A little note to people who have complained about DSJ 1 and 2

[Post New]by KintaroToshiro on Oct 11, 09 11:52 AM
I would like to point out that these 2 games, The Curse of Midnight Manor and The Town with No Name are approx. 4 years old.

Complaining that the creators havent "listened" to your complaints about the first game is a bit silly in the light of this fact.

I would suggest to Big Fish that they include the production date on these type of games in the furture (and by type I mean rereleases) to avoid people getting annoyed over this type of thing again. Would also give people the advantage of knowing in advance if something has an actual chance of working

NB.
I personaly own all 3 chapters of the Delaware St. John series. Bought them when they where first released. Great games back then. Mediocre at best today.

Edited on 10/11/2009 at 11:53:21 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:A little note to people who have complained about DSJ 1 and 2

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 11, 09 12:46 PM
I would also suggest that when a game of this sort comes up on Big Fish that people google to see if it has been previously released, and if so, look at game reviews first. This will give them a very good idea of what to expect.

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on Oct 11, 09 1:26 PM
Good advice.

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Oct 14, 09 9:49 AM
From what I've read so far, most of the complaints are because there is a lot of wandering around and meetings with locked doors.

It's an Adventure game (and) HOG game.

With Adventure games you can expect to wander around, running into dead ends and locked doors. If it was too easy, it wouldn't be fun for me.

The point is, having to wander around looking for clues, etc doesn't make a game bad. It's actually the ideal game to some people, and the more experience you have with it, the less wandering you will have to do. I enjoy a game that is drawn out and requires some thinking.

As someone mentioned above, it's always best to read the reviews before buying a game. If people are complaining in the reviews that there is a lot of wandering around and locked doors and this irks you, then for heavens sake don't purchase the game and then complain to the developers to "fix" it.

As for any technical issues, I haven't had any with any of the games.

I might also add that a quick google search will provide you with the software requirements for any of these games (including re-release updates & info). Compare those to what your computer is capable of and if it isn't compatible, then you're probably going to have technical issues. Don't purchase it anyway hoping it will work and then complain to BFG and the developers when it crashes.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 14, 09 11:14 AM
We appreciate your suggestions here regarding the release of older games. It's important to note that we do extensive testing on any of the games we release, even more so for Large File games.

Big Fish Games posts the system specifications for each an every game on the game page. So it is easy to find out whether or not your computer will handle this game. While there are some people who have experienced technical problems, the great majority of people have played the game without trouble.

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

Go to: