amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Magic shards for Trina?

[Post New]by amminnc on Oct 27, 15 10:58 AM
Trina wants magic shards, and I know how to "disenchant" an inventory item to (I think) turn it into a magic shard. I also find magic shards in my private room. And my inventory screen, in the upper right hand corner, shows that I have a bunch of magic shards. But how do I get these magic shards to Trina? Nothing happens when I click on them, and I can't seem to access them. They are on the inventory screen but I can't get them to Trina.

What am I missing??? Thanks!

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Magic shards for Trina?

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Oct 27, 15 11:07 AM
Did you completed all of her tasks? When each task is complete, there will be a check mark next to them. Then go to her to complete the quest. The shards are deducted from your inventory after you complete the quest.

Edited on 10/27/2015 at 11:07:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Oct 27, 15 11:13 AM
Click TRINA'S avatar on the left side to see her quests if you have not finished her quests or do not have enough shards she will not take them . When you do there will be a complete on her avatar drop down page then click the GO TO or go to her room click on her to complete the quest then she will take them .

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Oct 27, 15 11:35 AM
When I click on Trina to see her quest, there are two tasks. I have completed the 2nd task, as noted by the check mark. The first task is to find a magic shard. If I click on "go there," it takes me to my inventory. I can see the magic shards in my inventory (top right corner) but nothing happens when I click on them, nor are they automatically deducted. This is Trina's very first quest and it's now been open about 2 weeks. Can't figure out how to get the magic shards to Trina to complete this task. I'm not having trouble with any other quests, just Trina's.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Oct 27, 15 11:50 AM
amminnc wrote:The first task is to find a magic shard.
Is it asking for just one shard?
amminnc wrote: If I click on "go there," it takes me to my inventory. I can see the magic shards in my inventory (top right corner) but nothing happens when I click on them, nor are they automatically deducted.

Nothing is suppose to happen by clicking on them in your inventory. They are not automatically deducted until after you go back to Trina when all tasks are completed.

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Oct 27, 15 1:11 PM
Go to "your" Room (click on the same link that takes you to the tournament and to your friends list). In your room, there will be 3 butterflies. If you click on them, you will sometimes get shards. You can then click on the trunk in the bottom of the screen, and it will give you something too (and then it goes into a wait time like HOSs do before can click again.)

The butterflies regenerate every few minutes.

At the bottom of your room is also a friend icon. You can go to a friends private room, and click on 3 more butterflies. You can also click on the treasure chest in their room, if it appears.

Then you wait, and repeat.

Note, you may want to save and close the game, then re-enter before entering your room, as some people have experienced MC closing on them when they enter, wiht a possible loss of progress from the last time you saved. Not sure if that is specific to PC, or if it also happens in tablets, but better safe than sorry!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 27, 15 2:05 PM
amminnc wrote:When I click on Trina to see her quest, there are two tasks. I have completed the 2nd task, as noted by the check mark. The first task is to find a magic shard. If I click on "go there," it takes me to my inventory. I can see the magic shards in my inventory (top right corner) but nothing happens when I click on them, nor are they automatically deducted. This is Trina's very first quest and it's now been open about 2 weeks. Can't figure out how to get the magic shards to Trina to complete this task. I'm not having trouble with any other quests, just Trina's.

Next to the request for shards will be an amount......does it show something like 130/200? That means she wants 200 shards and you only have 130 in inventory. If the amount listed there is something like 310/200 --- then you have sufficient shards to complete her request and you should contact tech support to see why they are not getting marked with a check mark and then removed from your inventory.

Be careful with your shard count......If, for instance, you have 1600 shards and Trina has a check mark that she has collected 200 shards, but you have not completed the other part of her quest -- the 200 shards have not been deleted from your inventory yet. You actually have 1400 shards in inventory (because 200 of that 1600 showing has been allocated, just not collected).

If you do a room upgrade and use 1500 of those shards after she has marked 200 as being allocated, then her quest could possibly lock up (if you mark try to click on the completed button after finishing the other part of her quest) and you will have to contact tech support to get assistance.

During one of the regular quests, I mistakenly used some item(s) for some other purpose (can't remember the specifics now), and the quest was marked as done. When I tried to close out the quest and get credit for finishing it, it would not clear. It was fortunate for me that the quest reset at the end of the day, so I was only locked up for one day. If it had been one of Trina's quests that do not reset at the end of the day, I would have needed tech support to assist me. (Even after I gathered enough of whatever it was to replace those used from allocation, the quest did not unlock).

[Post New]by walkingstar on Oct 27, 15 2:52 PM
That is just down right scary! What can happen next? Thanks because any even little "glitch" I want to know about. I already know about the major ones. G'day Q@W

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 27, 15 3:02 PM
Amminnc, how many shards does Trina want and how many shards have you got?

Edited on 10/27/2015 at 3:03:50 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 27, 15 5:07 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
Be careful with your shard count......If, for instance, you have 1600 shards and Trina has a check mark that she has collected 200 shards, but you have not completed the other part of her quest -- the 200 shards have not been deleted from your inventory yet. You actually have 1400 shards in inventory (because 200 of that 1600 showing has been allocated, just not collected).

If you do a room upgrade and use 1500 of those shards after she has marked 200 as being allocated, then her quest could possibly lock up (if you mark try to click on the completed button after finishing the other part of her quest) and you will have to contact tech support to get assistance.

During one of the regular quests, I mistakenly used some item(s) for some other purpose (can't remember the specifics now), and the quest was marked as done. When I tried to close out the quest and get credit for finishing it, it would not clear. It was fortunate for me that the quest reset at the end of the day, so I was only locked up for one day. If it had been one of Trina's quests that do not reset at the end of the day, I would have needed tech support to assist me. (Even after I gathered enough of whatever it was to replace those used from allocation, the quest did not unlock).

To clarify what I posted earlier....the whole game did not lock up for me....I just couldn't get that quest to be finished, so I couldn't get another daily quest. When the quests reset at midnight, another one opened and I was able to continue doing daily quests.

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Oct 28, 15 7:38 PM
Ah-ha! Now I get it. I hadn't noticed the quantity of magic shards needed.

Thanks to all for your help!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Oct 28, 15 8:21 PM
Problem solved!!!! Sorry, tech support, we don't need you today......heehee

Go to: