6,953 Posts

11 Days until the Thanksgiving Event

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 3, 15 9:01 PM
That's not much time.

Re:11 Days until the Thanksgiving Event

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Nov 3, 15 9:31 PM
I dressed up the Thanksgiving Event as to where the collectibles are located:
ART THANKSGIVING DAY COLLECTIBLES
(Collectibles became available November 14, 2013)
Thanksgiving Ornaments Collection
Verdant Gold Turkey---Boat Builders
Dark Turkey--- Boat Builders
Happy Turkey--- Toy Shop
Paper Turkey--- Secret Library
Turkey in a Basket--- Portland

Thanksgiving Turkey Service
Glazed Harvest--- Captain Matthews
Golden Gobbler--- Secret Library
Ivory Wreath--- Boat Builders
Belle of the Birds--- Pensacola
Magenta Rose--- Toy Shop

Thanksgiving Fancy Gourds Collection
Yellow drop Gourd --- Secret Library
Green dipped Gourd --- Hunting Lodge
Bicolor Gourd --- Hotel
Gold Dust Gourd --- Toy Shop
Candlemelt Gourd --- Secret Library/ Pensacola

Thanksgiving Corn Decoration Collection
Los Hermanos --- Red Mine
Blue Sky ---Pensacola
Cup-a-Corn --- Bar
Cornucopia --- Secret Library
Multimaize --- Doll Shop

By Their Location
Red Mine — Los Hermanos Corn
Portland — Turkey in a Basket
Secret Library — Cornucopia, Paper Turkey, Candle melt Gourd, Yellow drop Gourd, Golden Gobbler Plate
Hunting Lodge — Green dipped Gourd
Doll Shop — Multimaize
Toy Shop ---Gold Dust Gourd, Magenta Plate, Happy Turkey
Bar --- Cup-a-Corn
Boat Builders --- Dark Turkey, Verdant Gold Turkey, Ivory Wreath Plate
Hotel --- Bicolor Gourd
Captain Matthews --- Glazed Harvest Plate
Pensacola --- Belle of the Birds, Candlemelt Gourd, Blue Sky Corn

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Nov 4, 15 12:42 AM
Do we have to customize any of our buildings? I know we can't get the seasonal decorations until the event starts but is there anything we need to do beforehand?

Thanks WildCat, that list looks very helpful. Am printing it out & putting it beside my computer.

TiramaSue, you are right. I have barely caught my breath from the Halloween Event. Already had to switch my thinking to the next event - Thanksgiving. Not something we celebrate in Australia. Christmas is going to come hard on the heels of the Thanksgiving Event - busy time of the year!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Nov 4, 15 4:45 AM
I, for one, am glad. Didn't want to have to wait. Since Halloween was only 1 quest per day, it wasn't very time consuming. Looking forward to it, actually.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 4, 15 5:17 AM
No customizations. If one hasn't played those scenes for a while might want to practice. Amazing how rusty the play gets after not doing it for a while.

Since when we originally got the quest in 2013 virtually everyone could play but not complete it. Energy level is going to be the key here since it is based on playing the cities and food to refill the energy level. Food at the coin slot.... food at the #30 chest for getting keys. Great time to work on getting the gold for purchasing of food.

New games need to get pizzeria open if energy level is about 350 so that pizza can be bought - by far the cheapest way to refill. Throw in some mac and cheese to increase overall energy level and look through food items that are in the achievement lists to be got. Bet someone has a vanilla milkshake sitting around unused.

If I am not mistaken it was a graduated thing first time through, items dropped more readily as the event progressed. Course the lists suck air without any real detail and probably not wise to fact that sometimes you don't have to wait for quests to get an item.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 4, 15 9:06 AM
Star machine to earn gold and food.

I was hoping for more time between events so that I could get those 3 new cities to guru level and get my museum buildings to level 2 before the next special event.

And I still have some serious pumpkin clicking to do in MC.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Nov 4, 15 1:05 PM
TiramaSue wrote:And I still have some serious pumpkin clicking to do in MC.

Hehe...me too
Thanks very much - this list is great!!
Are there any timed quests for Thanksgiving?

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Nov 4, 15 2:00 PM
barbarasofie wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:And I still have some serious pumpkin clicking to do in MC.

Hehe...me too
Thanks very much - this list is great!!
Are there any timed quests for Thanksgiving?

If my old brain cells can remember back that far, there were a least 1-2 for each Category of the Collectibles, which ones I wish I knew for sure. Since I still have some of them in my Collections these might be the Timed Quests:
Turkey Ornaments--Verdant Gold; Dark; and Paper.
Turkey Service--Ivory Wreath and Belle of the Birds.
Gourds--Yellowdrop and Candlemelt.
Corn Decorations--Blue Sky and Cornucopia.
This is just a hunch since I have 0-1 of these. On my other game, one of the updates wiped me down to zero for all of them, so I get to start from scratch on it.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Nov 4, 15 3:00 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

Yep.. me too, don't know how in the world I'll make it to 2000.. seems out of reach..

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Nov 4, 15 3:02 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:No customizations. If one hasn't played those scenes for a while might want to practice. Amazing how rusty the play gets after not doing it for a while.

Since when we originally got the quest in 2013 virtually everyone could play but not complete it.

I looked at some old posts.. and it looks like one of the pilgrims asked for us to customize or upgrade the antique shop..

Not sure how or if they've changed it this time around since most people are way farther than they were in 2013...

This will either great with some changes.. or it could be a disaster if no modifications were made.. it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds..

jammet
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jammet on Nov 5, 15 9:26 AM
In addition there will be necessary Thanksgiving upgrades to:

Breezy Bay (Banners,Seasonal and Fountain)
Dinhammer Alley (Banners and Seasonal)
Paw Paw Grove (Banners, Gnomes and Seasonal)

Pets will require Pilgrim Hats (12 gold) each with the exception of the cat.
This is my first time through so I'm not certain is these upgrades will come as quests.

Looking forward to the new look of Beachwood Cove...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 5, 15 10:24 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

Yep.. me too, don't know how in the world I'll make it to 2000.. seems out of reach..

Pumpkin swapping and LOTS of clicking. I still need about 600-650 in each of my games.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Nov 5, 15 1:23 PM
thank you for the list WildCat. It will help a lot me come Thanksgiving.

Cheers

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Nov 5, 15 9:24 PM
mpendo wrote:thank you for the list WildCat. It will help a lot me come Thanksgiving.

Cheers

You are very welcome, had lots of help from my friend in Holland, she's been my Luck Charm lately. She sent me her addendum to my list, one was to remind me about the Glitch in the Boat Builders, the Magnifying Glass. She strongly recommends to just complete The Ornaments and Turkey Service only once...and leave it be, the least chance you bumping into the Magnifying Glass which you'll have to close your game. And we know what happens to us when we have to do that!
She also told me that depending on how much you are willing to play, you can make 1000's of bars of Gold. She also mentioned she can't tell you all how to play your game, but it's quite important to know how to play this Event, because of the Glitch in Boat Builders. I agree with her wisdom about that part of the game.
Hope this also helps in the upcoming Event!

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Nov 6, 15 3:51 AM
Hi Wildcat, thanks for sharing that information but it has raised some questions. This is my first time at this event & I certainly don't want to run into trouble.

remind me about the Glitch in the Boat Builders, the Magnifying Glass.

Can someone please explain what the glitch in the Boat Builders is? I haven't come across this one yet & I would like to be prepared. Where or what is the Magnifying Glass?

She strongly recommends to just complete The Ornaments and Turkey Service only once...and leave it be, the least chance you bumping into the Magnifying Glass which you'll have to close your game. And we know what happens to us when we have to do that!

What happens?? Does it cause you to lose your whole game or just that day's progress? Or can't proceed with the Event???

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 6, 15 4:28 AM
We talked about Michigan a few days back. Magnifying glass in Michigan
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/568097.page

glitch in Boatbuilders, Hessel Michigan
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/400704.page

Hessel Michigan
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/401313.page

The magnifying glass can sometimes be picked up as lollipop and then occasionally not picked up at all.

So the people that need to "perhaps" play MI only once would only be the people that have the mini-screens open. Then it is not every time you get a request for it and not every time you cannot get it.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 6, 15 4:31 AM
I am bringing this back up from a recent discussion in Now what?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/547905.page

by OddlyEnuh on Sep 29, 15 5:21 PM

For newer players I would suggest preparing for Thanksgiving, based on what we do know for sure

• It is going to rely on energy so play your slot machine for food items and getting energy level up. Since it is based on the cities, it is going to require plenty of food stuffs.

•get your cities open, since no one bothered to take good notes we don't know what mode things dropped in but perhaps getting the following open and to Professional would be a good idea:
Nevada
Illinois
South Dakota
Connecticut
Washington - Secret Library

Best to leave undone quests to open mini scenes for these if you want to really make hay during Thanksgiving, if you have not done so yet.
Florida
Michigan
Minnesota
Oregon
Ohio

Michigan has that lollipop thing going on.... so that won't be pretty if trying to get collectibles if you have the mini-scenes open.

Not only will leaving only the main scene open will make you faster but it will also make sure you have something to do after Christmas and before Valentines.

Vet player might get reacquainted with these cities, it is surprising how rusty one gets when not playing them for a while.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 6, 15 4:51 AM
This list was based off 2013 play; things were misidentified or appeared in other places also. Purple text will be the updated 2015 location
Ornaments
Verdant Gold Turkey........... Michigan AZ & MT
Dark Turkey........................ Michigan AZ & MT

Happy Turkey..................... Minnesota
Paper Turkey...................... Washington, Secret Library
Turkey in a Basket.............. Oregon

Turkey Service
Glazed Harvest.................. Connecticut
Golden Gobbler................. Washington, Secret Library
Ivory Wreath....................... Michigan AZ & MT
Belle of the Birds............... Florida
Magenta Rose .................. Minnesota

Fancy Gourds
Bicolor gourd..................... Ohio
Candlemelt gourd.............. Washington- Secret Library, *one mode and depends on your game, Florida
Gold Dust gourd................ FL was wrong, it is in Minnesota and also appearing in WA,SL one mode * depends on the game which one
Greendipped gourd........... Idaho
Yellowdrop gourd.............. Washington-Secret Library

Corn Decorations
Los Hermanos.................. Nevada
Blue Sky........................... Florida
Cup-a-corn....................... Illinois
Cornucopia...................... Washington-Secret Library
Multimaze......................... South Dakota

None of them will be cheap energy wise, but the two with Michigan do drop three items. I made out equally well with all of them. Seems to me that it was rush to finish Corn Decorations. Whether that was because the Blue Sky or another showed up late or I did not have it on a level for the piece to drop I can not remember.

Anyone that does not have the mini-scenes open in Michigan have nothing to fear and even if you do it is only occasionally that it will be a problem.

Updated with new Nov 2015 information - I also think that BZ put the Michigan items in Arizona and Montana as a work around for the glitch with magnifying glass. 11/20/15

Edited on 11/20/2015 at 3:49:19 AM PST

Go to: