bfgEuphrates
1,152 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Cake Mania Main Street!

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 7, 09 10:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

Here are some tips and tricks to help you restore Main Street!

Happy Hippies – You can literally feed the Hippy customers anything and they will go on their merry way. All they're looking for is food, so you can serve them any item you have!

Vampires are Dangerous – Try to serve the Vampires first because they will morph the rest of your customers and change their orders when they do so. If their order bubble is flashing blue and white, prepare yourself for more hungry Vampires!

Cookie Monsters
– If your customers are getting grumpy, just toss a few cookies their way. This won’t help some of your morphing customers, but it will help keep your regular customers happy while they’re waiting.

Be sure to add your own tricks or tips since every player has their own secrets of game play!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up on the Hippy everyone! I've updated these tips to reflect what you all found.

Edited on 10/09/2009 at 9:16:14 AM PST

BelleN6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Cake Mania Main Street!

[Post New]by BelleN6 on Oct 7, 09 1:28 PM
I might be wrong...but I found that the hippies only pay anywhere from $5-$7 no matter what you throw them. I was going out of my way making 3 flower bouquets for a level to no good end before figuring that out.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Oct 7, 09 6:22 PM
Hi Belle ~ i think you're right, i found this with the hippies in the cake shop, i had one level where it was hippie after hippie after hippie i must have served every hippie in the whole town, and thought boy i'm gonna make a pile of money off these guys, i even gave some of them unfrosted cakes and they left happy

was surprised when done i had only just hit superstar sales, and when stats showed i had somewhere around 350 i think in tips, and 40 whole $'s in sales

so even tho they may tip a lot, i don't think it makes any difference what you give them, be it a single unfrosted cake or a triple frosted with fancy topping, they are still always going to pay the minimum ~ the size of the tip tho may depend on how luxurious the item you serve ~ that kind of makes sense

anyway that's my 2c, but i do overall agree with you

[Post New]by lennycarl on Oct 8, 09 2:43 AM
For those of you that use the heck out of the tv, here is a list of what channels go with which people.

Green
Pirate
Coat Kids
Alien
Anime Girl
Cupid
Cat Lady
Tiny

Blue
Hot Dog Guy
Gangster
Politician
Hippie
Aristocrat

Yellow
Ninja
Black Lady
Risha
Jill

Red
Super Matt
Chef
Vampire
Jack

christina1533
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Oct 8, 09 12:41 PM
Yes! THANK YOU! I've been looking for this.

lennycarl wrote:For those of you that use the heck out of the tv, here is a list of what channels go with which people.

Green
Pirate
Coat Kids
Alien
Anime Girl
Cupid
Cat Lady
Tiny

Blue
Hot Dog Guy
Gangster
Politician
Hippie
Aristocrat

Yellow
Ninja
Black Lady
Risha
Jill

Red
Super Matt
Chef
Vampire
Jack

Nancianna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Cake Mania Main Street!- Hippies

[Post New]by Nancianna on Oct 9, 09 8:57 AM
I, too, have found Hippies paying very little. From $4.00 in Sushi shop to $6.00 in cake shop. I haven't had one payong more than $6.00 yet.

I also was wasting time making triple cakes and bouquets.

In Sushi, I found I couldn't give them much but tea, rice and noodles.

I give them unfrosted cakes in bakery now unless I made a mistake and have an extra.

In burger barn, I could give them a bun but not pattie or fish

bfgEuphrates
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 9, 09 9:17 AM
Nancianna wrote:
In burger barn, I could give them a bun but not pattie or fish

That's an interesting tip! I honestly didn't try to give the Hippy a patty in the Burger Barn, so it's good to know that they'll only take the bun!

[Post New]by paulene_roark on Oct 16, 09 9:44 PM
the hippies pay a lot more if you let a vamp or chef turn them into a hotdog or another vamp....

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Oct 22, 09 2:54 PM
You get 5 upgrades for each shop. I found that if you upgrade the shop after each 5 levels that you can get perfect. Hope this helps.

Edited on 10/22/2009 at 2:55:01 PM PST

cakem2dinerd2
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cakem2dinerd2 on Nov 29, 09 3:57 AM
Cake Mania Main Street is perfect game,maybe best game ever!!!Please make Cake Mania 5!!!!!!!!!

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on May 4, 10 8:01 PM
In the cake shop, I found that by only using my money to upgrade one oven, one froster, one cake holder, and Jill's speed, it was easy to get super scores on every level. I don't buy multiple ovens, frosters, toppers etc. because it gets too complicated and they are unnecessary.

[Post New]by charlienycole on May 16, 10 8:18 PM
i managed to get $7 from the hippies in the flower shop. you can give them patties or fish, but you have to just lay the meat down, no bun. the problem i have with the hippies in the flower shop is that in each level there is only one type of flower they will pay maximum price for, and that changes with every level. i even tried to go in the same level multiple times in a row, to test them and see what they pay max for, and the type changes every time you play that level.

[Post New]by zane3452 on Jun 18, 10 12:10 AM
This Game Is So Cool

[Post New]by bob535 on Nov 7, 10 12:19 AM
Nancianna wrote:In Sushi, I found I couldn't give [the hippies] much but tea, rice and noodles.

I have found that I could give the hippies wasabi or the salt shaker. The wasabi is easy because it is close, and especially convienient if you are about to finish another order of with wasabi.

[Post New]by Joline25 on Mar 21, 11 10:16 PM
On the T.V comment. Can you actually turn it on ???? I just buy them and i said to myself this dang tv does'nt do anything! I had no clue that you could set a channel color. Whoah....

[Post New]by Joline25 on Mar 21, 11 10:19 PM
lennycarl wrote:For those of you that use the heck out of the tv, here is a list of what channels go with which people.

Green
Pirate
Coat Kids
Alien
Anime Girl
Cupid
Cat Lady
Tiny

Blue
Hot Dog Guy
Gangster
Politician
Hippie
Aristocrat

Yellow
Ninja
Black Lady
Risha
Jill

Red
Super Matt
Chef
Vampire
Jack

On the T.V comment. Can you actually turn it on ???? I just buy them and i said to myself this dang tv does'nt do anything! I had no clue that you could set a channel color. Whoah....

[Post New]by Websgirl on Apr 29, 11 8:09 PM
I have this game as an app on my iPad and I don't know if all the tricks are the same, so I'm hoping someone can help. I'm trying to to prevent the pirates from making the other customers walk the plank. I was able to do it in one of the shops but can't figure out how! Does anyone know which day I should focus on for the pirates (and the vampires, for that matter)?

Much appreciated

[Post New]by sunnyside_up on Nov 7, 11 1:41 PM
I need help on level 7 in the flower shop. Ive played it over and over and can't get past it, i've tried different upgrades to see if that will work, but nothing has, anyone here that can help me?

[Post New]by Cupcake169 on Dec 30, 11 2:36 PM
He hippies pay alot in the bakery if you give items hat are worth alot I got superstar goals on every level and I got at least$$ 300 over the superstar goal. They Pay for their items and tip. I gave them triple layered cakes with toppers.

Go to: