]exactly WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! it keeps happening!

[Post New]by camolanphy on Jan 25, 11 11:40 AM
Same problem here. Definitely going to try the SwissCheese trick... thank you!

Just got through an e-mail session with Big Fish Games Customer Support, and basically they say that they're working on it and there might be an update with a fix at some point, but not now.

At the time it first happened I thought it was a function of the whole "Game Manager" thing, which I was using for the first time with this version of Chocolatier. It seems pretty superfluous and likely to cause problems... :^P

[Post New]by Sisipit on May 28, 11 7:47 AM
I'm so sory, I'm quite new for this forum, but I've a big problem. I've just downloading Chocolatier decadence by Design game. After a while playing it, suddenly my computer shut down and then on again by itself, and of course my game level is only the halve from the last time before the comp shut down itself. Is it the same problem like all of you or I have serious different issue . Is anybody can help me what to do. Because the time to play it became shorter and shorter everytime. And the worse is my comp is off and on again by itself (without my permission, of course ).
Thank you for all your answer.

[Post New]by Winna507 on Jul 21, 11 6:35 AM
Tks for the suggestion to not exit / save until you change your player. It actually worked for me. I can always tell when it is going to happen, the game doesn't open up the 1st time I try. Was getting sick of restarting. Tks again

[Post New]by Whimseh on Aug 16, 11 10:18 PM
Having the same issue on Mac OS X 10.6.8!!

Go to: