Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Weather Lord: Following the Princess Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 31, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/31/2015 at 9:16:53 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Weather Lord: Following the Princess Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Oct 31, 15 8:06 AM
This developer has come a long way with this series. I now have all 4 of your games and enjoy them very much. This is a great addition.

Wonderful colorful graphics, music is pleasant, vaguely reminiscent of Celtic, good SG that gives you step by step instructions but, you can only reach the SG from the main menu. This comment was based entirely on the demo, so I may find out otherwise when I begin to play in depth. My only complaint is that you cannot chain more than one worker to chop wood, get food or gold. Perhaps in later levels you are given that ability, if not, this is a serious drawback if you are working timed. Most important for some of us, there is a relaxed mode to play strictly for strategy.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Weather Lord: Following the Princess Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 31, 15 9:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Weather Lord: Following the Princess Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Weather Lord: Following the Princess Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Oct 31, 15 7:35 PM
Why in the world can't more than one worker chop trees, gather gold, etc??? That was ALWAYS the way Weather Lord played...you got 3 guys as fast as you could so you could clear the things you needed in one swipe....it seems SO clunky now.

Someone please tell me this changes in later levels....also....where are the soldiers?? (My favorite characters before).

And finally....why are all TMs CEs now?!?! I'm about done here...it's been a wonderful ride but I just can't afford everything, even my beloved TMs, being CEs now.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Nov 1, 15 6:37 AM
Skrdykat wrote:
And finally....why are all TMs CEs now?!?! I'm about done here...it's been a wonderful ride but I just can't afford everything, even my beloved TMs, being CEs now.

Yes, I thought that! Nothing to do whatsoever in getting more money, is it? Don't worry, Skrdykat, they'll bring the "regular" edition of this game out in about a week, like they have done before, after TM fans have already bought the CE edition.
Come on, BF, I know you read this, and like I've said before, please feel free to ignore this feedback from your customers, or delete it.

Anyway, I did enjoy this game and enjoyed my free time.
The graphics are quite nice, and the game seems to flow quite well. It's not just a click-fest, as you have to think about what the best thing to go for next is, or what to build.
There are some slight niggles, as said before, it would be good if you could send more than one worker (as in previous editions) to chop wood etc.

I'm not buying this, though, until the regular edition comes out, which won't be long coming. Or unless there is a super offer on. Not paying £10 for a game!

geobabe1
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by geobabe1 on Nov 2, 15 7:39 AM
Penny1942 wrote: My only complaint is that you cannot chain more than one worker to chop wood, get food or gold. Perhaps in later levels you are given that ability, if not, this is a serious drawback if you are working timed. .
I agree, I'm disappointed that that is not part of this game as it was with all the previous ones. It was a feature I really liked, especially when you need a lot of one resource, it was a good way to get it all quickly.

Otherwise, I think the game is pretty good.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Nov 2, 15 4:01 PM
I liked and purchased the previous Weather Lord titles, but this one is just too tedious and "clicky" with the removal of the ability to have 3 resources being collected at the same time.

It's weird how one small change can make something that was fun turn into something that feels like a chore. This game quickly felt like a chore.

nemlee
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nemlee on Nov 3, 15 7:37 PM
I am really enjoying this game. It is challenging, but with lots of help from the strategy guide I have completed all the levels several times. I love that there is a casual level, I complete that and then I go to the expert level. I usually crash and burn in about level four or five, but who cares? Not me. I am just having a good time.I have been a member here for about four or five years, and only this week has BF allowed me to register and make comments - I have been trying... believe me! but they just kept telling me that "we cannot complete your request at this time" for about four years!! I am a TM fan, really fed up with HOGs tho I did start with them.I prefer TMs that have casual levels, I am ooooold, so I need some help, and my preference is therefore games that have casual levels and good strategy guides. I use the forums, youtube - whatever for help, and mostly have fun. Am thinking of going for the Rescue Team new one next, but maybe I should go back and revisit the Weather Lord earlier ones on account of how much I am enjoying this one.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Nov 5, 15 7:33 AM
Skrdykat wrote: And finally....why are all TMs CEs now?!?! I'm about done here...it's been a wonderful ride but I just can't afford everything, even my beloved TMs, being CEs now.

Absolutely loved the previous Weather Lord games. Planning was critical to success. But, I'll be waiting for the SE. No SE, no Weather Lord. I don't want strategy guides. I like to figure things out for myself. I don't use all the wallpapers and extras usually found in CEs. I had bought two CE's and rarely replay or use the extras. And, as I recall, I didn't care for the music or graphics in the last two WLs. Loved the graphics in the second WL. I appreciate that the developers want to get paid, but I'm not buying CEs.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Nov 6, 15 2:58 PM
I was all on board to wait for the SE game, but then read in the forums that this has lots of levels. My count is more than likely wrong, but it's something like 30 for the main game, 30 for the "a" level (alternate) game levels, and 30 for the "c" level (collector's edition?) levels. So, 90 levels? Yeah, I bought the CE, and have LOVED IT. I've played it through once already and started to go through it again...BUT!!!...BFG dropped another TM game (*ahem* something something #5) and I had to jump to that TM game. Poor me, TWO games to play that are new.

Anyway...just to affirm others' thoughts that I also don't like to buy CE games. But when something has 90 levels? Yeah...that's worth it to me. I have to also note I didn't previously like Weather Lord games. I even bought an earlier one, it frustrated me, and I returned it. [Thanks Big Fish] But this one is really fun and worth the buy.

Thanks BFG! And Happy Gaming, Fishes!

Edited on 11/06/2015 at 2:59:02 PM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Nov 26, 15 2:02 PM
Really have enjoyed this series but this one is a total disappointment. I don't like "change" for change sake, especially when it does nothing to improve the game and this game is fraught with them - too bad. It also appears that after level 20 the next levels are the same as the first 20 except for some minor changes. It's like deja vu and for this I paid for a Collector's Edition? I feel really cheated by this game. Skip this one or at least wait for the Standard Edition if you really have to have it.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Dec 29, 15 4:29 PM
Have just finished all 90 levels and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The change from chaining (2 or three guys chopping wood / collecting food) is no biggie, just means I can now use a different strategy sending one to cut wood one to collect food and one to build grainery . sawmill etc.
The levels were difficult but not hard. Just the right dfficulty for me.
Was sad that I had finished the game and look forward to the next and any changes they might make.
Had no problems in running the game and no crashes. Very smooth running game and a pleasure to play.

I think it i good that some of the rules get changed from game to game as it helps develop our minds to develop new strategies and the game doe not get to be just another repeat of the same things from prevoius games with minor changes to story line and graphics.

Go to: