lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:News from Divine Academy's Facebook page

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 27, 15 7:12 PM
Doesn't this just make us 3 updates behind instead of 2?

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 27, 15 8:03 PM
This is the first update for PC users, not ios

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Oct 27, 15 8:29 PM
The PC version is like 1-3 updates behind the iOS App version. The Facebook update is about the iOS version.

zoozoospetal
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by zoozoospetal on Oct 28, 15 7:17 PM
So now there are at least 3 versions of this game: BF, IOS and Win 10. BF seems to be the only one not being updated. Enough is enough!

I've been one of the hold outs here, optimistically waiting for that new area to be opened up. We've been told the update would be in a few weeks, nearly 2 months later we're told it will be another month. I figure that since it is a FTP a little wait is a fair trade off but this has become almost insulting. Many of us playing the BF version have spent a tidy sum on this game, we've continued playing with the promise of and update "soon". Well, soon is gone and so is my patience. If there is not an update by the 1st I think I am done. Even if the update comes it's difficult to get terribly excited about it knowing it will likely be 3 months or more before the next one. Wonder how far we'll be behind the other versions then.

Sorry about my little rant but I'm just fed up. I don't know if the issue is with BF or the developer but who ever is responsible really needs to get it together before they lose their loyal players.

maroyce
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by maroyce on Oct 28, 15 8:37 PM
i have been playing this game for so long waiting for an update . but i disagree with it being call ftp as when i first started to play i brought cystals totaling 69.99 i put this down to paying my share of the game and i didnt mine a bit if i get a good game and that where it comes trickey as i only got part of a game and a very long long time to wait, so could you please give us the new update or tell us you are not going to give us an update at all so we can get on with our life thankyou mary

zoozoospetal
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by zoozoospetal on Oct 28, 15 10:13 PM
sthrightwhale wrote:I have left several questions on the facebook page asking when BFG will be updated. BFG have the update so they are holding out on us. I dont know why, perhaps just to further aggravate us. I cant explain why, perhaps they want to add thing to induce us to spend more money. It is in my too hard basket.
One thing is certain, my patience with ALL BFG free to play has waned and i am considering leaving and no longer continuing my membership

maroyce wrote:i have been playing this game for so long waiting for an update . but i disagree with it being call ftp as when i first started to play i brought cystals totaling 69.99 i put this down to paying my share of the game and i didnt mine a bit if i get a good game and that where it comes trickey as i only got part of a game and a very long long time to wait, so could you please give us the new update or tell us you are not going to give us an update at all so we can get on with our life thankyou mary

The 2 of you are part of the hold out club. I've read your post since the beginning of the game. If people like us that have been positive, telling others to give it time or just be patient are getting fed up I can only imagine how many other players have been lost.

@ maroyce I've spent about the same as you. I didn't mind doing it as I saw it as a way to support a good game. Of course that was when we all thought there would be more game in a short time. If they were updating in a reasonable time frame I'm sure I would have spent more, I won't be now.

I let my BF membership lapse about a year ago because I was tired of nothing but HO being offered. After this game came out and I saw that BF members would get a discount on crystals I planned to reinstate my membership, I'm not planning to do that anymore either. I have really lost faith in BF over this fiasco and I feel bad about the people I recommended this game to, looks like I gave them some bad advise getting them involved in the game.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 29, 15 12:01 PM
I guess it doesn't pay to get too impatient over FTP games. We did that on the Found forum. I've heard all the complaints over the years and I've joined in many times myself, but the bottom line is that it doesn't seem to do any good. The game gets updated when it gets updated. All we can do is stop putting any money into the game if it makes us feel bad to do so and go play something else while we're waiting.

Divine Academy is fun to play for the most part, but it sure has some bad elements to it like the earthquakes and fire sprites, and the constant repetition creating food, spheres, wood, building up mana, etc. The only real fun part is the decorating. At least for me.

I think the operative word for us is to do ourselves a favor and "chill".

Edited on 10/29/2015 at 12:09:45 PM PST

jim_dandy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jim_dandy on Oct 29, 15 3:08 PM
I decided to try the windows 10 version about 5 days ago. It has EVERYTHING! And I am already at the Hades test. It works a bit like ios as when you log off it completes the science quests which makes the game go much faster. I will continue to play there due to too many issues with the BFG version. If you don't mind starting over, I would recommend the move. Sorry BFG, but my patience has run out. I didn't want to start the game a fourth time but it is a good game and I needed to find a good server to play it on.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 29, 15 4:02 PM
winnerkooties wrote:I guess it doesn't pay to get too impatient over FTP games. We did that on the Found forum. I've heard all the complaints over the years and I've joined in many times myself, but the bottom line is that it doesn't seem to do any good. The game gets updated when it gets updated. All we can do is stop putting any money into the game if it makes us feel bad to do so and go play something else while we're waiting.

Divine Academy is fun to play for the most part, but it sure has some bad elements to it like the earthquakes and fire sprites, and the constant repetition creating food, spheres, wood, building up mana, etc. The only real fun part is the decorating. At least for me.

I think the operative word for us is to do ourselves a favor and "chill".

Wish we had a like button
I like(ed) this game and will play when there is an update. I've quite for now. I'm sure I"m to the point that the next update, I'll just fly through with all the resources built up. I tried not to do it, but until I found something else to play I was a tad obsessed....hence my FTP persona Bought a few of the packs in the beginning ones I thought I'd like, I don't mind spending what I would on a regular game,$20.00 usd or so... that way I don't get much heartburn when it turns out like this. And if they get on the ball, and regularly update, I just might spend a bit more for the fun. Not much different to me from buying a lotto scratcher ticket.

Edited on 10/29/2015 at 4:03:53 PM PST

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 29, 15 7:57 PM
jim_dandy wrote:I decided to try the windows 10 version about 5 days ago. It has EVERYTHING! And I am already at the Hades test. It works a bit like ios as when you log off it completes the science quests which makes the game go much faster. I will continue to play there due to too many issues with the BFG version. If you don't mind starting over, I would recommend the move. Sorry BFG, but my patience has run out. I didn't want to start the game a fourth time but it is a good game and I needed to find a good server to play it on.

Thanks for the info, i have been reluctant about updating to windows 10, but now its time to move on

zoozoospetal
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by zoozoospetal on Oct 30, 15 5:47 AM
sthrightwhale wrote:
jim_dandy wrote:I decided to try the windows 10 version about 5 days ago. It has EVERYTHING! And I am already at the Hades test. It works a bit like ios as when you log off it completes the science quests which makes the game go much faster. I will continue to play there due to too many issues with the BFG version. If you don't mind starting over, I would recommend the move. Sorry BFG, but my patience has run out. I didn't want to start the game a fourth time but it is a good game and I needed to find a good server to play it on.

Thanks for the info, i have been reluctant about updating to windows 10, but now its time to move on

There is no need to update, as a matter of fact PLEASE don't. I've had to wipe and reinstall more systems than I can handle because of Win 10 privacy issues.

I'm running 8.1 and just downloaded it from the windows store, it's running great.

mamadoxie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by mamadoxie on Oct 30, 15 9:46 AM
FYI The latest iOS update isn't really much of an update but anything is better than what we've had here I know. The iOS update does not open up the next area. It has the friendship temple which does you no good if you're not on FB and don't have friends other than the one BF gives you. it gives you the ability to buy a fancy house or two with worker (Takes expensive crystals) and some fairies that fly around and do nothing as far as I can see. So once you buy and upgrade the Friendship Temple and splurge on the fancy house you're back where you were...waiting to go to next level. *sigh* EDIT: One good thing is that it starts the Daily Visit rewards again which is nice

Atums
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Atums on Dec 9, 15 4:45 AM

I am playing the Windows 10 version and I find it more rewarding. There are too many great differences to list! My favs are: There are many more unusual items to decorate with; Sets give you more than gold, like mana and wood; There are treasure chests you can open with friends and you can get crystals and sometimes fountains, etc. The only thing I don't like is that I have to add strangers to my facebook friends to get friends in the game. I'm pretty picky about who has access to my EB page, so I only added 5 and isolated them.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Dec 9, 15 9:06 AM
Atums wrote:The only thing I don't like is that I have to add strangers to my facebook friends to get friends in the game. I'm pretty picky about who has access to my EB page, so I only added 5 and isolated them.

Yes, that doesn't sound very good.

meredithh220
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by meredithh220 on Dec 20, 15 8:32 AM
I'm running the windows version & it's faster sometimes. Seems like for the last 3 days every time I close the game & come back it's "losing" my progress. Might have to switch back to the Big Fish version. It was slower but at least I wasn't doing the same things 3 times

Go to: