GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Dissing the Disabled?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 5, 09 2:14 PM
The game implies that having an easily accessible elevator in a mall is a fillip, something that adds no more to its popularity than does a really good shoe store.

Apparently where Kelly works isn't subject to the Americans with Disability Act, or to the good sense that led to it.

Re:Dissing the Disabled?

[Post New]by Tammiesueb on Oct 30, 09 9:32 PM
First of all, I completely agree with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it's a great thing our government has done. BUT, this is a computer game, and not one of the great ones. either. Get over it. If all games had to conform to government standards, we would still be playing Pong. ( Which was good for its' time.)

Kirbyrock
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Dissing the Disabled?

[Post New]by Kirbyrock on Dec 8, 09 5:47 PM
What?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Dissing the Disabled?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 23, 12 3:01 PM
tiggerg, see if you like the following, totally divorced from reality:

Hearty salesman type, slightly drunk: "I got a great joke for you. What do you do when your dishwasher stops working?"

Other hearty salesman type, even drunker: "I dunno, Joe, whaddaya do?"

First hearty salesman: "You slap her!"

If you sincerely enjoyed that poor pun w/o qualms, then you are capable of utterly escaping from reality. If it left a bad taste in your head because it disses wives and/or domestic help, then you aren't. Any more than the rest of us. You just happen to have different sensitivities.

And of course people can enjoy any game for what it's worth, WITH a political reaction to irritate them, too. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Go to: