tournament times

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 28, 15 10:03 PM
Would it be possible to split the time of the tournament. Last night there was a 5 hour tournament, which is played to late for people in the southern Hemisphere.
Perhaps 3 hours then and 1 hour sometime opposite the time slot designated to the other one
Thank you

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

Re:tournament times

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 28, 15 10:25 PM
There are many threads complaining about the tournament times, before they were shut down the last time they were run every 8 hours so we could all play in a least 1, these were for 1 hour, I have PM'ed one of the Mod's about this and they will get back to us here in the forum hopefully with some changes,

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/582982.page

Here is a link to see what has been said:-

AG1

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Oct 29, 15 11:38 PM
Just wanted to thank the creators on letting us have a chance to play in a tournament.
Last night our time, we were treated to the tournament starting at 9pm in Western Australia, i managed to have a couple of chances before retiring. Didn't have any luck, but had the chance to at least attend the games. If i wasn't so tired i might have stayed longer.
aussiegirl share this information, wow that would be fantastic if it happened
There are many threads complaining about the tournament times, before they were shut down the last time they were run every 8 hours so we could all play in a least 1, these were for 1 hour, I have PM'ed one of the Mod's about this and they will get back to us here in the forum hopefully with some changes,

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Oct 30, 15 2:14 AM
I am sure it wouldn't be hard to split these long tournaments to smaller segments throughout the 24 hours thus giving all players around the world a good chance to have a go!

What is the point of making it an achievement and then denying a portion of the players the chance to participate?

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 30, 15 2:50 AM
Hi Cynthia,

I was very surprised that the last tournament was so long (7 hours) I was able to play for the first hour and got into 1st place, I did pay in 1 time as I had to go to bed (started at 11pm for me) and that is where I got the good score 4 spins at 40%..40%..50%..40% when I got up this morning I was pushed down to 14th, I was happy but I can't see how some players got over 400,000,

there is a thread that one of the Mod's said that they were still testing, hopefully it won't be long before they are put back to their old rotation and 1 hour, fingers crossed,

AG1

PreGab12
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by PreGab12 on Oct 30, 15 10:06 AM
aussiegirl1 wrote:Hi Cynthia,

I was very surprised that the last tournament was so long (7 hours) I was able to play for the first hour and got into 1st place, I did pay in 1 time as I had to go to bed (started at 11pm for me) and that is where I got the good score 4 spins at 40%..40%..50%..40% when I got up this morning I was pushed down to 14th, I was happy but I can't see how some players got over 400,000,

there is a thread that one of the Mod's said that they were still testing, hopefully it won't be long before they are put back to their old rotation and 1 hour, fingers crossed,

AG1

It is certainly not impossible to get above 400. If you are lucky on the wheel and has 15 tokens / chips, so you can spin five times and is a little lucky. The other day, I found 15 chips and was lucky on the wheel, - 50 - 50-40 - 30-30

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Oct 30, 15 11:07 AM
I can attest to it being possible. Been playing tournaments since they started and yesterday was the first time I ever found 15 tokens and then spun 20,30,40,50,50 which put me at number 2. I was flabbergasted!! Jumping up and down like a little kid, my base score for each of the rooms was in the high 17,000's. I use to wonder as well but the key is to get the 50 spins at the end of the run because it is adding onto the already improved score.

So I am living proof that with enough time playing eventually it will be your turn! and I never pay to play. Only play the free times.
Eliana

Go to: