Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Disappointed and frustrated

[Post New]by Cynkee on Oct 11, 09 4:18 PM
I have downloaded and redownloaded this game numerous times. I have restarted my computer a half dozen times. I have updated EVERYTHING Vista has told me to. It is not a DirectX problem. I cannot get this game to run, altho' it tells me it's running when I try to uninstall it for the umpteenth time.

The reviews have been pretty good and I love HOGs, but I guess I'll never know just how this game rates.

Well, I'm off to restart my computer yet AGAIN and search for a game that will actually work.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Disappointed and frustrated

[Post New]by nwl43 on Oct 11, 09 5:27 PM
I installed Vista Service Pak 2 and suddenly could not play any of my games. I uninstalled SP2 and the problem went away.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Oct 11, 09 5:46 PM
Why don't you try contacting Customer Support through live chat tomorrow? They might have just the trick you need to get it running right away, and if not, I've heard they will keep working with you until the problem can be resolved. If I really wanted a game that wouldn't play for me, I'd certainly go that route. I can tell you that it isn't Vista because it runs fine for me on Vista Home Premium 32-bit....and that's with SP2 but not with IE8.

Edited on 10/11/2009 at 5:47:54 PM PST

[Post New]by jenaraujo on Oct 11, 09 8:41 PM
I am experiencing the same problem. I have an email into the tech people and hopefully will hear back soon. If you do find the solution, I'd love to hear it.

[Post New]by CLICKETY on Oct 12, 09 4:34 PM
Very frustrating , so where do i stand as far as a refund in a way of another game since it's obvious it isn't my computer, anyone know? Off to download another for now, cheers

[Post New]by jonicat on Oct 12, 09 8:56 PM
I have the same problem. I must have downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again at least 8 times. I have contacted CS and sent a Dr. Felix zip file to them. I have been waiting for 2 days to hear back, so hopefully tomorrow. If I get a fix, I'll post it.

Edited on 10/12/2009 at 8:57:27 PM PST

[Post New]by deshong on Oct 13, 09 1:11 AM
I am having the same problem, hopefully someone will post, It works on my xp computer but not on my vista computer

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 13, 09 1:57 AM
It's running fine on both my Vista Home laptop and my pc
XP which is 3 years old. Recently one game wouldn't load on Vista, it said I needed to update Adobe Flash player (which was up to date IMO) but I went ahead and downloaded their update alert anyway and all was fine. There's another player can't recall name of (senior moment) may need update too, these play the animation parts, and I think Java(?) It was weird because that game ran on older XP pc fine with Int Exp 7, but not on Vista not even 2 yrs old but not a whizbang video card on the laptop either.

I have more problems running the older games on Daily Deals than the newer ones with bells and whistles on Vista. I also took CS advice to change Vista settings, Personalize appearance to Vista Basic, not Aero which I saw on that menu and that solved another glitch I had. Hope you all find your solutions because this game is worth the trouble, I'm on my 3rd replay,

starkops
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by starkops on Oct 13, 09 3:45 AM
I'm facing the same problem.

I had the same problem in getting the game to run with a game in Iwin games called "Chronicles of Mystery The Scorpio Ritual".

Are these 2 games created by the same company?

[Post New]by Prorokus on Oct 13, 09 3:54 AM
nope

[Post New]by mike_farren on Oct 13, 09 4:46 AM
I'm running Windows 7, with IE8, and have had zero problems with this game. Unlike some others,which I'm just waiting until October 22nd to bring up with the support guys. I have a pre-release copy of Windows 7, and they said they can't do anything until the actual release.

Go to: