bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 1, 15 12:29 AM
Welcome to Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

WickedGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette forum

[Post New]by WickedGirl on Nov 8, 15 5:47 PM
BFG, please stop allowing people who have only completed the demo to post reviews on games!!! I have just finished looking at the reviews for this game, and as I have seen recently with several games, the most negative review came from someone admitting (thank goodness they at least stated this) they only played the demo. There is absolutely no way that anyone who has only completed a demonstration of anything should post a review on the product, game, or whatever is being reviewed. Reviews should be based on the full experience of something. I certainly have yet to agree with the assessment of anyone who has just reviewed a demo here at BFG. It is so pointless and ridiculous to have someone actually give their opinion based on one hour or so of playing time. The chance to play a demo is an opportunity for a person to decide if they want to play a game further, but it certainly does not paint the entire picture of any game.

I do not need, nor do I care to hear if the style of the game is not your type, especially when you are stating this based wholly on playing just the demo! Why try it then? You can clearly see what style a game is before downloading it or the demo. I also don't care if a game conflicts with your personal morals or convictions, but I would certainly respect that opinion more if it was based on the entire game and included commentary on things like graphics and artwork, voice-overs, music, fun while playing, etc. I honestly do not think anyone can give a proper game assessment for a review based on a demo, and they should not be allowed to do so. When a company like L'Oreal sends you a free sample and asks for your opinion, they do not expect you to swipe whatever they sent on your hand, look at it, smell it, wipe it off and send them a review. They expect a full test of wearing the product for an extended period before you give an opinion.

Also, if someone cannot get a game installed and running on their computer, they should also not be allowed to post a negative review. Post that information in the game forum certainly, but since reviews count toward what people shopping for a new game see, then someone's inability to do anything more with a PC than turn it on should be kept in the forums. I do not need someone else's ineptitude with computers downgrading the rating on a game that I would possibly be interested in. So annoying and a true waste of time to have to wade through reviews like this.

Go to: