Video Issues

[Post New]by JacobBLarson on Oct 8, 09 1:58 AM
I'm having some video problems with this game. Even with the opening credits the graphics are very jumpy and blink very rapidly. The opening movie seemed to not refresh very well and carried parts of the video from the previous scenes into the next scene. When I move around in the game everything sort of has an afteraffect and is a little bit blurred. When I go into the menus I see previous buttons from different menus that shouldn't be there... Is anyone else having these problems?

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

Re:Video Issues

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 8, 09 5:01 PM
I have exactly the same problem; did you find any solution?

[Post New]by Chesbro on Oct 15, 09 7:27 AM
Í have the same problem.
maybe it is because I am running Vista 64 Bit
Technical support don't have an solution so far.....
I've tried several different setups for my videocard.. no result so far..

[Post New]by craiga on Oct 16, 09 6:29 AM
Same problem - - video is jumpy... what's going on?

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 5, 10 9:47 PM
...bump...
Anyone find a solution?

dcubed
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by dcubed on Jan 8, 10 6:44 AM
I haven't tried this game, but it's from Kheops. There is a conflict with Kheops games and the latest nVidia drivers. I wrote to Kheops about two other games, Return to Mysterious Island 2 and Secrets of DaVinci.

There is a new build for Island 2, I was told but it looks like doesn't have it yet. I've written customer service and game them the info from Kheops. Maybe Treasure Island also has a new build that needs to get.

Otherwise, Kheops has said that the Jan. 2009 nVidia drivers works great with their games. I can't tell you if that it true, however, because upon installing this driver, it said that my hardware in incompatible .

I've also written to nVidia and told them of this problem with their latest drivers. Other gamers (action games like Crysis) are having trouble with the very latest driver (195.62), so maybe there will be a new driver soon.

[Post New]by Docster on Feb 20, 10 2:18 PM
Hello fishes!

I have the same problem. This is the second game with the same problem (I had the same problem with Return to myserious island 2 aswell). If Kheops know of these problems, isn't it about time updating all their games? The current NVIDIA's driver (196.21) is a no go, the problem still exists.

And I don't want to rollback my graphics drivers to even more buggy graphics drivers. Until a sollution is up; This game is unplayable.

The sollution of playing Return To Myserious Island 2, was playing in window mode. Dunno if it's possible to do the same with this game.

Edit: After a little check, the game is playable in window mode. How?
Find the config.ini file of the game. Edit it by using notepad. Change the following line:
bFullScreen=1
to
bFullScreen=0

The game will now start in window mode. I know, it's not the same as fullscreen.

Best regards,
Docster

---
Windows 7 x64 ultimate

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Mar 9, 10 3:56 PM
@ Docster =>
Many thanks for your above tips-post!
It's deeply frustrating that neither BFG, Kheops, nor nvidia is up for fixing this problem! When a person has a top-end video card, it should not happen that we suffer this way.
All games mentioned above do the stupid screen jiggling for me; also "Nostradamus."
I will try your idea to run in Window mode.

[Post New]by Docster on Mar 13, 10 2:02 PM
@Janie42

Your welcome. This little fix should work with most of Kheops games. But, the game experience will not be the same playing in window mode vs fullscreen. Well, in my opinion anyway.

For a time back, I was in contact with Kheops, and they said the following:

The problem comes from drivers nvidia since june 2009. You can install an
older version such as January 2009 that works perfectly. We have made code
modification to bypass this change in driver behavior and give it to the
publishers that are in charge to dispatch them to distributors such as
bigfish that can introduce their own DRM in them. Please contact
distributors of the game to make them release the new exe files.

RTM1 works since that it use dx 8.1 and that nivida didn't change anything
but in dx9 and later.

So I contacted BFG and told them about this. And I got a reply with the following information.

Thank you so much for contacting Big Fish Games and I am more than happy to assist you. I understand that you wanted to pass off some very useful information that you found regarding Kheops studio games. I wanted you to know that I have taken all of this down and will surely pass this right along. Thank you so much for sharing it, as those with vested interest in their things will be sure to hear about it. If you have any further questions feel free to get a hold of me at any time. You can respond directly to this email.

So, many of the games could already have a game fix, without we knowing about it. I have just uninstalled this game, and re-downloading as we speak. So, hopefully they have fixed this video issue. If not, hopefully something will happend soon.

Doc

[Post New]by Docster on Mar 13, 10 2:11 PM
No the (fullscreen) video issues still remains.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Mar 26, 10 5:01 PM
@ Docster,
It's really kind of you to pass along this info!
I've referred a couple others I know having exact same issue to your posts here (yes, we've all got Nvidia cards).
Crappy that the workaround doesn't work for fullscreen...
but thanks for saving me (& others) the time/trouble of trying it ourselves.

P.S. Definitely I agree with you that it's not nearly the same experience playing in windowed mode.

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 5:03:22 PM PST

[Post New]by lovethemopals on Nov 25, 10 7:14 AM
Hmm, Bought this today as a DD. Guess the video problems haven't been fixed, and obivously won't be. I'm not going to go searching for some file somewhere to edit, so will delete the game. Guess I should have read the forums first. Definately the last game I buy that doesn't have a trial.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Nov 26, 10 10:39 AM
I'm with lovethemopals. Can't play it, not techno enough to work out how to get it to play. Can't be bothered anyway, that's not the idea of 'gaming' surely. Will never buy again without a trial.

harleyrdr
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by harleyrdr on Nov 26, 10 11:44 AM
Same thing here.. Hey Doc.. I tried to edit the .ini as you suggested in the game files, but when I try to save it, it tells me access denied. I am running as an admin, but no effect. Win7 Professional 64bit here.
Any ideas?
Tried to older driver also, but to no difference. All I could find was one from July 2009, not January..

Go to: