KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Okay, I'm confused... (major spoiler alert)

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 1, 15 12:47 PM
It's entirely possible I might have missed the explanation for this. So those twins were Gwen and Charlotte, Rose's daughters? Her DEAD daughters? Who Charles killed and whose bodies we found in Return to Ravenhearst and whose ghosts helped us out in Escape from Ravenhearst? Did the game ever explain how that's possible?

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Okay, I'm confused... (major spoiler alert)

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 1, 15 6:39 PM
In Escape from Ravenhearst we brought them, Rose, and Emma back to life. This is probably how they are alive. Does anyone know how the twins became evil though?

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 1, 15 7:46 PM
Creepman wrote:In Escape from Ravenhearst we brought them, Rose, and Emma back to life. This is probably how they are alive. Does anyone know how the twins became evil though?

I remember that, but they were just little girls then, did they really have time to grow into adults and get corrupted by Alister? There's only been a few years in between then and the game, right? How'd he get them away from Rose and Emma?

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 1, 15 8:03 PM
KDlala wrote:
Creepman wrote:In Escape from Ravenhearst we brought them, Rose, and Emma back to life. This is probably how they are alive. Does anyone know how the twins became evil though?

I remember that, but they were just little girls then, did they really have time to grow into adults and get corrupted by Alister? There's only been a few years in between then and the game, right? How'd he get them away from Rose and Emma?

Yeah, it has only been 4 years since Escape from Ravenhearst. Maybe they fed from the soul pods and it made them older and more powerful.

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 1, 15 9:01 PM
Creepman wrote:
KDlala wrote:

Yeah, it has only been 4 years since Escape from Ravenhearst. Maybe they fed from the soul pods and it made them older and more powerful.

I guess speculation is all we got, eh? At least I know I didn't miss a major plot point there XD

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 1, 15 9:30 PM
While we're on the subject, I'm also finding it VERY hard to believe Charles was the father of the twins. In Return, we see that Rose had a husband before she was called in to care for Emma, so I'd actually like to know how Charles managed to father the twins before that happened. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable here, but the games make it clear he raped Rose and got her pregnant with Victor, are we supposed to believe she willingly slept with Charles, a man obsessed with another woman, while she was married?

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 2, 15 12:35 PM
KDlala wrote:While we're on the subject, I'm also finding it VERY hard to believe Charles was the father of the twins. In Return, we see that Rose had a husband before she was called in to care for Emma, so I'd actually like to know how Charles managed to father the twins before that happened. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable here, but the games make it clear he raped Rose and got her pregnant with Victor, are we supposed to believe she willingly slept with Charles, a man obsessed with another woman, while she was married?

The twins have been saying that Charles was their father ever since RTR. I think they were young and confused, because Victor was Charles son and their brother. After being resurrected in EFR, they probably still believed this. Somehow they were committed to the mental hospital and taken under Alister's care. (or they were kidnapped and taken to the mental hospital at a very young age) Also, the twins probably grow up much faster than the normal human being because they were born in the 1800s and were resurrected.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 2, 15 5:26 PM
I always thought that Charles made them call him Father and think of him as their father even though he wasn't. Victor was their brother only because they shared the same mother, not the same father. However...the reason they "went bad" is supposedly because of their blood-line, infected with the Dalimar insanity. If I ever re-play RTR I won't feel the same about saving them! Funny how this game barely mentions Charles; I always thought he was the "ultimate evil one" of the group. Apparently he can't hold a candle to his father!

I wonder if this is the end of the Ravenhearst saga?

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 2, 15 5:29 PM
read61 wrote:I always thought that Charles made them call him Father and think of him as their father even though he wasn't. Victor was their brother only because they shared the same mother, not the same father. However...the reason they "went bad" is supposedly because of their blood-line, infected with the Dalimar insanity. If I ever re-play RTR I won't feel the same about saving them! Funny how this game barely mentions Charles; I always thought he was the "ultimate evil one" of the group. Apparently he can't hold a candle to his father!

I wonder if this is the end of the Ravenhearst saga?

I agree with everything. But I don't think it will be the end because if you watched to the end of the credits, there is a brief cutscene of Alister picking up the energy orb from the rubble.

Edited on 11/02/2015 at 5:29:50 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 2, 15 6:01 PM
Mmmm.....I did notice that. Thought it might have led into the bonus game but it didn't. However, they left the fate of the Master Detective in limbo which is why I thought it might have been the end. Time will tell, I guess. They're running out of family members though!

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 2, 15 6:14 PM
I doubt the whole MCF series would end with you drowning in the ocean. But I guess there could be another Master Detective....

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 2, 15 10:04 PM
I dunno, even if the MD did drown, Alistair doesn't seem the type to let his mortal enemy slip away THAT easily. He'd probably become obsessed with bringing him/her back to life just so he could torment them. XD

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 3, 15 12:23 PM
KDlala wrote:I dunno, even if the MD did drown, Alistair doesn't seem the type to let his mortal enemy slip away THAT easily. He'd probably become obsessed with bringing him/her back to life just so he could torment them. XD

I guess we know the next game's plot now haha

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Nov 8, 15 3:46 PM
Yes but now I have question if the twins made what happened to Rose and Emma ?

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 13, 15 9:59 PM
Capatin wrote:Yes but now I have question if the twins made what happened to Rose and Emma ?

I suppose we'll never know. You'd think they would probably have to be dead (again) in order for Alistair to have gotten hold of the twins.

....And if that's the case, wow, did the Master Detective ever fail them. Dear God. O_O

[Post New]by horrorqueen99 on Nov 14, 15 4:30 PM
In this game, it shows that they have the same DNA and it is mentioned that they are his daughters and inherited his insanity. I get that they called him father in the other games, but this specifically says they are his biological children. How is this possible at all?

Creepman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Creepman on Nov 14, 15 5:26 PM
horrorqueen99 wrote:In this game, it shows that they have the same DNA and it is mentioned that they are his daughters and inherited his insanity. I get that they called him father in the other games, but this specifically says they are his biological children. How is this possible at all?

Maybe Eipix got confused.

Nefersitra
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nefersitra on Nov 15, 15 7:48 AM
The whole Dalimar family confuses me, but then again time in MCF seems a bit off.

The first Madame Fate game showed Charles's ghost/spirit killing Madame Fate in the present day but Escape from Ravenhearst showed that Charles had been a freak in Madame's carnival (as had his mother and father) and his father had died well before Charles met Emma

Rose, Emma and the girls are resurrected at the end of the game, also in the present day. The second Dire Grove game introduces us to the sons of Alister's daughter - but there is nothing to suggest that she or they were especially long lived so the long-dead Alister Dalimar must have been alive and in a physical body in the 1960s.

The fact that the Twins appear to grown into adults in 4 years is just another weirdness.

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Nov 24, 15 7:57 AM
Nefersitra wrote:The whole Dalimar family confuses me, but then again time in MCF seems a bit off.

The first Madame Fate game showed Charles's ghost/spirit killing Madame Fate in the present day but Escape from Ravenhearst showed that Charles had been a freak in Madame's carnival (as had his mother and father) and his father had died well before Charles met Emma

Rose, Emma and the girls are resurrected at the end of the game, also in the present day. The second Dire Grove game introduces us to the sons of Alister's daughter - but there is nothing to suggest that she or they were especially long lived so the long-dead Alister Dalimar must have been alive and in a physical body in the 1960s.

The fact that the Twins appear to grown into adults in 4 years is just another weirdness.

Yeah, you're right. I can't put my finger on why that particular inaccuracy bugs me so much more than the others XD

kilmeny21
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kilmeny21 on Nov 24, 15 6:19 PM
KDlala wrote: Yeah, you're right. I can't put my finger on why that particular inaccuracy bugs me so much more than the others XD

You are not the only ones, it's been bugging me too. Played the demo of "Ravenhearst Unlocked" today and it reminded me of how annoyed by it I was. I went searching to see if it bugged anyone else.

They aren't related by blood. I replayed Return to Ravenhearst in October, before Key came out, and the newspaper articles scatter around mention both Rose and her daughters have gone missing. Specifically one mentions "Rose Sommerset and her twin daughters Gwen and Charlotte Sommerset missing since August 6th. The three individuals were last seen the morn of Aug. 6 Approx. 7:15 am by Husband/Father Reginald Sommerset..." and " 'That man is a liar and cannot be trusted,' exclaimed Reginald Sommerset, husband and father to the missing parties." And yes I just replayed it again, so I could see the newspaper clippings.

Go to: