mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

It had to be said!

[Post New]by mystine on Oct 31, 15 8:48 AM
Very Very disappointing!! another TM game trying to pull off as a CE? BF are you out of Hidden Objects? You have all week for TM, Match 3 etc....which are fine if thats what you like. Please dont get me wrong I have nothing against TM..Ive played it and other genres before, but Thursday and Saturday have been our days for HO just two days a week for hopefully high quality HO that could qualify as a CE...I cant believe none of the developers came out with something for Halloween! Ive been with BF for almost ten years. Please reassure me this is just someones poor decision this week and not a trend!! *steps off soapbox* sigh.... Happy Halloween everyone...

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:It had to be said!

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Oct 31, 15 9:56 AM
I am also disappointed that we had 2 TM CE's this week & only the Ravenshearst HOPA.

xpetch
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by xpetch on Oct 31, 15 12:07 PM
I think you HOG players will live for one week with only 1 CE offered. (since you did mention that you did get one) TM players go weeks without anything of substance offered so get over it!!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 31, 15 12:39 PM
I know that my level of thrill and excitement is simply over the top.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 31, 15 3:04 PM
xpetch wrote:I think you HOG players will live for one week with only 1 CE offered. (since you did mention that you did get one) TM players go weeks without anything of substance offered so get over it!!

You are absolutely right, I am a HOG fan, ( love the northern tales though) but have no trouble with releasing these, they have to please everyone, and I am more than satisfied with ravenhearst

Edited on 10/31/2015 at 3:06:42 PM PST

[Post New]by Ziggy_Zigster on Oct 31, 15 5:18 PM
I was NOT a fan of the last two WL installments but I am of the first one. However, I don't understand what it is with BFG trying to pawn TMs off as CEs. First Hercules, then Dracula and now this? Only thing I can think of is greedy developers.

I remember when the Royal Envoys came out with CEs and those were definitely worth the price! This one is not.

For me, if I want to buy these TMs as CEs I have to wait for a sale.

The strategy guide shows only 14 levels for the 'standard' version yet shows that you get bonus levels and CE levels but doesn't tell you how many. To me, if a developer 'hides' that info from you it means there isn't anything worth it.

Removed by Moderator

What irks me is we get inundated with HOPA after HOPA (don't get me wrong, I love HOPAs) but we don't get TMs/match3/puzzle games anywhere near as often.

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 3:23:26 PM PST

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Oct 31, 15 5:37 PM
xpetch wrote:I think you HOG players will live for one week with only 1 CE offered. (since you did mention that you did get one) TM players go weeks without anything of substance offered so get over it!!

I'm sorry for upsetting you, or any other TM players. No disrespect was intended. I don't care for the Ravenshearst type games so I was expressing disappointment because there were none for me this week & I thought here in the forums it was ok to express different opinions. I should have been more considerate because there are more HOPA games that come out than any other type. Again, I apologize!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 15 7:30 PM
With millions of BF customers, they simply can't make it right for everyone. Just doesn't happen.

I think that BF dared to add 2 TM games as CEs this week is because they also gave us an extra HOG CE this week. So in effect, there is something out this week for both TM gamers and HOG lovers. And we did get 2 spooky-type of games this week for Halloween: one HOG and one TM game. What more do you want?

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Oct 31, 15 7:38 PM
Valdy, what more I want is for TMs to remain SEs. Not happy about this new development...

Oh well, happy Halloween all!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 15 8:57 PM
Skrdykat wrote:Valdy, what more I want is for TMs to remain SEs. Not happy about this new development...

Oh well, happy Halloween all!!

But Skrdykat, you can always get the TMs as SEs in a month's time. So no harm done.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 31, 15 9:09 PM
Well its a good thing that the little HOG games dont outnumber all others (in quantity only) by about 100 to 1 . . . otherwise, people might run out of them.

GASP.

[Post New]by Ziggy_Zigster on Oct 31, 15 11:47 PM
Removed by Moderator I don't care if they release an SE in a month. Ripping people off is ripping people off. (this so called CE game has only 14 levels shown. The bonus levels are hidden UNTIL you buy it - in other words sneaky and dishonest developers. For all we know, there are only 2 bonus levels. Removed by Moderator

Quite frankly, I doubt I will be a BFG club member much longer anyways. The games are not improving (regardless of genre) and the quality of the games for the price is going backwards. There are PLENTY of competitors out there so if BFG wants to retain its customer base, it should act like it.

@Yaelle Exactly, it's not just that there are WAY more HOPs than any other genre, but when we do get other genres, like TMs, we get this crap.

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 3:23:51 PM PST

cielle1
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by cielle1 on Nov 1, 15 1:13 AM
Just a clarification about the number of levels, the strategy guide shows:
- 30 standard levels
- 10 bounus levels
- CE levels are hidden for now
I think its enough for a CE and I am very happy with this game : )

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Nov 1, 15 6:23 AM

Absolutely!!!

Yaelle wrote:Well its a good thing that the little HOG games dont outnumber all others (in quantity only) by about 100 to 1 . . . otherwise, people might run out of them.

GASP.

HAHA!

HOG fans complaining? You get dozens of HOG compared to the occasional 1 or 2 TM games that TM fans get, yet you're complaining because the CE is a TM one?

Virtually every day is a new HOG, day after day after day. BF is virtually a HOG site now, but you still complain because ONE TIME the CE is a TM game?! You seriously need to get a grip, as we TM get virtually nothing and have to face days and days of HOGs. We go for weeks without any TM games, with the occasional one that's just a re-hash of an old game. Then we might get one or two a month that are half-way decent.
But you're complaining because one-time you don't get the CE? Get a grip.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be getting this game, as I'm not paying £10 for a game/2 credits that BF will bring out in a week as a regular game and not a CE.

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 6:30:23 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 1, 15 7:14 AM
30 standard levels for a TM game is a very, very short TM game and would NOT make it worthy of CE status. Normal TM games have 40 and 50 levels. So why would a game with 30 standard levels and 10 bonus levels be CE worthy? And if you've looked at some of the CE TM strategy guides that have been included with the games, you'll find them almost useless for many of the goals of the game. For instance, in the Hercules CE, the strategy guide was useless for beating the Developer's Time, playing in Expert mode or giving useful information like how you could skip tasks not related to the goals.

This is probably some new bargaining ploy that's been started with TM developers, similar to when the original CE strategy was developed, which was designed to up HOG developers income per game.

So the idea is, make it so the CE has 50 levels (30 standard, 10 bonus and 10 CE levels,) and the SE will only have 30 levels, and everyone will buy the CE at the elevated price? Well, I hope everyone will prove them wrong.

If developers need to increase the price of their games, they should do so honestly and offer them somewhere that doesn't require this sort of trapping. Oh, and the game should be bug-free and if it's not, the developer should make it work. No more of this attitude of "well the game can be played, even if it's not operating correctly".

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 1:33:50 PM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Nov 1, 15 8:00 AM
Good morning fishies
First off I need to apologize...this has been a crazy, weird week for me...My car is in the shop with a blown head gasket, and apparently is a very bad case of it to the tune of 1600 and a week to fix..which its been a little over that...anyway my point is somehow I missed the Ravenhearst offering...can someone tell me what day that it came out? Ive also picked up a couple of double shifts to try and offset the car expense...Im an RN at a skilled nursing /rehab center, and double shifts at sixty arent quite as easy when you're 30 lol..anyway my brains a little on the fried side. Just forgive me and forget I said anything...its only a game...and I certainly didnt mean to cause more stress than we all already live everyday. I wish everyone much love and light, and a very nice remainder of your weekend

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 8:03:27 AM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Nov 1, 15 12:57 PM
Wow really I LOVE time management. I get tired of all the Hidden Objects. That's the only reason I stay on Big Fish is because of the time management.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 1, 15 1:31 PM
mystine wrote:Good morning fishies
First off I need to apologize...this has been a crazy, weird week for me...My car is in the shop with a blown head gasket, and apparently is a very bad case of it to the tune of 1600 and a week to fix..which its been a little over that...anyway my point is somehow I missed the Ravenhearst offering...can someone tell me what day that it came out? Ive also picked up a couple of double shifts to try and offset the car expense...Im an RN at a skilled nursing /rehab center, and double shifts at sixty arent quite as easy when you're 30 lol..anyway my brains a little on the fried side. Just forgive me and forget I said anything...its only a game...and I certainly didnt mean to cause more stress than we all already live everyday. I wish everyone much love and light, and a very nice remainder of your weekend

No big thing, mystine. You didn't say anything bad and there didn't appear to be any anger or ill intent. It's all good! Everyone gets to have an opinion and not everyone is gonna agree. It's how we disagree that counts!

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 1:32:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Ziggy_Zigster on Nov 1, 15 2:35 PM
cielle1 wrote:Just a clarification about the number of levels, the strategy guide shows:
- 30 standard levels
- 10 bounus levels
- CE levels are hidden for now
I think its enough for a CE and I am very happy with this game : )

Well, that's GOOD to know! Though to be honest, I don't understand why they couldn't just say that in the description. You only 'see' 14 levels, leading you to believe that's all there is.

I think it was a major error on the developers part to not give us an idea of what we are getting before purchasing. I don't like how some developers 'hide' WHAT you get until AFTER you buy.

Even with HOGs, they will say you can collect things, find morphing objects and even replay puzzles and mini-games. At least then you know what you get.

I'm not saying I want to know EXACTLY what I get - but an 'idea'. I don't need to know what the levels are etc, but how many is a good idea.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 1, 15 2:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the points made in this thread. The Moderation Team isn't privy to all the information that surrounds game updates and releases. Please note that many factors contribute to game releases as well as what is offered in that specific game whether it be a standard version or Collector's Edition. We do apologize for the frustration that the recent releases has caused and I've gone ahead and passed along this thread to the appropriate team. Big Fish Games offers different genres of games to appeal to different types of gamers. We do recognize that players like a variety of games such as Time Management and Hidden Object and we take suggestions from our customers very seriously. As stated earlier, I have passed this along.

I'd also like to remind players of the Forum Rules, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

It is also highly recommended to try the trial versions of our games as this allows players to get a feel for the game before investing a cent in it. I'll include below a help article with more information:

Download a Trial Game

As this thread isn't entirely specific to Weather Lord: Following the Princess Collector's Edition, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Thank you for your understanding. Reach out to a moderator if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 11/01/2015 at 3:10:10 PM PST

Go to: