westward 3 assertion failed message

[Post New]by desertfox66 on Oct 9, 09 4:00 PM
I have been playing this game for awhile now with no problems.
I just recently had a computer crash and had to redo all software.
After reloading the game from big fish the game will now no longer run.
I get to the loading scripts screen and then the message "assertion failed" pops
up and halts any further progress.
I have checked on the forums and notice a number of people have had this problem goitng all the way back to jan of 2009.
There does not seem to be any clear resolution to the problem, at least that I can find.
Why has there been any response as to a clear and definate solution posted.
If there has I can't seem to find it.

thanks

NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:westward 3 assertion failed message

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on Nov 10, 09 10:16 AM
I'm interested in seeing if anything is being done about this as well. I paid for the game, played it a couple times, had to do a reload when I got a new laptop and now I can't play it. Seems more than a little unfair to me that BFG takes our money and then puts out an inferior product, knows it's inferior and then does nothing to fix it.

pawtet
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by pawtet on Nov 11, 09 7:17 AM
You might want to talk to the people at Sandlot, perhaps they can help. They are the makers of the Westward series. I had simular issues with this game so I pre-ordered the 4th game from them.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Nov 11, 09 7:32 AM
NancyLou9 wrote:I'm interested in seeing if anything is being done about this as well. I paid for the game, played it a couple times, had to do a reload when I got a new laptop and now I can't play it. Seems more than a little unfair to me that BFG takes our money and then puts out an inferior product, knows it's inferior and then does nothing to fix it.

Regretfully, this game does not play well on all computers. I'm no techie with a workable solution but you should not blame BFG as they did not make this game. If you cannot gain satisfaction through Customer Service, I strongly urge you to contact Sandlot. There might be an answer available only the developer can give you.

Go to: