GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Maximizing Income (Contains "Spoilers")

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 5, 09 2:05 PM
If you believe figuring out mechanisms is part of this game, and want no help with what the tutorials leave obscure, close this post now. (Or read it after you've finished the game and attended the final reception.) From your PoV, the following are major Spoilers.

But me, I believe all the following should have been made explicit in the game.

“SPOILERS”

1. See my post "Maximizing Popularity (Contains 'Spoilers')". This is essential.

2. The statement in the Level 3 tutorial is grossly misleading--at least, it was to me: "the mall's popularity and income are closely related." Increasing the Popularity of the mall as a whole has absolutely no effect on income. So putting in an Elevator, installing an Info booth--or hiring Security, even if it worked as indicated--is a waste of time and money unless it's an explicit goal of the Level

The income from a Store or Entertainment is equal to its current individual Popularity times the first $ amount from its data card, with any additions to the amount from upgrades.

So as you can see in the Level 1 tutorial, the daily income from each Clothing Store is initially $300. And as soon as you have 3 of them, each earns $450 per day.

3. You could note the following for yourself, if you stopped and looked. But of course you'd lose so much time doing so that you couldn’t get the medal for a level without restarting. If you don’t mind having it done for you, here’s some info.

* The amount of money that something costs to build (the 2nd $ amount on its data card) may be significantly more or less than its first day’s income, but is always in the ballpark.

* All Entertainments are more profitable than all Stores except the Department Store. The 3-wide Entertainments are more profitable than even that.

* The Stores are listed in order of increasing profitability with one exception: The Toy Store pays better than the Computer Store. Same with Entertainments, with its exception that the Arcade doesn’t pay as well as the Movie Theater.

Edited on 10/05/2009 at 2:07:16 PM PST

Kirbyrock
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Maximizing Income (Contains "Spoilers")

[Post New]by Kirbyrock on Dec 8, 09 5:50 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:If you believe figuring out mechanisms is part of this game, and want no help with what the tutorials leave obscure, close this post now. (Or read it after you've finished the game and attended the final reception.) From your PoV, the following are major Spoilers.

But me, I believe all the following should have been made explicit in the game.

“SPOILERS”

1. See my post "Maximizing Popularity (Contains 'Spoilers')". This is essential.

2. The statement in the Level 3 tutorial is grossly misleading--at least, it was to me: "the mall's popularity and income are closely related." Increasing the Popularity of the mall as a whole has absolutely no effect on income. So putting in an Elevator, installing an Info booth--or hiring Security, even if it worked as indicated--is a waste of time and money unless it's an explicit goal of the Level

The income from a Store or Entertainment is equal to its current individual Popularity times the first $ amount from its data card, with any additions to the amount from upgrades.

So as you can see in the Level 1 tutorial, the daily income from each Clothing Store is initially $300. And as soon as you have 3 of them, each earns $450 per day.

3. You could note the following for yourself, if you stopped and looked. But of course you'd lose so much time doing so that you couldn’t get the medal for a level without restarting. If you don’t mind having it done for you, here’s some info.

* The amount of money that something costs to build (the 2nd $ amount on its data card) may be significantly more or less than its first day’s income, but is always in the ballpark.

* All Entertainments are more profitable than all Stores except the Department Store. The 3-wide Entertainments are more profitable than even that.

* The Stores are listed in order of increasing profitability with one exception: The Toy Store pays better than the Computer Store. Same with Entertainments, with its exception that the Arcade doesn’t pay as well as the Movie Theater.
Wow you sure type a LOT of stuff!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Maximizing Income (Contains "Spoilers")

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 23, 12 7:47 PM
And you uselessly reprinted it all.

Bored, were you?

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Maximizing Income (Contains "Spoilers")

[Post New]by Freka on Sep 19, 12 8:08 AM
I see you got it to run, George. I can't and am not going to waste any more time.
However, I don't think your "spoilers" are spoilers. They sound like essential information for playing the game.

Go to: