bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 11, 09 12:03 AM
Welcome to Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:Welcome to Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet forum

[Post New]by besstan on Oct 11, 09 12:27 AM
well another good game from they are spoiling us lol i have the other 2 of these games just downloading now i hope this as good i enjoyed the other ones
will get back on the game later when i demo it but i think it will be good besstan

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Oct 11, 09 12:55 AM
Looks excellent. Have played 10 mins demo time and that is enough to put it on my wanted list. My cursor was floating but there is an option to use the ordinary one and it was fine after that. Will definitely buy this one. Thanks BF

[Post New]by rockhopper1 on Oct 11, 09 1:24 AM
I was so involved, my hour flew by. I will be buying this one. I, too, agree that BFG is spoiling us with the great games that are coming out. This is my 4th game to purchase. At this rate, I will definitely make the 6 for the month to get my free one.. Enjoy

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 11, 09 1:41 AM
Ahhhhh!... - That says it all.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Oct 11, 09 2:25 AM
Played about 20 minutes of this, and so far haven't seen much to get excited about. Compared with some of the games we've been offered lately, this is very much second division. Dark scenes, eye-aching object searches, nothing much in the way of puzzles....

Having to click in the little pop-up figure to get hints is simply annoying, especially if you don't always keep the mouse in your hand all the time you're searching the screen.

I'll play out the demo, but unless it improves a lot I won't be buying this one.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 11, 09 4:26 AM
I agree with you Lilycat. Very ****-hum game.

[Post New]by ayrbirds1 on Oct 11, 09 4:58 AM
Hi is anyone else having problems downloading this game. I am desperate to try it and it keeps giving me an error code after download.

[Post New]by bediddler on Oct 11, 09 5:21 AM
Are you kidding me? This game is GREAT!!!!! Have the other 2 and Love them as well!!!!! I love to see games that run in succession, each one is just better than the previous!

Edited on 10/11/2009 at 5:22:36 AM PST

vloert
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by vloert on Oct 11, 09 7:53 AM
ayrbirds1 wrote:Hi is anyone else having problems downloading this game. I am desperate to try it and it keeps giving me an error code after download.

Same problem here!

michaboo
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by michaboo on Oct 11, 09 8:24 AM
Can we get a game not about Egyptian stuff? It's the same story over and over!

ubydudy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ubydudy on Oct 11, 09 9:34 AM
Did the demo this AM and bought immediately. Loved the other two and this one as well. There were so many good games in September, I was upset when you had the October special and I had already bought 3 games in Sept. But the October games are really good as well. Already have four and it isn't even the middle of the month. Keep up the good games.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 11, 09 11:13 AM
I still go back and replay the first two of the series quite often so this was a no-brainer for me. Took me from about 2:30AM to 10:30AM to complete without many breaks and I'm an experience HOGer so your mileage may differ.

The game play is different from the previous 2 in that there are fewer Spot the Difference scenes, the objects are more interactive, rather than just replacing a spot on the screen, the object actually causes an action. Also, I didn't find the objects/differences as difficult to find as they were in the two prior versions.

Hints are plentiful. I ended up with over 50 at the end but I had used some because I was getting too tired. LOL Anubis is still poking his head from the side of the screen but this time he stays long enough for you to click on him which is a big help.

The underwater scene returns but no burning buildings to contend with. I hated that librarian in the last one with a passion.

I'd give it a definite 4 fins out of 5.

- MO

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 11, 09 11:17 AM
Auntann11, you might want to try uninstalling the Big Fish client and then retry to download the game. If that doesn't help, contact Customer Support. They're great at getting to the heart of the problem.

I don't know what operating system you have so I can only suggest going to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to remove it. I don't know if Vista has that option or equivalent.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Oct 11, 09 2:10 PM
Looking for coins, black ghost and hidden objects. Lots of puzzles. Somehow I just cannot get interested in this series. This one is better than the first but it does not do it for me.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Oct 11, 09 3:21 PM
Have just finished demo, reached the sewers when the screen went black. Took me about ten or fifteen minutes to get into this game, but once I did I found it quite enjoyable. I didn't realise it was the third in a series so I will now download the demo's of the other two and will maybe buy those as well as this one. It's my birthday at the end of this month so quess what I'm going to ask the family to buy me for presents??

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 11, 09 3:36 PM
michaboo wrote:Can we get a game not about Egyptian stuff? It's the same story over and over!

I agree. Although I like the game, in my opinion, way too many games have Egyptian themes. Why is that?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 11, 09 4:46 PM
Egypt has always been a source of mystery and intrigue, and much that is still unexplained.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 12, 09 3:17 AM
Also because it is a trilogy based in Egypt. It would be kind of strange if the last one was in South America.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Oct 12, 09 3:50 AM
MoreOver wrote:Also because it is a trilogy based in Egypt. It would be kind of strange if the last one was in South America.

Even better, if the game ventured toward outerspace as we all know the aliens built the pyramids! lol.

Go to: