siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by siberlene on Sep 18, 17 3:59 PM
acerb wrote:[color=#fe0000] After installing the last update, I found that I had quite a few anomalies, of which, I didn't have previously. I came into the forum and it was suggested that to clear these issues, that I should uninstall and re-install M.E. that it would clear these issues up. Unfortunately, it hasn't changed a thing:

I am unable to send any gifts to my fellow M.E. players. apart from John and Adele; (I can receive gifts from them and others);

In the 'rooms' I can no longer access any of the rooms apart from John and two or three others, stating that they don't have a room, even though I have been able to access them previously!

I did post a 'reply' but have never heard a thing back.

I am starting to think that I should just uninstall and be done with it.

I'm having the same issues, although I don't recall an update recently. It seemed to happen out of the blue.

My issues began on Saturday, September 16th. Active friends no longer have rooms and then I get the "please wait" message before I have to close out the game completely, and I lose progress constantly. On the final day of the CC, I had to get the last avatar twice because the game didn't register it the first time I got it. I'm having to do the same parts of DQ's and blue key quests over and over before they register. Right now I'm doing the last part of a 3 part DQ (Special Interest) and have had to do the last segment twice, as of this writing. Who knows what I'll find when I next enter the game.

Edit: I'm also sometimes unable to gift certain friends sometimes.

Edit 2: When I log on I also sometimes get "setting cloud, setting illumination, preparing characters" before it goes into the game. Got it again about 5 minutes ago. I played a part of a DQ when I realized that there were no friends in the score column after completing a hidden object scene. Closed out the game, went back in and, sure enough, the game had not logged the progress and had to start the HOS over again.

Is it time to send a Dr. Felix report or is this a known problem?

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 6:26:22 PM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by sylvesterfcdfv on Sep 19, 17 1:58 AM

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 8:21:47 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 19, 17 8:43 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts in this thread. It is definitely interesting that there has been some trouble with gifting in the game acerb and siberlene. Thank you for pointing out siberlene that there hasn't been a recent update. The Moderation Team will definitely post in the forums once an update is available. Since it sounds like these issues are very recent, let's try to run the game as an administrator to help obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you find that the issue continues to persist, feel free to reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your friend code and a screenshot of what you are seeing. The Support Team has the tools to further investigate this issue and bring this information to the appropriate teams.

I'd also like to thank players once again for their patience with the nuisance spam posts. As stated previously, we will continue to manually ban these posters and delete these posts. For more information, please refer to the announcement that bfgIlinalta provided above.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Sep 19, 17 3:55 PM
G'day.

When I launch MC, I get a pop-up stating that there is a new update available. When I click on the install button, the program shuts down and nothing happens.

I have opened the BF Game Manager (GM) and the update isn't listed. I did a "manual" check for updates in GM & there is nothing listed.

I have run through the above steps several times. As well, I shut my computer down and did a cold boot. And the same occurs.

FYI to the BF MC Tech Team.

Edit: I forgot my PC specs (in case it matters)

Win 10

MC is stored on an external hard drive

I always run MC as administrator

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 4:11:06 PM PST

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Sep 19, 17 4:11 PM
I received the notice about the new update. I went to the Game Manager and did the Download. Now it shows Midnight Castle as Waiting to Activate. When I click on Activate it signs me out and then says I have to sign in. I have done that multiple times including shutting down the computer and restarting. Same thing. It says Error 208. I am going to try deleting an reinstalling.

EDIT: Finished the reinstall. Download completed. Game seems ok. Got all my friends. The update must have worked because I have 2 new puzzles. Haven't seen anything else yet.

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 4:26:43 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 19, 17 5:24 PM
Hello jade_en and Susanna502,

Thank you for letting us know your experiences while installing the update that released for PC today on Midnight Castle. I just wanted to swim by real fast with what to do if there are issues after trying to install that update. We definitely want our players to be able to continue enjoying the game after an update, and I hope that we can get those issues cleared up.

Susanna502, thank you for letting us know that you were receiving a 208 error code, but after deleting the game and reinstalling that you were able to continue. I'm sorry that happened and you needed to delete the game and reinstall it to get it resolved, but I'm glad to hear that the game was updated and that those new puzzles are showing up now! I hope you enjoy the update, and I want to let you know to not hesitate to contact our Support Team with the steps below and your Friend Code, if available to provide. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

jade_en, it sounds like there is trouble with the update, where the game crashes after updating instead of starting as expected. What I recommend in this scenario is to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with a description of what you are experiencing and what steps you've attempted to resolve that installation issue. If you are able, please also provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, which can help our Reps and the teams behind the game better understand why this is happening and what steps may be able to assist. Thank you for your patience while working with our teams.

Thank you both for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 5:25:18 PM PST

jade_en
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jade_en on Sep 19, 17 5:46 PM
bfgIlinalta:

Thanks for the reply. I suspect that this little problem will just "go away" after a few days. As it is, I can still play MC when I close ("X") the update popup window.

So, no biggie. I can still play & unless the update has to do with new levels coming out, then I am not so concerned.

Cheers!

marycka
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by marycka on Sep 19, 17 6:36 PM
Installed update (manually) and now my game does not want to open - tried other games, those work, even though the message says Game manager stopped working.
Major Bummer, please help.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Sep 19, 17 8:07 PM
I installed the new update and pushed play and nothing happened after it looked like it was going to go to the game.. When I looked at my desktop all I see is a sheet of paper where my game manager used to be and my game seems to be missing from my desktop as well.

Found my game manager but when I tried to uninstall MC so I could reinstall it I was given the message that it was still running and I could not delete. I couldn't find MC in the task master to end the program. I ended up restarting my computer and the game was back on my desktop. Everything is fine now. I no longer need support.

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 9:00:19 PM PST

[Post New]by peaerlnogami on Sep 19, 17 8:44 PM
Same thing happened to me. I had to uninstall & reinstall the game. (I held my breath the entire time - lol)

[Post New]by peaerlnogami on Sep 19, 17 8:48 PM
I leveled up to 79 & started doing Arabella's quests at the end I still have 1 of her quests left to do but she is gone...is that what was supposed to happen or is that a glitch? Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 19, 17 8:56 PM
Storyteller Cat sent me to the Dragon...but the Dragon is missing! Empty space where he should be. Update appeared to work fine, but I must find the Dragon or I cannot continue on.

PC Win 7, all updates,
blah blah.

A Zen Wolfen Sad

Edited on 09/23/2017 at 2:29:54 PM PST

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Sep 19, 17 9:11 PM
The quest was called "Visit to an Old Friend", and when you complete it and try to click on Arabella to cash the quest out she just disappears. I'm used to the last character instructing me to visit them after a future update?? I can't play past level 79.

Sue (Suenamie) 620914

PC Windows 8.1

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 9:12:28 PM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by lawerenceTGHGTHY on Sep 19, 17 11:49 PM

Edited on 09/20/2017 at 9:35:22 AM PST

[Post New]by grandepain on Sep 20, 17 1:06 AM
since update I have been unable to open midnight castle game.

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Sep 20, 17 1:25 AM
I was working my way through the new update and I have lost Arabella!
I am being taken to where she was but she is missing.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sa

[Post New]by Sukjer on Sep 20, 17 4:01 AM
Susanne ID 417465 playing PC Windows 7: playing the update till Arabella' s quest to the last 11th quest I tried to compleating it but I lost Arabella and cannot go on to level 80. Please help me to correct this .
Thank you, Susanne.

[Post New]by wanderinglostAnn on Sep 20, 17 5:23 AM
I am having problems completing the newest download. My user name is Annie, ID# 656700. I just got to level 76. I used the manager, checked for download. after it asked to activate the game started like normal, but a message came up about my save was under something different and it shut down. I went to desktop game icon to start game and opened it and this is where it won't finish the download because it keeps saying I am not connected to retry or quit. Please help!

majageorg
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by majageorg on Sep 20, 17 6:35 AM
peaerlnogami wrote:I leveled up to 79 & started doing Arabella's quests at the end I still have 1 of her quests left to do but she is gone...is that what was supposed to happen or is that a glitch? Thanks in advance.

Same here: Arabella just disappeared...

[Post New]by debbiedevore1958 on Sep 20, 17 6:35 AM
Debbie (KY) Player Id 114927 I too have lost Arabella and cannot complete her 11th quest as she has disappeared and I cannot complete level 79 to get to level 80. I play on a laptop.

Go to: