computer freezes.

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

computer freezes.

[Post New]by walkers on Oct 7, 09 7:42 AM
just downloaded this game and after I play 2 or 3 levels my whole computer freezes. I can't even alt/ctrl/del it to get back to my desktop. Any ideas about what is going on or how to fix this? Thank you

Kaerie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:computer freezes.

[Post New]by Kaerie on Oct 7, 09 9:59 AM
I can't get past the "Loading" screen.. it's been sitting there, spinning, for about 5 minutes now.

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 7, 09 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear you both are having issues getting this game to load up! You can usually work around those issues pretty easily by doing some free updates to the software on your system. If you need help with those updates, you can always see the following help pages article.

Help My Games Run Better

If you have any trouble with those updates though, please go ahead and contact our Customer Support team by continuing past that article to contact them from the link on the left side of the page. Just let them know what steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help you further.

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

sheilah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sheilah on Oct 7, 09 11:05 AM
My computer is freezing this is the second time it has done it

[Post New]by seedwerd on Oct 7, 09 12:35 PM
Mine has done both of these things. It froze after completing the first level of the Burger place (with my computer not responding at all) -- then after restarting, froze with the LOADING scrolling after playing another 2 levels of the Burger place. I'll do what's been recommended below, but it's really disappointing.

Kaerie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Kaerie on Oct 7, 09 1:32 PM
Now I'm getting memory allocation errors and the game keeps closing at random.

Ah well, can't win 'em all, I guess. This is what free trials are for!

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Oct 8, 09 12:53 AM
I downloaded the newest software that was suggested on the help page and now the game seems to run fine. I've played some of the cake and burger levels and it's not had a problem. Thanks for the advice

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Oct 8, 09 4:43 AM
I lied it's still freezing, it's just playing for a bit longer before it freezes!

[Post New]by SDWhit on Oct 8, 09 10:23 PM
I played the trial and had no problems. So I bought it, and have played all of the sushi levels, some cake, a few flowers, and most of the burger levels. That's when it started freezing my computer. I had to completely shut down too. My computer just updated all its software again today, so that's not it. If this isn't fixable, can I get my money back, or at least a game credit?

[Post New]by foreczecher44 on Oct 8, 09 11:43 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I tried the recommended updates, but my computer still freezes at random. Occasionally, I can Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it, but mostly, i have to restart my computer. I also keep getting an error message that shuts the game down. It is very frustrating, and I have given up after only making it halfway through the burger and cake levels. I bought the game, so this isn't during the free trial. I guess I should have tried it first.

[Post New]by LawMama on Oct 10, 09 7:13 AM
I'm in the higher levels of the game...it has been freezing but then I decided to play with a minimized screen so when this happen I could get into my task manager to close it. Is there a fix for this yet? I've already purchased this game. It was fine at the lower levels. What now?

[Post New]by gsilberman on Oct 10, 09 7:18 AM
Ive also been having problems with the game. I've been watching and it looks the game has a memory leak. The longer you play it, the more memory it eats up until eventually it freezes. I hope the creators come out with a patch to fix it soon!

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CEdem on Oct 10, 09 8:43 AM
I also have problems with it. I got through quite a few levels, and it froze. I had to power off, and then it wouldnt let me open windows again. I had to reset factory disc it.....the only way back onto windows. I hope they fix it..... not just because I bought it, but it is a great game (or it would be)

[Post New]by ljyoung on Oct 10, 09 8:47 AM
When I play it either freezes or scrambles up so I can't see what I am doing. Someone needs to work out the bugs in this game and send us a link to update the game. I already bought not knowing about all these problems. Please fix it!

[Post New]by tibbibbra on Oct 10, 09 12:04 PM
Mine is also freezing, it has every time I have played it. Come on guys, we have waited a long time for this....please fix this. And no, there is nothing wrong with my computer..

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CEdem on Oct 10, 09 12:18 PM
Hello all.......I just sent tech support a message and asked if they would please let us know here, if or when there will be a "fix" for this.
I'm so tempted to try playing it again, but too worried windows will wipe out again. I guess we wait and see............

evettsonoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evettsonoe on Oct 11, 09 5:02 AM
My computer continued to freeze throughout the game. I found it had to do with any of the upgrades or trophies that you'd won. Once you crashed out of it, and reloaded it was fine to continue playing. In particular the burger barn was notorious for crashing. AND I played the hour trial in the bakery without it crashing at all!!

Bit hard to play a game when you cant upgrade though.

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Oct 11, 09 6:44 AM
I had the same issue. I played the demo just fine, then when I bought it my computer froze and even the ctrl alt delete did not work.

tracylroza
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tracylroza on Oct 11, 09 9:32 AM
WOW...everyone must have outdated software....mine freezes as well. BFG, perhaps there's a glitch in the game?

donald147
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by donald147 on Oct 11, 09 11:19 PM
I updated all my drivers & tried reinstalling the game & it still freezes like crazy. I'm probably about halfway thru the cake levels and thru level 7 of the burgers, but I haven't even gotten to the other shops. The last time I had to cold boot my computer because I couldn't ctrl-alt-delete or get the task manager to pull up. Don't get any error messages, it just completely freezes.

Go to: