Game wont' play

Game wont' play

[Post New]by jjwink on Sep 14, 08 10:55 AM
Hello,

I bought Hotel Giant and I haven't been able to play it. When i start the game, it gets to the screen with "Learning Campaign" and when I click on that, and it starts to load (the elevator lights go from 1-10), the game shuts down and I get this message:

AppName: hotel.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: hotel.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00211633

I have read through the support forums that tell you to update your video and sound drivers, and I have updated those, but I still can't play the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Game wont' play

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 14, 08 10:57 AM
jjwink, first, welcome to the forums. The forum is where users help users ... and this sounds like a technical issue. I recommend you run your dxdiag file and save it. Then send an email to Tech Support and attach that file. They are terrific and will try their best to help you. Sorry you're having this problem. I know how frustrating it can be. Good Luck

[Post New]by murmar on Dec 29, 08 1:31 PM
it seems that they dont have an answer for this as i have emailed them with no response back. They cant answer what they dont know.

[Post New]by Sageoz_N_Cas on Feb 6, 09 10:21 AM
Dang, I guess I should have read through the forums before I downloaded this game. It seems everyone is having the same exact issue. I don't think it has anything to do with anyones PC's that's for sure.
I just bought and downloaded this game and it's having the same issues. Reading through these posts I notice that this problem has been happening for a long time. I would have thought this problem would be fixed by now.
Has anyone gotten any results as to how it can (if possible) be fixed?
I see that people have contacted customer support with no help... This is just sad. They should have taken the game off of the site until the problem was fixed so that people don't continue spending money on a game they can't play.

Edited on 02/06/2009 at 10:22:03 AM PST

orangeboy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by orangeboy on Feb 12, 09 5:41 PM
I also had this problem a couple months back. Went outside BF and found patches which address this specific problem. BUT...can't use them if game purchased through Big Fish. They do their own configuration to accomodate launching in "Play My Games". I did online chat with them (BF) when I found this and was told that they are aware of the problem and are working with Hotel Giant's maker to update the BF download version. Was told to watch the forum because when they do get the upgrade it will probably be posted. Still waiting..hoping for the best. Hope this answers so many forum questions.

[Post New]by alethajane on Feb 16, 09 6:47 PM
I just purchased this game. Didn't realize it was having problems. Have they come up with a fix for this yet?

bfgAegean
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 17, 09 4:33 PM
Hello jjwink! I'm sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties with Hotel Giant. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

[Post New]by FairyGodmother10 on Apr 19, 09 9:02 AM
Just brought this today and exactly the same prob too. Tutorial loads then shuts immediately after loading finished. BigFish should not be selling this in present condition esp if they have received so many similar reports - unplayable.

[Post New]by basketcse40218 on Apr 24, 09 11:15 PM
I don't know why they have not changed this info. This game is NOT compatible with VISTA at all. It plays well on XP but not Vista.

[Post New]by Linnythorn on May 24, 09 10:50 AM
I just bought this game, and like a lot of people on here i get to the tutorial,then the game stops, wish i had read these probs first, i never would of purchased, very disappointed

[Post New]by ksdkomo on Aug 17, 09 6:01 PM
I have a PC running XP and a laptop running Vista - it won't work on either of them. Both cut out right after the elevator gets to 10 - like everyone has explained above.

[Post New]by alcthumper on Aug 19, 09 9:41 PM
I have actually first purchased this game from a regular store, Target. The game did the same thing to me. I then purchased it from Big Fish; still does not work. It sucks to pay for something that obviously did not work to begin with. Can't we get our money back or trade for another game? Aren't these games tried out before being sold? I have tried it on my micro xp desk top version and my vista laptop and both are high gamers with good requirements.

Edited on 08/19/2009 at 9:43:34 PM PST

[Post New]by robinleigh on Aug 20, 09 8:09 AM
Also purchased this game yesterday and it will not play. I want my money back. Apparently they've been aware of this problem for quite some time, customer service is no help, they're not offering to make anything right, and it's still up. If it won't work for your clients, you should TAKE IT DOWN! And you should offer an exchange of downloads to make it right. Now I won't be downloading any of the older games for fear they've been bad and you won't address that.

[Post New]by kayshields on Sep 26, 09 1:51 AM
hey i dont have this problem but i have lost the code because i got a new computer and want it on that one can anyone help?

wigg42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wigg42 on Nov 21, 09 12:21 PM
Same problem but instead the game shuts down and the report problem screen pops up.

[Post New]by rach_h1982 on Dec 10, 09 8:54 AM
I have just bough this game - didn't realise they would sell games they know don't work! Anyone had any luck getting their money back?

Game wont' play

[Post New]by miamisobe28 on Dec 11, 09 8:02 AM
jjwink wrote:Hello,

I bought Hotel Giant and I haven't been able to play it. When i start the game, it gets to the screen with "Learning Campaign" and when I click on that, and it starts to load (the elevator lights go from 1-10), the game shuts down and I get this message:

Having same issues it stays up for 1 min now then crashes then I try to search online for solution nothings happens.

I might look into trying to get my money back if it doesn't work soon or tech support isn't able to help

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 8:03:56 AM PST

[Post New]by miamisobe28 on Dec 11, 09 8:18 AM
WOW it lasted a whole 5 mins before crashing. Silly me trying to play it.
AFTER i UPDATED drivers and sound drivers

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 8:21:13 AM PST

[Post New]by kimbaloo on Jan 6, 10 7:23 AM
I have bought this game with the same problems. I am annoyed that they would continue to sell this game for almost a year with the same problems. And no solution has been published in the forum as far as i can see. But this is the first problem I have had with BF and have been a member for over a year, so i am waiting patiently for a reply.

[Post New]by 1kev2hfb on Jan 16, 10 9:01 PM
Wow... its been on the site a year and is still being sold without having a fix?

I just got screwed with the exact same bug mentioned previously.
Anyone have the bug and then be able to fix it?

Go to: